18    Mississippi State
19    Northwestern
20    Syracuse
21    Utah State
22    Texas A&M
23    Boise State
24    Pitt
25    Iowa State

Why is it a given that toSu will be in the playoff if they beat Michigan? They are currently 10th with 3 1 loss teams and an unbeaten team between them and the 4th spot. Edited after looking at Georgia's schedule.

Edited by Sabalo

10 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

How is Pitt in the top 25? Somebody please explain that to me. Is Ray Charles on the committee?

Pitt has played pretty well down the stretch. I think they are just as deserving as the other shitkickers ranked around them. 

Also interesting to see 7th ranked LSU as a road dog this week against aggy. And Gata is only a 5.5 point favorite over the Noles. Everyone in the ACC has taken a turn kicking the shit out of FSU, watch them knock off the mighty 11th ranked Gata! 

4 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

Why is it a given that toSu will be in the playoff if they beat Michigan? They are currently 10th with 3 1 loss teams and an unbeaten team between them and the 4th spot. As much as I would hate to see 2 SEC teams in the cfp, Georgia deserves the fourth spot more than toSu.

Fuck that. Georgia/Bama is, and should be, an elimination game. 

7 minutes ago, and said:

Why are the Gators ranked above the horns? CSU, Vandy, Tennessee, Idaho and whatever the fuck CHSO is the only reason they have more than 3 wins.

Charleston Southern bro.  They are tough.  It does piss me off that they schedule 3 guaranteed wins every year and get away with it.  Sub Maryland for CHSO and we are 9-2 and in the playoff conversation.  

And the fact that UF was ranked above Texas, when both had the same record and Florida got their ass kicked at home by fucking Mizzou, while we lost a one point heartbreaker to WVU, is all I need to know to confirm that this sham is as fake as WWE.  

3 minutes ago, jinx said:

Charleston Southern bro.  They are tough.  It does piss me off that they schedule 3 guaranteed wins every year and get away with it.  Sub Maryland for CHSO and we are 9-2 and in the playoff conversation.  

And the fact that UF was ranked above Texas, when both had the same record and Florida got their ass kicked at home by fucking Mizzou, while we lost a one point heartbreaker to WVU, is all I need to know to confirm that this sham is as fake as WWE.  

3? I see 5 guaranteed wins in the schedule I just laid out. 

• Fuck You 1

1 minute ago, and said:

3? I see 5 guaranteed wins in the schedule I just laid out. 

True.  I am just giving benefit of the doubt for P5 programs.  We lost to Maryland which isn't too far off from Vandy or Tennessee.  But we would have beaten the other three by 30 points minimum.  

56 minutes ago, Sabalo said:

Why is it a given that toSu will be in the playoff if they beat Michigan? They are currently 10th with 3 1 loss teams and an unbeaten team between them and the 4th spot. Edited after looking at Georgia's schedule.

Because UGA will lose to Bama. Wassu likey loses to UW. oU likely loses to WVU. LSU with 2 losses and UCF, well UCF.  That is the what we call a back door entry  my friend and it’s likely to happen, better get ready. If all that occurs AND OSU loses do Northwestern, than UCF May get in. 

Edited by jdhorn92

The fact that y’all are going through such gyrations to explain/defend/castigate the rankings proves the faults of the system.

Until we get an actual playoff that doesn’t allow politics to choose the teams, and allows all P5 conference champions in and others a shot we don’t have a real championship.

• Like 2

Penn St and UF above us and WVU is a fucking joke. This mouse selection committee bullshit needs to die. B12 across the board is more competitive than any conference in the country. 8 teams and give 5 auto to the 5 conference champs and at large the other 3.

None of that really means much and won't affect Texas in any way.  Win the Big XII game and you go to the Sugar Bowl anyway.  Lose and Alamo or something like it. 

None of that shit matters much after say #6, and after next week, #5.  And i got no problem with any of those top 6 teams this week; we'll see next week.  The only one that pisses my pants is LSU.  That's a fucking joke of a shitbag of a dickwad rank.

6 minutes ago, ztejas said:

Penn St and UF above us and WVU is a fucking joke. This mouse selection committee bullshit needs to die. B12 across the board is more competitive than any conference in the country. 8 teams and give 5 auto to the 5 conference champs and at large the other 3.

8 teams with conference champions in automatically is the only right way.  Otherwise it is as fictional as it has always been, and is in the same category as gymnastics, ice dancing and other meaningless sports.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, dcar00 said:

the only downside to the 8 team 5 P5 champs is the gyrations these cocksuckers will go through to have all 3 at large be SEC.  would probably have to have one G5 as a requirement just to keep that from happening.

