2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

LTtxfan

Just now, Js1 said:

It would be total bullshit to give the #4 seed a home field advantage.

Why should they care? Haven’t you been watching? No one can beat them. Hell, some say they could play and beat an NFL franchise. I find that to be a ridiculous statement, but it is said. 

In fact it was just said not 30 minutes ago by two of the individuals currently hosting the playoff show on ESPN.

2 minutes ago, gmr548 said:

Curious what gives UGA the edge over Ohio State but not OU? While OU had a clear edge over Ohio State it was a small one. Odd that whatever got OU ahead of UGA didn't apply to Ohio State.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

listening to the talking head committee guy he basically said "we worked out the 4 and then did not really give a shit after that"

or kind of what he said was that because of how the voting for the 4 was it ended up with a mish mash after the 4 and UGA happened to be 5

it is like the Heisman everyone worries about their #1 vote and then the rest are just placed where they end up based on how people thought they were for #1 or not #1 and no one really worries about it

I think they got it right. Had a two loss SEC team gotten in over a one loss OU I think it would have been time to revolt. 

And we get to play a team that is disappointed about being in the Sugar Bowl. That’s good for us from the motivation standpoint. It just sucks that they are way better than us righ now. 

Both Georgia and Texas both suck in the fourth quarter, BTW. If the two teams are tied at the end of three I don’t know what is going to happen. 

2 hours ago, mdleast said:

It’s strange how last night the discussion was all OU vs Georgia and now there is such a “push” to put Ohio State in the mix. The pundits I’ve watched/read are all over the map and ESPN stats seem to be pushing Ohio State now:

60a02d540568d4be6e69b83c9ec5c4be.jpg

Best wins

UGA over current #9

OU over current #13  but not current #12?

tOSU over #4 who is not #4 and never should have been  

Edited by Treefidy
Actually surprised they put OU in and left tOSU out a 2nd year in a row. B1G protest coming

7 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

I am not saying Ruff is the greatest DC out there, but he is pretty damn good and his players generally really love him and go all out for him

I think there has been some improvement in this short time and I can guarantee you that Ruff will be coaching his ass off and working 24X7 and I think there will be improvement shown in this long break

the same D that sucked earlier in the year will not be stepping on the field for the playoffs......of course Alabama has all the coaching resources they could ever want, but still I think a different OU defense will be stepping on the field

They've given up 43.2 ppg in the back-half of the schedule.  It was not just an earlier in the season suckage.

1 minute ago, NowThis said:

Tua vs. Ewok - this is must see tv .

Best QB matchup in years 

I think Tua might have broken his ankle. We will get nothing but lies and misinformation from Saban leading up to the game but will be interesting to see if Hurts plays. 

Just now, longhornmatt said:

They’re going to be called constantly for holding, offensive PI for pick routes and downfield blocking, ineligible man downfield, and Bama is going to mug their WRs without getting many defensive holding calls.  It’s going to be a rude fucking awakening.

This seems like a likely outcome - no sarcasm. 

Just now, Newy25 said:

I think Tua might have broken his ankle. We will get nothing but lies and misinformation from Saban leading up to the game but will be interesting to see if Hurts plays. 

OU has a real chance if Tua is out. Hurts can't be magical like that again IMO. 

4 minutes ago, mdmost said:

Arlington getting kicked in the nuts again. Dabo talking about coming to Dallas. Lolz. 

not really the Clemson fans will show up and they will have to stay over night (3 nights plus) and ND brings out massive casual fans

OU fans would have had the option to make a day trip for the game and head back home in their RV/House (after they looted the Cstores for food or is that UH fans at the Cotton Bowl 🤣 )

Arlington (and the DFW area) do not give a shit if there are a few less TV viewers they care about warm bodies that have to show up and rent rooms and eat at reastaurants

not to mention this would have been the 4th trip for OU fans to FWd this season.....Cotton Bowl, TCU in Fort Worth and the CCG yesterday so their fans would have had a lot of "day trippers" or people that drive down and stayed on the far edge of town and drove in for the game and headed home (or back to the far fringes for one more night)

Clemson and ND = major airlines flights and 3+ night hotel stays

5 minutes ago, NowThis said:

OU has a real chance if Tua is out. Hurts can't be magical like that again IMO. 

