Go Navy!

Domedriver

Three reasons for Longhorns to root for Navy.

1)  the fucking Irish have been our bitter enemies for decades.  I have hated those entitled fuck faces ever since we faced them in the 1970 Cotton Bowl, and how they ruined DKR’s run the rematch.  Bitter were the loses with James Brown and others, so much so that when The Desiel Swoopes dove over the goal line it was like the liquid sunshine of the great happy one!  I fucking hate Noter Dame.

2) if we are going to go to the promise land somebody needs to beat those entitled fucks or they are going to steal a playoff slot without a Conference Championship which should be required if we are going to only have 4 slots.  Fuck them. I will root for all their opponents.  I would even root for OUSuxs if they were playing them.

3) Go Navy!  The Midshipman are committed to defending our great nation with the exact opposite of the entitled Fucking Irish.  It is sacrifice vs entitlement.

So Fuck the Irish, go Navy!

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 8:46 PM, Domedriver said:

1)  the fucking Irish have been our bitter enemies for decades.  I have hated those entitled fuck faces ever since we faced them in the 1970 Cotton Bowl, and how they ruined DKR’s run the rematch.  Bitter were the loses with James Brown and others, so much so that when The Desiel Swoopes dove over the goal line it was like the liquid sunshine of the great happy one!  I fucking hate Noter Dame.

2) if we are going to go to the promise land somebody needs to beat those entitled fucks or they are going to steal a playoff slot without a Conference Championship which should be required if we are going to only have 4 slots.  Fuck them. I will root for all their opponents.  I would even root for OUSuxs if they were playing them.

3) Go Navy!  The Midshipman are committed to defending our great nation with the exact opposite of the entitled Fucking Irish.  It is sacrifice vs entitlement.

yes-the-hate.jpg

• Like 1

Go United States Navy

This series features the #1 School for Naval Officers vs 1 of the other leading Schools

July 1943: The War Department elects to maximize Notre Dame's facilities by building a major branch of the Naval V-12 Program there. Instead of being taught by naval officers (as the officer candidates were), the V-12 students took college courses directly from the Notre Dame faculty. These students were housed in Dillon, Alumni, Walsh, Cavanaugh, and Zahm Halls. Their presence ballooned the University's student population from a paltry 750 to the 3,500-4,000 range and above.

https://www.onefootdown.com/2013/10/31/5047760/notre-dame-navy-football-why-we-still-play-series-history-part-1

• Like 1

On 10/22/2018 at 6:46 PM, Domedriver said:

4) ND Irish football players raped a girl causing her to commit suicide. This happened less than 10 years ago.

Edited by ajax
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

Special NAVY UNI's for 2021 Navy/Air Force Game..

Navy unveils new alternate uniforms inspired by the Marines

DOUG SAMUELS. AUG 16, 2021

The Navy and Air Force uniforms for their game against each other have become some of the most anticipated uniform releases in all of college football, largely due to the thought they each put into it, and the historical significance as well. 

This morning, Navy revealed their alternates, and they pay homage to the Marine Corp.  The Midshipmen will wear these when they face off against Air Force on September 11th, 2021 which will also mark the 20th anniversary of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.  

While the Marines and Navy are viewed as separate branches of the military, technically the Marine Corp is a part of the Navy dating back to an 1834 decision by Congress to put the Marines under the Naval arm.

The buzz on new Navy uniforms really took off back in 2015, when Navy revealed that they would be wearing hand painted helmets for their season finale against Army where different position groups each had a different ship represented, and they were awesome.

Take a look at these blues, inspired by Marine Corp's "dress blues."

marine-navy-uni.webp 

marine-navy-uni-1.webp 

navy-marine-uni-1.webp 

navy-marine-uni.webp 

navy-marine-uni-2.webp 

From Navy's release:

"Inspired by the iconic 'Dress Blue A' uniform, the 2021 USMC uniform shares symbolic elements from both enlisted and officer regalia. It draws parallels with white gloves, black cleats, red trim, and royal blue pants. The actual ensemble worn by a Marine is the only uniform within the U.S. Military designated to include this red, white, and blue color scheme."

"Key representative features are highlighted on the helmet, shoulder, and pant. The Eagle, Globe and Anchor is represented on all three. The distinctive Marine Corps battle cry of “OORAH” is featured on the front of the helmet. The Marine Corps motto, Semper Fidelis, commonly abbreviated as Semper Fi, is on the back of the helmet as well as the nameplate. The quatrefoil that dons the top of the Marine officer barracks cover is displayed on top of the helmet."

https://footballscoop.com/news/navy-unveils-new-alternate-uniforms-inspired-by-the-marines#gid=ci028ad39d10002560&pid=navy-marine-uni-1

• Hook 'Em 5

8 hours ago, ousux said:

So small upstart Underarmor can do alternates for 2021 while worldwide megacorp Nike can't even manage to make our non alternate uni the correct shade of orange until next year due to "covid". Duly noted..

It's my understanding that UA outsources team uniform manufacturing to Alleson Athletic much like Nike still uses Majestic for MLB baseball. Nike and UA are marketing and design companies first and foremost. They don't always own the production facilities.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1