Caravan

gsoda3

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

America has a white racism problem and has for 400 years.

Even you know that.

The whole fucking world has a racism problem that's been going on for almost forever.  Americans are tame in their racism compared to other cultures, but you're just not that educated.  This whole lumping of all white people in the same basket with regard to racism, or anything for that matter, is what makes you lack any credibility on any topic ever. You're so blinded by the boogeyman of racism you can't see anything objectively.

• Like 4

Just now, Onboard 2.0 said:

The whole fucking world has a racism problem that's been going on for almost forever.  Americans are tame in their racism compared to other cultures, but you're just not that educated.  This whole lumping of all white people in the same basket with regard to racism, or anything for that matter, is what makes you lack any credibility on any topic ever. You're so blinded by the boogeyman of racism you can't see anything objectively.

Both sides.

Article in the paper today about how these illegals are getting flown on fucking chartered jets back to the Central American hellholes they are from. They should be sent back on a prison bus and get dumped in Juarez or Tijuana and given $50 to get back home. Unbelievable how much hard earned taxpayer money gets wasted on these people. I have nothing against the companies being hired for these chartered flights. I wish I had a business or owned property by the border that I could make money off of doing my patriotic duty to combat the hordes of illegals by transporting them back or housing them in a detention facility. I should start looking for property by the border. 

HOUSTON (AP) — Shackled at their ankles and wrists and their shoelaces removed, a long line of men and women waited on the tarmac as a team of officers patted them down and checked inside their mouths for anything hidden.

Then one by one, they climbed a mobile staircase and onto a charter plane the size of a commercial aircraft.

This was a deportation flight run by ICE Air. The chains would be removed and the shoelaces returned when the plane landed in El Salvador.

An obscure division of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement operates hundreds of flights each year to remove immigrants. Deportation flights are big business: The U.S. government has spent approximately $1 billion on them in the last decade, and the Trump administration is seeking to raise ICE's budget for charter flights by 30 percent.

ICE Air Operations transports detained immigrants between American cities and, for those with final removal orders, back to their home countries. About 100,000 people a year are deported on such flights.

While Mexican immigrants are generally flown to southern U.S. cities and then driven to the border so they can cross over, Central Americans have to be transported by air. And the large numbers of Mexicans who used to cross the border have largely been replaced by migrants from three impoverished Central American countries: El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

According to flight-tracking data, deportation flights to Guatemala and Honduras have sharply increased this year. And ICE's budget request for charter flights increased 30 percent last year compared to the year before.

The agency estimated last year that it spends about $7,785 per hour on the flights.

ICE shifted to chartering private planes about a decade ago after previously using a government service with the U.S. Marshals. The agency says moving to private flights saves about $25 million a year and gave it more flexibility. Charter flights also avoid putting large numbers of deported immigrants on commercial planes, which requires buying tickets for deportation officers accompanying them, or holding them in the U.S. for longer than necessary and tying up space in detention centers.

"I don't want to elongate anybody's detention with us," said Pat Contreras, director of enforcement and removal for ICE's Houston field office. "If a judge says you need to be removed, we should be expeditiously working to execute that order so that person does not spend any longer in detention than necessary."

But migrant advocacy groups say ICE Air is an example of how tougher immigration enforcement — from detention to tracking to removal — enriches private companies.

"The way you would save money on ICE Air is by deporting fewer people, not by privatizing the industry," said Bob Libal, director of Grassroots Leadership, which opposes immigration detention.

"ICE is a largely privatized agency," Libal said. "In many ways, it's been captured by the industries that profit from deportation and detention."

The Associated Press observed a deportation flight being loaded last month at a private terminal of Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.

The Boeing 737 had no markings suggesting it was a deportation flight. Instead, it had the insignia of Swift Air, a private company that also flies charters for political campaigns and professional sports teams, including the NHL's Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks. In this case, Swift Air had been hired by Classic Air Charters, a Huntington, New York-based company that won ICE's deportation flights contract last year.

Classic Air has been paid $51 million this year by ICE, according to federal spending records. The previous contractor, CSI Aviation of New Mexico, was paid $906 million by ICE's removals division since 2010, when ICE privatized its flights.

When the plane landed in Houston, about 30 Salvadoran immigrants were already on board, flown in from Alexandria, Louisiana, an ICE Air hub. They peered out the windows as the plane sat on the tarmac.

Two buses arrived, carrying 45 men and five women. Their few belongings were in red mesh bags that workers sorted on the tarmac.