You cant be serious. If anything - putting 4 SEC teams against the other 4 conference champs would expose the fuck out of the SEC for only having 2 relevant teams any given year.

I'm all for it. Would love to see SEC #4 get blasted by the B12 or B10 champ.

3 minutes ago, jinx said:

8 teams with conference champions in automatically is the only right way.  Otherwise it is as fictional as it has always been, and is in the same category as gymnastics, ice dancing and other meaningless sports.  

its been the right answer since the SWC and Big 8 merged but Bowls and Univ Presidents wouldn't get out of the fucking way.

4 minutes ago, ztejas said:

You cant be serious. If anything - putting 4 SEC teams against the other 4 conference champs would expose the fuck out of the SEC for only having 2 relevant teams any given year.

I'm all for it. Would love to see SEC #4 get blasted by the B12 or B10 champ.

they'd have at least 2 of them play each other if not all 4.  the goal is to guarantee 2 to the final 4.

25 minutes ago, Doc Sam Beckett said:

Pitt has played pretty well down the stretch. I think they are just as deserving as the other shitkickers ranked around them. 

Also interesting to see 7th ranked LSU as a road dog this week against aggy. And Gata is only a 5.5 point favorite over the Noles. Everyone in the ACC has taken a turn kicking the shit out of FSU, watch them knock off the mighty 11th ranked Gata! 

Pitt losses

51-6 at home to Penn State (App St. took them to OT and is 8-2)

38-35 to North Carolina who is 2-8

45-14 to UCF

19-14 to ND

This stuff is getting ridiculous

6 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, aggy made it back in. Oklahoma State would run them out of the stadium.

Oklahoma State has beaten #13, #14, and #23. They were a below average kicker away from also beating #6.

aggy has beaten #15 in OT.

Of course they did.  They play LSU this week, and that needs to be a top 25 match up.  

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Texas25 said:

Pitt losses

51-6 at home to Penn State (App St. took them to OT and is 8-2)

38-35 to North Carolina who is 2-8

45-14 to UCF

19-14 to ND

This stuff is getting ridiculous

Yeah, Pitt is 5-1 in their last 6, with the one loss being a 5 point loss to the #3 team. Sure they had a pretty bad start to the year, but they are ranked 24th, not top 15.

2 hours ago, HtownHorn said:

Holy shit, aggy made it back in. Oklahoma State would run them out of the stadium.

Oklahoma State has beaten #13, #14, and #23. They were a below average kicker away from also beating #6.

aggy has beaten #15 in OT.

and #15 is one of the most overrated teams in the history of the sport.

3 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Top Undefeated: SEC

Top 2 loss: SEC

Top 3 loss: SEC

Top 4 loss: SEC

2nd 1 loss: SEC

The Citadel scored more pts against Bama than LSU (top 2 loss) and Miss St (top 4 loss) combined. I’m not saying but I’m just sayin

Layup Weekend works like a charm — again!

First and foremost fuck this voting/poll BS.   8 team playoff, Conf champs or gtfo (at large to get to eight)

Gata and Horns aren't getting into the playoffs so really the only contention here is getting in the top 12 to get a new-year's day bowl and get paid.

I would LOVE to see Texas Vs Florida, and I don't know who would win but I think it would be a great game.

Comparing UF to Texas position by position would be exhausting and contentious.  In a lot of ways, I think the teams are very similar and unfortunately both programs have had similar recent histories, eye bleach anyone?

so why would the Gata be ranked higher? Not that it really matters but my guess is it's the losses

Losses

Gata lost to 

Kentucky 8-3  at home

UGA 10-1  neutral site

Missouri 7-4 at home

Combined 25-8

Best win

LSU 9-2 at home

Horns lost to

Maryland 5-6 neutral site

OSU 6-5 at OSU

WVU 8-2 at home

Combined 19-13

Best win

OU  10-1 neutral site

Edited by Loco

12 hours ago, A’Dam Psycho said:

Florida being ranked higher than us is bad enough but Penn State has absolutely no business being higher ranked than us. Texas and Florida have a quality win, Penn State has absolutely none. They’ve scraped by bad teams just like us and lost to every half way decent team they’ve played.

Yep. The committee is full of shit.

Good thing we have the TOUGHEST ROAD TO THE COLLEGE FOOTBALL PLAYOFF amirite?