2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

LTtxfan

4 minutes ago, C-Man said:

He was pretty good at the beginning. Fisher fucked him no doubt, he probably needed better ancillary folks handling his finances. Just sayin'. (VY can do no wrong IMO.)

I was a little worried about his future financially when he showed up to announce he was going pro with an entourage. That never goes well.

58 minutes ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Does anyone know what Washington state losing will do to us? I ask the question because I feel like they could take one of the bowl games that would be an upgrade over the Alamo bowl. I know it’s a few weeks ago but debated with the family if it was good or bad for us that the pirate lost.

A four loss Texas isn’t going to make a NY6 bowl anyways unless there’s chaos.

Assuming Bama, Clemson, ND, LSU win out, Northwestern loses the Big Ten title game and UGA beats GT.

Playoff - Bama, Clemson, ND, Big Ten champ

Rose - PAC 12 Champ vs UM/tOSU loser

Sugar - Big 12 Champ vs UGA

Feista/Peach - WSU, LSU, G5 champ (probably UCF) and 1 spots left for...

either a 2 loss OU or a 3 loss UF/PSU (assuming both don’t lose tomorrow)

1 hour ago, RockyMountainHighHorn said:

Does anyone know what Washington state losing will do to us? I ask the question because I feel like they could take one of the bowl games that would be an upgrade over the Alamo bowl. I know it’s a few weeks ago but debated with the family if it was good or bad for us that the pirate lost.

Don't make a shit. We will be in New Orleans baby

55 minutes ago, TKthunder2 said:

A four loss Texas isn’t going to make a NY6 bowl anyways unless there’s chaos.

Assuming Bama, Clemson, ND, LSU win out, Northwestern loses the Big Ten title game and UGA beats GT.

Playoff - Bama, Clemson, ND, Big Ten champ

Rose - PAC 12 Champ vs UM/tOSU loser

Sugar - Big 12 Champ vs UGA

Feista/Peach - WSU, LSU, G5 champ (probably UCF) and 1 spots left for...

either a 2 loss OU or a 3 loss UF/PSU (assuming both don’t lose tomorrow)

We only lost 3 dude....

1 minute ago, Horn Dogg said:

We only lost 3 dude....

The only way Washington State’s loss affects us is if we lose and the poster I was replying to was asking about going to a better bowl than the Alamo Bowl which can only be possible if we get an at large bid to a NY6 bowl like the Fiesta or Peach.

If we win we go to New Orleans no matter what so Washington State means nothing to us.

8 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

WSU is not getting a NY6 bowl after their big loss to Washington.

Who will get the at large bids then...?

Oklahoma if they lose.  LSU if they win.  And then who if not Washington State?

Washington State is more of a Cinderella this year than UCF and has some nice offense that makes them an attractive TV product especially when you add in Leach and the mustache QB.  They’ll get a bid with just 2 losses.

On 11/20/2018 at 6:52 PM, Machinator said:

11/20 rankings

1    Alabama
2    Clemson
3    Notre Dame
4    Michigan
5    Georgia
6    Oklahoma
7    LSU
8    Washington State
9    UCF
10    Ohio State
11    Florida
12    Penn State
13    West Virginia
14    Texas
15    Kentucky
16    Washington
17    Utah
18    Mississippi State
19    Northwestern
20    Syracuse
21    Utah State
22    Texas A&M
23    Boise State
24    Pitt
25    Iowa State

So tOSU gonna move up from #10 to #5....... Crazyshit

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, SwanderedTalent said:

I'll never understand that. Even in the years where they compete near the top of the Big Ten, they tend to get their asses kicked frequently, outside of that conference. 

Lost to fucking Akron and I don't *think* they won a non-conference game.

Northwestern is #41 in FPI. Their wins are over:

#37 Purdue 31-27
#30 Mich State 29-19
#54 Nebraska 34-31 (OT) - they were absolutely dead in the water in this game
#101 Rutgers 18-15
#32 Wisconsin 31-17
#15 Iowa 14-10
#53 Minnesota 24-14
#98 Illinois 24-16

So a lot of close wins over mediocre to garbage teams, with a loss to #108 Akron at home tossed in. Every Big 12 team not named Kansas would have won that division.  Same with the ACC Coastal. 

Before last weekend, I figured that a loss against blOU would send us to the Alamo Bowl to face Washington. But with the Apple Cup upset, could it be Wazzu who ends up there instead? I figured Washington would have been a much better matchup for us on paper but I'm not familiar with the Pac-12 bowl tie-ins other than that the Alamo Bowl is the highest non-NY6 bowl for them, like it is for us.