Officers checked each detainee before letting them board, a process that took about 20 minutes.

According to the agency, 29 of the 50 people who boarded the plane in Houston had been arrested on criminal charges, including four who were wanted in El Salvador for attempted murder or homicide, the agency said.

The remaining 21 were considered non-criminal, meaning they were being deported for immigration violations. Twenty of the 50 had been deported before.

ICE would not let AP reporters view the inside of the plane, but officials said the flights are orderly and quiet. A meal is served, and a doctor is on board. But all detainees — even those considered non-criminal — remain shackled until the plane lands.

"We try and be as humane as we can with everything that we do," Contreras said. "We try to make them safe. We want to make sure that not one individual does anything wrong."

2 hours ago, Kyle said:

Pardon me for being able to discern the difference between attacking a person and dismissing an argument. Just because I may not agree with a particular person on a particular issue does not mean I feel the need to call that poster names. There are a lot of people I respect and admire on both sides of the aisle with whom I disagree on particular issues. We seem to not celebrate that ability too much these days. It is much easier to label and dismiss than to thoughtfully engage. 

Yes, "my virginia hurts" is definitely not labeling and dismissing.

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Article in the paper today about how these illegals are getting flown on fucking chartered jets back to the Central American hellholes they are from. They should be sent back on a prison bus and get dumped in Juarez or Tijuana and given $50 to get back home. Unbelievable how much hard earned taxpayer money gets wasted on these people. I have nothing against the companies being hired for these chartered flights. I wish I had a business or owned property by the border that I could make money off of doing my patriotic duty to combat the hordes of illegals by transporting them back or housing them in a detention facility. I should start looking for property by the border. 

Reveal hidden contents

HOUSTON (AP) — Shackled at their ankles and wrists and their shoelaces removed, a long line of men and women waited on the tarmac as a team of officers patted them down and checked inside their mouths for anything hidden.

Then one by one, they climbed a mobile staircase and onto a charter plane the size of a commercial aircraft.

This was a deportation flight run by ICE Air. The chains would be removed and the shoelaces returned when the plane landed in El Salvador.

An obscure division of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement operates hundreds of flights each year to remove immigrants. Deportation flights are big business: The U.S. government has spent approximately $1 billion on them in the last decade, and the Trump administration is seeking to raise ICE's budget for charter flights by 30 percent.

ICE Air Operations transports detained immigrants between American cities and, for those with final removal orders, back to their home countries. About 100,000 people a year are deported on such flights.

While Mexican immigrants are generally flown to southern U.S. cities and then driven to the border so they can cross over, Central Americans have to be transported by air. And the large numbers of Mexicans who used to cross the border have largely been replaced by migrants from three impoverished Central American countries: El Salvador, Guatemala and Honduras.

According to flight-tracking data, deportation flights to Guatemala and Honduras have sharply increased this year. And ICE's budget request for charter flights increased 30 percent last year compared to the year before.

The agency estimated last year that it spends about $7,785 per hour on the flights.

ICE shifted to chartering private planes about a decade ago after previously using a government service with the U.S. Marshals. The agency says moving to private flights saves about $25 million a year and gave it more flexibility. Charter flights also avoid putting large numbers of deported immigrants on commercial planes, which requires buying tickets for deportation officers accompanying them, or holding them in the U.S. for longer than necessary and tying up space in detention centers.

"I don't want to elongate anybody's detention with us," said Pat Contreras, director of enforcement and removal for ICE's Houston field office. "If a judge says you need to be removed, we should be expeditiously working to execute that order so that person does not spend any longer in detention than necessary."

But migrant advocacy groups say ICE Air is an example of how tougher immigration enforcement — from detention to tracking to removal — enriches private companies.

"The way you would save money on ICE Air is by deporting fewer people, not by privatizing the industry," said Bob Libal, director of Grassroots Leadership, which opposes immigration detention.

"ICE is a largely privatized agency," Libal said. "In many ways, it's been captured by the industries that profit from deportation and detention."

The Associated Press observed a deportation flight being loaded last month at a private terminal of Bush Intercontinental Airport in Houston.

The Boeing 737 had no markings suggesting it was a deportation flight. Instead, it had the insignia of Swift Air, a private company that also flies charters for political campaigns and professional sports teams, including the NHL's Boston Bruins and Chicago Blackhawks. In this case, Swift Air had been hired by Classic Air Charters, a Huntington, New York-based company that won ICE's deportation flights contract last year.

