2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

LTtxfan

Just now, Tired of Lurking said:

2-loss Georgia is actually a legitimate contender over two 1-loss conference champions? Ugh, that would be such bullshit. Even UCF is more deserving of being ass-raped by Alabama.

It would set such a horrible precedent. A 2-loss non-conference champion has no business in the playoff. I don’t give a shit about anything else. 

Just now, Constant said:

It would set such a horrible precedent. A 2-loss non-conference champion has no business in the playoff. I don’t give a shit about anything else. 

If it happens the Big Ten, Pac-12 and Big 12 should just break off and form their own mini tournament because the committee is saying that they don't matter.

Just now, ATLLonghorn said:

I don't know how good Clemson is. They absolutely belong in, they may be the best team, they haven't been challenged since September and played one good-ish team (A&M at A&M) that was a two point game. I just wonder how they'll play against someone good.

They almost lost to Syracuse, but that was Lawrence's first start. They're humming along now and will thrash Notre Dame.

7 minutes ago, Tired of Lurking said:

2-loss Georgia is actually a legitimate contender over two 1-loss conference champions? Ugh, that would be such bullshit. Even UCF is more deserving of being ass-raped by Alabama.

Just remember that the main argument against expanding the playoff to 8 teams is that it would "diminish the importance of the regular season. The regular season is a playoff in and of itself." Unless, of course, you are a SEC team. Then you don't have to win all of your games. Just lose the right ones and you'll be given a second chance.

9 minutes ago, ATLLonghorn said:

If it happens the Big Ten, Pac-12 and Big 12 should just break off and form their own mini tournament because the committee is saying that they don't matter.

A unified, complete bowl protest would be awesome. This precedent effects every conference not named SEC. Lose and not drop, or move UP?! 

Edited by Constant

I like how they've managed to craft a brand new concept with this thing they like to call "the eyeball test."

There is no such fucking thing. All that shit is is "feelings, emotions and biases" wrapped up in a more technical sounding phrase so as to remove the anti-intellectual stigma that group of words conjures up.

Just now, hpslugga said:

I like how they've managed to craft a brand new concept with this thing they like to call "the eyeball test."

There is no such fucking thing. All that shit is is "feelings, emotions and biases" wrapped up in a more technical sounding phrase so as to remove the anti-intellectual stigma that group of words conjures up.

The important thing changes on what school they want to put in. Remember when you had to win your conference so they put in tOSU over TCU?