20 hours ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

We will, but only because OU sucks more than the domers

One of my wives was a stripper. Fun times. Best sex of my life. There’s just something askew with their emotional wiring. Fuck their every orifice, but fall in love and lose your mind...and your money...and some other stuff too, probably. 

28 minutes ago, Ricky Butler said:

I'm starting to get way to excited about OU being ranked #5 tonight and thinking about their faces when we beat them on Saturday.

OU is screwed either way.  tOSU is going to fly right by them.  And tOSU is screwed if Georgia upsets Bama in the SEC championship game.  Bama already punched its ticket no matter what happens in that game.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

This was probably already addressed, but 538 projects Texas would have a 53% chance of making the playoffs if OSU loses to NW, Georgia loses to Bama, UCF loses to Memphis, Washington loses to Utah, and of course if we beat OU. Is that completely absurd?

Edited by Zombie

6 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

OU is screwed either way.  tOSU is going to fly right by them.  And tOSU is screwed if Georgia upsets Bama in the SEC championship game.  Bama already punched its ticket no matter what happens in that game.

If OU is ranked #5 and beats us, OSU isn't flying by them. I'll believe this Alabama team loses when I see it.

4 minutes ago, Zombie said:

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2018-college-football-predictions/?ex_cid=rrpromo

This was probably already addressed, but 538 projects Texas would have a 53% chance of making the playoffs if OSU loses to NW, Georgia loses to Bama, UCF loses to Memphis, Washington loses to Utah, and of course if we beat OU. Is that completely absurd?

No, THIS is completely absurd:

giphy.webp

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Hozz said:

Rankings tomorrow will be interesting.  I think they are going to move Ohio State up ahead of OU.

i think they will to, because then they can still say ou has a chance to jump them by beating a higher ranked team this week.

if ou is ahead of ohio state tonight, there will be absolutely no justifiable reason (outside of a kyler murray injury) to move ohio state ahead of them on sunday if both teams win.

18 minutes ago, BigOrange1 said:

i think they will to, because then they can still say ou has a chance to jump them by beating a higher ranked team this week.

if ou is ahead of ohio state tonight, there will be absolutely no justifiable reason (outside of a kyler murray injury) to move ohio state ahead of them on sunday if both teams win.

Unless OSU beats an over-matched opponent 55-0 then they'll jump two or three spots

I could see OU being 5 this week and falling behind tOSU with a win if tOSU is very dominant and OU has another 56-51 video game score. 

I do think it's absurd that tOSU supporters want to include them over OU when the defensive YPP is almost even (OU allows 5.8 ypp, tOSU 5.6), but OU's offense is universes ahead of tOSU's (OU averages 8.8 ypp, tOSU 6.6).

3 hours ago, Zombie said:

Texas vs Alabama, in the 1st round of the CFP; in a rematch.!!

Here are a few more potential outcomes, per our old pal Andy:

Edited by kopp0e

5 minutes ago, kopp0e said:

Here are a few more potential outcomes, per our old pal Andy:

This is a more relevant take than the virtually impossible scenario that gives Texas above 50% chance (also keep in mind 538 is kind of full of shit):

Alabama and Clemson win; Oklahoma and Ohio State lose.

Chances of happening: 4 percent
Likely playoff field: Alabama (>99 percent), Clemson (>99), Notre Dame (98) and … ???
Others: Texas (31 percent), Georgia (29), UCF (23), Washington (12), Ohio State (5)

Most of the scenarios on this list involve too many good teams for too few slots. But in this particular case, there wouldn’t be enough. The committee would be staring at three clear-cut deserving squads, plus a whole bunch of flawed lower-tier teams in the mix for the fourth and final bid. Our model actually thinks three-loss (!) Texas would be the most likely candidate, though this is also one of UCF’s best, most viable paths to that elusive playoff berth.

3 hours ago, Zombie said:

I don't think in any of my scenarios that I considered Memphis beating UCF. But in the scenario there, Alabama would have to absolutely skullfuck Georgia for us to jump them. But man... if everything in your post happens and Bama wins 52-10, then... shit yeah, I think we go.

Let's revisit after the rankings come out. That will tell us more.

3 hours ago, TXSooner518 said:

I could see OU being 5 this week and falling behind tOSU with a win if tOSU is very dominant and OU has another 56-51 video game score. 

I do think it's absurd that tOSU supporters want to include them over OU when the defensive YPP is almost even (OU allows 5.8 ypp, tOSU 5.6), but OU's offense is universes ahead of tOSU's (OU averages 8.8 ypp, tOSU 6.6).

The committee will be looking to see which team Bama would prefer to play, and I don't think Bama wants to see Oklahoma. So the Bucks will be 5.