Classic Air has been paid $51 million this year by ICE, according to federal spending records. The previous contractor, CSI Aviation of New Mexico, was paid $906 million by ICE's removals division since 2010, when ICE privatized its flights.

When the plane landed in Houston, about 30 Salvadoran immigrants were already on board, flown in from Alexandria, Louisiana, an ICE Air hub. They peered out the windows as the plane sat on the tarmac.

Two buses arrived, carrying 45 men and five women. Their few belongings were in red mesh bags that workers sorted on the tarmac.

Officers checked each detainee before letting them board, a process that took about 20 minutes.

According to the agency, 29 of the 50 people who boarded the plane in Houston had been arrested on criminal charges, including four who were wanted in El Salvador for attempted murder or homicide, the agency said.

The remaining 21 were considered non-criminal, meaning they were being deported for immigration violations. Twenty of the 50 had been deported before.

ICE would not let AP reporters view the inside of the plane, but officials said the flights are orderly and quiet. A meal is served, and a doctor is on board. But all detainees — even those considered non-criminal — remain shackled until the plane lands.

"We try and be as humane as we can with everything that we do," Contreras said. "We try to make them safe. We want to make sure that not one individual does anything wrong."

They aren't Mexicans. Why would they be deported to Mexico?

1 minute ago, David Dennison said:

They aren't Mexicans. Why would they be deported to Mexico?

Just get them the fuck out of the US to the nearest border. Arrangements would probably have to be made with Canada or Mexico. It still would be cheaper than private jets. Borrow some prison buses and run them all the time.

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Just get them the fuck out of the US to the nearest border. Arrangements would probably have to be made with Canada or Mexico. It still would be cheaper than private jets. Borrow some prison buses and run them all the time.

It would probably be more expensive to come to an arrangement with Mexico or Canada, which is why we charter jets.

2 hours ago, David Dennison said:

Who would that be?

Unfortunately, I do not have an enemies list, but broadly speaking, unleashing a barrage of personal attacks on someone for simply expressing a diverse point of view is a decent proxy. Similarly, the common ad homs just serve as a means to label and dismiss as opposed to engage. It is much easier to label someone a racist or a communist or anti-something as a means to dehumanize, so one does not feel like their ideas warrant consideration. For example, I was opposed to the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq, and I certainly did not appreciate being labeled "unpatriotic" although I'm certainly well below average in that department. Just because oppose war does not mean I do not like America just like opposing illegal immigration does not make me a racist. Oh well, I think I've chased that rabbit well off the path.

FWIW - I was quite enjoying our conversation until a couple of turds interjected with insults at me, which I do not always respond with my best self.

30 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, "my virginia hurts" is definitely not labeling and dismissing.

Fair enough. I am not immune to responding in-kind and certainly do not always show my best self. But I try. Believe me, I am not trying to change anyone's mind, heaven knows it's virtually impossible. I actually like reading different people's perspectives, which is why I'm surprised so many respond instinctively with such vitriol to any and all diversity.

Wow. Just. Wow.

Seek help.

It saddens me to see so much hate.

Obama was such a bad ass president. lol.

Even as the body count piled up, US military and police aid to Honduras in the form of cash, arms, and training actually increased following the coup. Frank reports that from 2010–12, the United States increased military and police aid to Honduras by nearly 50 percent, and raised funding under the Central American Regional Security Initiative (CARSI) by 33 percent, plus an additional $45 million for expanding the jointly operated Soto Cano Air Force Base and establishing three additional US bases.

Honduras’s homicide rate soon approached the highest in the world, but the Obama administration obstinately defended the regime. The United States sought to adeptly reframe the police corruption scandal, the murder rate statistics, and alarm over human rights abuses by US-funded security forces, all within the rubric of the drug war: police killings were subsumed under a generic ‘security crisis,’ and the ‘security crisis’ was in turn the result of drug trafficking. Therefore, the United States needed to continue, even increase, security assistance to Honduras, rather than suspend it.

It’s a familiar refrain. In the 1980s, the Reagan administration argued that without sustained US support to the anticommunist Central American dictatorships methodically massacring their own people, the human rights situation would only worsen. Today, the war on drugs has replaced the war on communists, but the displacement, exploitation, and repression continues apace.