Even if Tua plays, limited he is very ineffective. Alabama’s defense is not like previous years, they will give up points to OU. I actually think it will be a good game. 

4 minutes ago, Hagbard Celine said:

And thanks to the fixed zebras, we were dutifully made to play our part.

I wish our fans would be less Aggy blaming the loss on the refs. If you want to blame someone, blame our terrible clock management  at the end off the first half. Constantly blaming losses on the refs is so Aggy and so tiresome. 

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, EMAWesome said:

Other two NY6 bowls are going to be LSU/Florida vs Michigan/UCF.  Don't know the exact match ups but those are the four teams in the mix and LSU and Florida aren't playing each other in a bowl.

Florida UCF would be interesting, LSU Michigan would be a suckfest.

Edited by Vertigo

8 minutes ago, Js1 said:

They've given up 43.2 ppg in the back-half of the schedule.  It was not just an earlier in the season suckage.

I am not saying they will be lights out, but it is hard to make major changes in the season....coming up OU basically has an entire spring practice to make changes and look at the teams they played in the back half of the schedule Vs the front half.....Tech, OkState, TCU, Texas, WVU

Vs Army and UCLA and shit like that where they were giving up massive points pre-Lincoln

this is a tough game for sure, but it is not like Georgia is some offensive juggernaut and neither is most of the SEC SEC SEC and Georgia was moving pretty easy on Bama until they went full regarded

5 minutes ago, ButtFumble said:

not really the Clemson fans will show up and they will have to stay over night (3 nights plus) and ND brings out massive casual fans

OU fans would have had the option to make a day trip for the game and head back home in their RV/House (after they looted the Cstores for food or is that UH fans at the Cotton Bowl 🤣 )

Arlington (and the DFW area) do not give a shit if there are a few less TV viewers they care about warm bodies that have to show up and rent rooms and eat at reastaurants

not to mention this would have been the 4th trip for OU fans to FWd this season.....Cotton Bowl, TCU in Fort Worth and the CCG yesterday so their fans would have had a lot of "day trippers" or people that drive down and stayed on the far edge of town and drove in for the game and headed home (or back to the far fringes for one more night)

Clemson and ND = major airlines flights and 3+ night hotel stays

That’s not what he’s saying

8 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

I wish our fans would be less Aggy blaming the loss on the refs. If you want to blame someone, blame our terrible clock management  at the end off the first half. Constantly blaming losses on the refs is so Aggy and so tiresome. 

We can lose because we weren't the better team and acknowledge that the officiating was terrible at the same time. Those are not mutually exclusive. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

In hindsight, yeah, but I can understand Herman attempting to continue the drive there.  It was 2nd & 25 at our 44, and we've been able to convert on stuff like that this year.  If we were closer to our end zone, the obvious answer would be to run the clock out, but Herman knew OU sucks would be putting up points in the second half and we needed to do the same.  It was just an aggressive move that ended up backfiring.  If we just ran the clock out, I guarantee people would be bitching about why we would do that with the ball near the 50.

Edited by OU Sucks

33 minutes ago, longhornmatt said:

They’re going to be called constantly for holding, offensive PI for pick routes and downfield blocking, ineligible man downfield, and Bama is going to mug their WRs without getting many defensive holding calls.  It’s going to be a rude fucking awakening.

Like it was in 2013?  Why do people keep forgetting, or just want to be in denial that OU still has scoreboard on Saban and Alabama?

10 minutes ago, mdmost said:

You know ESPN is lacking content when they bring Bear on to give his useless opinion. 

New Year's Day bowls won't be announced until 2pm. Christ, what is ESPN going to throw out for another hour and a half. 

The also ran breakdowns. And that is only a political call to keep from anyone accusing them of turning this into the WWF.