2018 College Football Playoff Rankings

LTtxfan

As long Ohio State doesn't get in, I think I can live with anyone else as I think they are the weakest of the teams being considered for the 4th slot.  It would however be a travesty in some ways if Oklahoma doesn't get in this thing.

Just now, gmr548 said:

Eight team playoff with first round games in two weeks at campus sites:

#1 Alabama vs #8 Washington - Tuscaloosa

#2 Clemson vs #7 UCF - Clemson

#3 ND vs #6 Georgia - South Bend

#4 Oklahoma vs #5 Ohio State - Norman

What a terrible idea, amirite?

giphy.gif

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I don’t normally get worked up at all about the talking head’s agendas but I find Herbie’s argument that Georgia should move up to not just four but THREE to be laughable and laughably transparent. Of course, if they’re three as opposed to four, they don’t have to turn right back around and play Bama...again.

7 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

I don't really get the whole "they lost today you can't put them in" thing. 

Then you’re dumb.  The purpose of the playoff is to crown a national champion which is hard to do when a bunch of teams don’t play each other.

Georgia already had its shot at Alabama and lost.  Alabama is representing the SEC against the other undefeated teams and the committee has one spot left to give.

How does giving that spot to a 2 loss team (something it’s never done) that literally just lost to someone that’s in the playoff make the national champion valid.  If your in the playoff you want Oklahoma or Ohio State to get that last spot because then you can say you beat the Big12 or BigTen champ or lost to them...not some random 2 loss non champ.

• Like 1

Just now, hookem48 said:

Why  would you show something from week 7? It's supposed to be the 4 best teams right now. 

Well they just lost again so there is that...

Is LSU better than Alabama since they played Georgia better?  Winning is winning and losing is losing. GA wanted in they shouldn't have lost.

Just now, hookem48 said:

Bama is considered by far the best team this year and Georgia went toe to toe with them and lost because of a brain dead Kirby Smart. Who else is going to play Bama that close? 

It is true that uga losing by 7 was the only team to not lose by 20+ points lol

I will say, as much as the BCS had it's flaws, it was much more enjoyable waking up and seeing that a computer ranked you 3rd than having to listen to Gene Wojciechowski and Tim Tebow try and tell me that Miss Oklahoma is prettier than Miss Georgia and vice versa.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Bama is considered by far the best team this year and Georgia went toe to toe with them and lost because of a brain dead Kirby Smart. Who else is going to play Bama that close? 

It’s hard to measure that. Both Alabama and Georgia had awful ooc schedules. Alabama’s toughest ooc opponent was Louisville, and Georgia’s was  GT. 

8 minutes ago, 4th&Five said:

Who else is going to play Bama that close? I don’t know but let’s give teams that haven’t lost to them already a chance. 

UGa had Bama right where they wanted them(again) and then proceeded to do everything in their power to lose that game. They don't deserve another chance regardless. UGa is just one of those teams that will always find a way to fall on their swords at the last possible minute.

Isn't it interesting that the only folks propping up Georgia are ESPN and secsecsec fans.

Not one member of the Fox broadcast crew thought UGA should be in. But some were honest enough to say that perhaps ND should fall below OU and tOSU.

edit: this was not a response to the post above me. I was talking about the on air blowhards

Edited by BluTechsan

25 minutes ago, hookem48 said:

Bama played like ass my dude.  Texas or OU gives that team we saw today a game.  Quit sucking their dick.  It’s unbecoming.  

• Like 1

Fucking Georgia isn't getting in.  At the end of the day, this is a TV ratings exhibition and that's why they're always trying to shove Ohio State in. They're not putting 4 southern teams in (Bama, UGA., and Clemson).  It was down between OU and Ohio State and they're not letting  Ohio State in because Urban Meyer is an embarrassment to morality.  

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Conference championship games should be an extension of the playoffs. You lose you’re done 

I'd be perfectly fine with just taking 4 out of the 5 P5 champs every year. **** the Catholics the same way they've been ****ing altar boys for the last 1000 years. Let them join a conf if they want a chance at the big trophy.

• Like 1