The US media had largely ignored the crisis in Honduras, quick to parrot the State Department’s reassurances that democracy — or at least stability — had been restored. Nevertheless, following a series of high-profile police assassinations, as well as the horrific February 14, 2012 prison fire in which 359 incarcerated people were incinerated as a result of police negligence and malice, voices of prominent Honduran leaders calling for an end to US security aid began to penetrate the US Congress, channeled by a growing grassroots solidarity community.

https://jacobinmag.com/2018/12/honduras-coup-lobo-human-rights-us-obama-trump

This is from a review of Dana Frank's recent book on Honduras.  Need to find some time to read it.  

• Like 1
  • Fuck You 1

34 minutes ago, DDD Dad said:

Seek help.

It saddens me to see so much hate.

He's the child of an immigrant family, so I'd imagine his frame of mind is pretty similar to a self-hating conservative gay. Take it out on people who you would otherwise identify with as a way to cope with your own demons

34 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

He's a consistent neg-repper as well.

The amount of self-loathing involved....man, I don't want to ever see all the way inside that head of his.

I’m the fucking neg-repper? Are you kidding me. The posters on the right get negged for posting our views. I negged you because you got personal 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Captainant said:

He's the child of an immigrant family, so I'd imagine his frame of mind is pretty similar to a self-hating conservative gay. Take it out on people who you would otherwise identify with as a way to cope with your own demons

I have nothing in common with the members of the caravan. Children of legal immigrants who are contributing more than cheap, unskilled minimum wage labor? Yes I identify with them

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

3 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I have nothing in common with the members of the caravan. Children of legal immigrants who are contributing more than cheap, unskilled minimum wage labor? Yes I identify with them

First they came for the brown and I said nothing because I am slightly less brown...

You don’t even realize that Miller would deport you in a nanosecond if he thought he could get away with it.

Edited by VRHorn

3 minutes ago, VRHorn said:

First they came for the brown and I said nothing because I am slightly less brown...

You don’t even realize that Miller would deport you in a nanosecond if he thought he could get away with it.

I’m white dumbass. Take a look at the race classifications and see that the definition of white encompasses the Middle East as well. Caucasians are named after the Caucusus Mountains which are to the fucking east of Iran!!! Never been brown never will be. Also, lots of Latinos are white too.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

I’m white dumbass. Take a look at the race classifications and see that the definition of white encompasses the Middle East as well. Caucasians are named after the Caucusus Mountains which are to the fucking east of Iran!!! Never been brown never will be. Also, lots of Latinos are white too.

Oh....you think these folks think that Iranians are part of their club. You’re adorable.

lol redneck trumpkins totes use a science based ethnicity chart to decide who is white.

Bitch, all they see is brown skin.

Throw in some Persian facial features and “one of those AY-RAB” last names and you might as well be Osama Bin Laden to the very group of people you’re so desperate to belong to.

Why did a sikh man get murdered after 9/11 by a man who stated he wanted “to go out and shoot some towel-heads”?

Because brown skin, looked like “ONE OF DEM FURRINERS”.

Mothefucker didn’t check a chart.

The fact that families uproot their kids and walk hundreds of miles to get to our country is a pretty good sign that they're fighters and that they have the desire to love the USA and be a part of it. Seems like a good thing.

Just like everything else, we don't find ways to make it work. We just kick the can down the road and traumatize immigrant children and their parents.

2 hours ago, VRHorn said:

Maybe this Miller guy isn't so bad. 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Caucasians are named after the Caucusus Mountains which are to the fucking east of Iran!!!

1) It's spelled Caucasus Mountains.

2) They're located to the northwest of Iran.

3) Your geography sucks.

Edit: Why do so many of my quotes include a weird number?

Edited by bolverk
  • Like 2

5 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Ahh. It all makes sense now. You are like one of those girls in Malaysia who wears spf 50 and carries an umbrella everywhere so she can look as white as a korean girl. 

So I take it you are cool with the white Latinos?

And you are backing the wrong horse. American neo-nazis are never going to consider a Persian white. 

The fact that families uproot their kids and walk hundreds of miles to get to our country is a pretty good sign that they're fighters and that they have the desire to love the USA and be a part of it. Seems like a good thing.
Just like everything else, we don't find ways to make it work. We just kick the can down the road and traumatize immigrant children and their parents.

And incentivize human smuggling.

18 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Whiter people than you define who is white and who is not white in America, and they sure as hell don't consider Persians white.

6 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

Whiter people than you define who is white and who is not white in America, and they sure as hell don't consider Persians white.

