2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

LTtxfan

It's what these media fucks do. They pump this shit out there to get clicks. Thing is they believe it, but still. It's still a business. 

People are discounting the opportunity to match up Midget Sooner v. Bama D. That's a compelling match up, more so than Bama v. OSU or v. Georgia (a-fucking-gain). 

They anticipate Bama v. Clemson in the final, and will work to make that happen.

3 minutes ago, heso said:

If a 2-loss non-conference champion gets in over TWO 1-loss P5 conference champions, this thing needs to be burned to the ground. Heck, if they get in over ONE, same thing.

Their championship game should just be considered their first round game. They lost. They are out.

16 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Kirk Herbstreit just advocated for moving Georgia UP to #3 in the playoff rankings. You read that right.

Yeah he has Georgia at 3, because it's so fucking asinine to have them at 4 and play an immediate fucking rematch of a game we just saw that he had to move them up. 

Fuck off with expanding the playoffs, this is what we will get. 

5 minutes ago, Neonmoon said:

Again, these “reporters” are what is wrong with the “media”. They are bought and paid for agents. They create a narrative and try to sway the public. 

I wish nothing but bad things for all of them

It's a nice thought, but it's worrying how so many analysts from different platforms are suddenly openly advocating for this. It's like a switch of dumb-assery was flipped or something.

8 minutes ago, Firemans4Horn said:

If Georgia makes it over ou/OSU than this system is shittier than the BCS. 

The only thing that sucked about the BCS was that only two teams got a shot in the end. I'd much rather have the BCS algorithm choose the 4 teams than a ridiculous committee prone to bias and special interests. I will say this: if Georgia gets in over two one-loss conference champ, I'm done with college football outside of Texas games. 

2 minutes ago, Eastwood said:

The only thing that sucked about the BCS was that only two teams got a shot in the end. I'd much rather have the BCS algorithm choose the 4 teams than a ridiculous committee prone to bias and special interests. I will say this: if Georgia gets in over two one-loss conference champ, I'm done with college football outside of Texas games. 

College football: where every game matters, except the ones we don't want to matter.

1 minute ago, Chet Steadman said:

Why are all of you jabronis posting tweets from ESPN personalities?

<Harrisonfordgif>

Because ESPN constant hype of Sam Bradford pushed blOU ahead of us in the BCS rankings tiebreaker in 2008. Because ESPN inventing the idea of a 'quality loss' and beating their viewers over the head with it successfully pushed Alabama ahead of Oklahoma State into the #2 spot in 2011.

Like it or not, ESPN and the media have massive influence on the rankings. And they know it. Why do you think there is a coordinated media campaign going on right now to advocate for Georgia, but absolutely nothing for blOU or Ohio State?

• Like 2

If Georgia gets in over OU the system is fucking broken. Georgia played 4 ranked teams and lost to two of them. 

Imagine what it will do to the sport already struggling outside the core of the big programs. 

Edited by Newy25
  • Like 1

Go back to the old system, before the bcs. All the bcs and now the "playoff" has done is legitimize politics in college football and a few cats get fat.

That be the case, I hope uga stays in, somehow the championship is ND and Clemson, the powers that be move the championship game to espn deportes and give the big 10 and sec a 4 hour cock suck in the primetime spot.

Just now, GreenspointTexas said:

Georgia aint getting in

jfc guys, this is what espn wants

they gotta have something to talk about/drive clicks, etc

and yall are doing exactly what they want

I remember people saying this last year right before they selected Alabama to the playoffs. 

ESPN wants the SEC to win the title. They are going to push this hard. 

Gary Danielson also said the same shit Herby is saying. Georgia should be in and even advocated moving them up to #3. Which is asinine. Georgia had their chance at Bama. Had a good size lead and could have added to it. But instead choked once again to Bama and the backup came in yet again and crushed them. Fuck Georgia. You lost and are out. Georgia is not making it ahead of OU or Ohio St. This is all talking points to promote their ridiculous 4 hour playoff show tomorrow.

Bama, Clemson, ND, OU. That is what it will be.