This is true. Iconoclast knows perfectly well that most of the white people with whom he aligns himself politically consider him to be one or all of the following:

a) camel jockey;

b) towel head; or

c) sand n-word

On 12/17/2018 at 2:35 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

As I figured, I’m a hypocrite in your eyes not because of any contradictory statements or actions that I have made but rather because I violate YOUR ETHICS of how YOU THINK I SHOULD FEEL OR ACT with respect to the caravan all the while ignoring MY EXPERIENCES AND FEELINGS as a 2nd generation.  I have an aunt who left Iran after husband got in trouble with the Iranian government but did so LEGALLY and immigrated to Canada instead of the US because they were able to get a visa and permanent status easier there. Everyone I know with Iranian heritage here immigrated legally. Why the fuck should I be sympathetic to these people proudly and defiantly breaking our laws? If the members of the caravan are too stupid, uneducated and/or poor to navigate the means of legal immigration then that is even more reason to discourage hordes of poor, uneducated people who don’t speak English from coming to this country! 

Immigration to you is an abstract concept while I have lived it through my family. Your position as you have stated numerous times is to let ALL of them in. From my experience, that is a ridiculous stance since my family and friends didot legally. Finally, my own family didn’t flee shit. My parents came here 5 years before the Revolution. I have said that numerous times yet you never pick up on it because it doesn’t fit into your imagined narrative about me.

Wait, so what sort of "trouble" with the Iranian government? That's a detail that you just conveniently glossed over, and I can't help but think it's to overcome the perception of abject double standard on your part. And notice, you said that this case was 5 years before the Revolution. Again, what sort of trouble was she in with the Shah's government, which again was imposed on the Iranians against their will by the US? And regardless of whatever answer you fancy, you need to understand that was 44 fucking years ago, a point to which I'll return to regarding how difficult immigration is today. And if it was really some bullshit that was cooked up by the Shah's government, you can thank good ole Ike for that one because the Shah wouldn't have even been a hair on a bullfrog's ass if it weren't for him and the CIA. Again, I'll return to that in a bit.

And was this aunt a person of relative means? Because these people from Central America are not. They come from places that we've ravaged over the last 200+ years (with a very much heightened emphasis on the last 64). In fact, the ICJ has a 32-year old verdict against the US that demanded we pay restitution to just one of the countries for the damage we caused, and we responded to that verdict by intensifying the very criminal act of which we were already convicted (unlawful use of force, which is an antiseptic euphemism for international terrorism). That's like being convicted of murdering one person, not reporting for sentencing, and then going on to murder TWO people just to show the court how big and fuckin' bad you think you fuckin' are.

We are the fucking Willie Horton of the international scene, and you have the temerity to deride these caravan people for "breaking our laws?" You're out of you're fuckin' mind. There is seriously no way you can possibly believe a single word of what you've typed here thus far. There is no way that you're this unaware that you've been absolutely wrong about absolutely everything you've said here thus far.

Legal immigration to the US is both cost prohibitive and time intensive. It ain't cheap, and it ain't easy. My mother-in-law came to this country in 1986, did everything she was asked to do, and she's only been a citizen since 2012 despite the fact that she has a completely clean criminal history and was working two jobs for the majority of that time, even when she had two small children to raise (my wife was born in '87 and her brother in '88). But seriously, 26 fucking years to obtain citizenship. Yes, that's citizenship, which takes the longest, but obtaining visas is insanely difficult, too. It's not like me getting one to go to Mexico. All I need to go to Mexico is a passport card and a visitor's permit, all of which costs $200 and take about 3 weeks to obtain. That's not how it works with the inverse. You knew that.

But even if I disregard the cost prohibitive and time-intensive aspects of the shit, that still brings us back to a moral point, which far exceeds your moral and ethical standards, so it's probably too lofty of a concept for you to understand: these people come from places in living conditions we imposed on them. We imposed the plight of Nicaragua on Nicaraguans, imposed the plight of El Salvador on Salvadorans, the plight of Guatemala on Guatemalans, etc. These people are not born with an innate desire to live in the US, and to pretend otherwise is just to straight out lie through one's teeth. Hondurans, for example, would like to live in Honduras for their whole lives. But they can't, and the biggest of reasons is (in that case) we assisted their military in deposing a perfectly, legitimately, democratically elected President who had mild reformist positions that sought to turn around a country that was still suffering the effects of what we imposed on them in the 1980's (we practically turned their country into a military base), and we deposed him on highly dubious grounds. They have a 2-term president today who has done nothing but absolutely wreck the economy for average Hondurans (2 out of every 3 Hondurans is below the poverty line and they have a 7% unemployment rate), and that's what leads them to take drastic measures like fucking walking from Tegucigalpa to as far as Tijuana...which is almost 3,000 miles. Again, 93 out of 100 working-age Hondurans do have a job, and yet even 61 of them are beneath the line of poverty. This had led not indirectly or unnaturally to the fact that Honduras has one of the highest murder rates in the world. That place isn't as unlivable as Gaza, for example, but it's close enough to where no one is shocked when they leave in droves. To be shocked by that is like a proctologist coming home from work and saying "OMG I did nothing but look at buttholes all day!"

People like you cannot accept these realities because you cannot accept the fact that your country has played the most significant impact on their plight. I've very often read from statist apologists (aka bullshit artists) that "well if we left them alone, they'd be either as screwed up or even more so," which is a completely fraudulent and baseless conjecture, so bother me not with that inferior drivel even if that's what your petty little instincts are moving you to do. If you are unwilling to hold up the mirror, you've no right to baselessly judge these people as if you could identify with what they're enduring.

Bottom line, if you really are that bothered by those people coming over here, your first recourse isn't to prosecute or to punish them; it's to tell your own government to stop fucking with them, stop meddling in their affairs, and stop thinking that it somehow benefits those countries when we turn them into US military bases. If you don't want them to have a reason to come here, don't give them a reason to come here. If you're not willing to take that first step, you've no business talking about this because you don't live in reality and you can only live in Make Believe and Pretend because you'll never understand that until we stop fucking with them, and until we make amends for the shit that we've done to them, we have an absolute duty to every single person to which we have imposed hardship(s). You would say the same if the US was habitually molested by some other foreign power, and you know that full well. Conversely, I would be making something similar to your argument if these people were fleeing to countries that had absolutely nothing to do with their plight. I do not, for example, think Mexicans should migrate en masse (legally or not) to Australia. Why? Australia had nothing to do with their plight. We, however, did. You're as unaware of those realities as you are to the fact that you've been getting your ass kicked here. You do not want to think, know and accept; you want to react, make believe, and pretend, and THAT is why you fail.

• Like 5

18 minutes ago, wildcat09 said:

I have n=1 ... worked for a Persian for six years. He was the whitest guy I've ever met in my life.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

30 minutes ago, David Dennison said:

This is true. Iconoclast knows perfectly well that most of the white people with whom he aligns himself politically consider him to be one or all of the following:

a) camel jockey;

b) towel head; or

c) sand n-word

As usual you post the most inanely, stupid ass, broad brush stroke shit on this board, and there's not even a close second. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, hpslugga said:

Wait, so what sort of "trouble" with the Iranian government? That's a detail that you just conveniently glossed over, and I can't help but think it's to overcome the perception of abject double standard on your part. And notice, you said that this case was 5 years before the Revolution. Again, what sort of trouble was she in with the Shah's government, which again was imposed on the Iranians against their will by the US? And regardless of whatever answer you fancy, you need to understand that was 44 fucking years ago, a point to which I'll return to regarding how difficult immigration is today. And if it was really some bullshit that was cooked up by the Shah's government, you can thank good ole Ike for that one because the Shah wouldn't have even been a hair on a bullfrog's ass if it weren't for him and the CIA. Again, I'll return to that in a bit.

And was this aunt a person of relative means? Because these people from Central America are not. They come from places that we've ravaged over the last 200+ years (with a very much heightened emphasis on the last 64). In fact, the ICJ has a 32-year old verdict against the US that demanded we pay restitution to just one of the countries for the damage we caused, and we responded to that verdict by intensifying the very criminal act of which we were already convicted (unlawful use of force, which is an antiseptic euphemism for international terrorism). That's like being convicted of murdering one person, not reporting for sentencing, and then going on to murder TWO people just to show the court how big and fuckin' bad you think you fuckin' are.

We are the fucking Willie Horton of the international scene, and you have the temerity to deride these caravan people for "breaking our laws?" You're out of you're fuckin' mind. There is seriously no way you can possibly believe a single word of what you've typed here thus far. There is no way that you're this unaware that you've been absolutely wrong about absolutely everything you've said here thus far.

Legal immigration to the US is both cost prohibitive and time intensive. It ain't cheap, and it ain't easy. My mother-in-law came to this country in 1986, did everything she was asked to do, and she's only been a citizen since 2012 despite the fact that she has a completely clean criminal history and was working two jobs for the majority of that time, even when she had two small children to raise (my wife was born in '87 and her brother in '88). But seriously, 26 fucking years to obtain citizenship. Yes, that's citizenship, which takes the longest, but obtaining visas is insanely difficult, too. It's not like me getting one to go to Mexico. All I need to go to Mexico is a passport card and a visitor's permit, all of which costs $200 and take about 3 weeks to obtain. That's not how it works with the inverse. You knew that.

But even if I disregard the cost prohibitive and time-intensive aspects of the shit, that still brings us back to a moral point, which far exceeds your moral and ethical standards, so it's probably too lofty of a concept for you to understand: these people come from places in living conditions we imposed on them. We imposed the plight of Nicaragua on Nicaraguans, imposed the plight of El Salvador on Salvadorans, the plight of Guatemala on Guatemalans, etc. These people are not born with an innate desire to live in the US, and to pretend otherwise is just to straight out lie through one's teeth. Hondurans, for example, would like to live in Honduras for their whole lives. But they can't, and the biggest of reasons is (in that case) we assisted their military in deposing a perfectly, legitimately, democratically elected President who had mild reformist positions that sought to turn around a country that was still suffering the effects of what we imposed on them in the 1980's (we practically turned their country into a military base), and we deposed him on highly dubious grounds. They have a 2-term president today who has done nothing but absolutely wreck the economy for average Hondurans (2 out of every 3 Hondurans is below the poverty line and they have a 7% unemployment rate), and that's what leads them to take drastic measures like fucking walking from Tegucigalpa to as far as Tijuana...which is almost 3,000 miles. Again, 93 out of 100 working-age Hondurans do have a job, and yet even 61 of them are beneath the line of poverty. This had led not indirectly or unnaturally to the fact that Honduras has one of the highest murder rates in the world. That place isn't as unlivable as Gaza, for example, but it's close enough to where no one is shocked when they leave in droves. To be shocked by that is like a proctologist coming home from work and saying "OMG I did nothing but look at buttholes all day!"

People like you cannot accept these realities because you cannot accept the fact that your country has played the most significant impact on their plight. I've very often read from statist apologists (aka bullshit artists) that "well if we left them alone, they'd be either as screwed up or even more so," which is a completely fraudulent and baseless conjecture, so bother me not with that inferior drivel even if that's what your petty little instincts are moving you to do. If you are unwilling to hold up the mirror, you've no right to baselessly judge these people as if you could identify with what they're enduring.

Bottom line, if you really are that bothered by those people coming over here, your first recourse isn't to prosecute or to punish them; it's to tell your own government to stop fucking with them, stop meddling in their affairs, and stop thinking that it somehow benefits those countries when we turn them into US military bases. If you don't want them to have a reason to come here, don't give them a reason to come here. If you're not willing to take that first step, you've no business talking about this because you don't live in reality and you can only live in Make Believe and Pretend because you'll never understand that until we stop fucking with them, and until we make amends for the shit that we've done to them, we have an absolute duty to every single person to which we have imposed hardship(s). You would say the same if the US was habitually molested by some other foreign power, and you know that full well. Conversely, I would be making something similar to your argument if these people were fleeing to countries that had absolutely nothing to do with their plight. I do not, for example, think Mexicans should migrate en masse (legally or not) to Australia. Why? Australia had nothing to do with their plight. We, however, did. You're as unaware of those realities as you are to the fact that you've been getting your ass kicked here. You do not want to think, know and accept; you want to react, make believe, and pretend, and THAT is why you fail.

So.....THAT'S what the written version of this gif looks like....

the-avengers-angry-hulk-smash-loki.gif

• Like 4

3-2-1 till Chrispy, Icono, and Kyle are on here saying:

It's her mother's fault--she should have stayed in Mexico.  The article's from Buzzfeed--FAKE NEWS!!!!  They're dirty animals who deserve painful deaths.

And fail to address that our government using our taxes subjected a 5 month old to conditions that led to her hospitalization for pneumonia.

24 minutes ago, lemonlime said:

3-2-1 till Chrispy, Icono, and Kyle are on here saying:

It's her mother's fault--she should have stayed in Mexico.  The article's from Buzzfeed--FAKE NEWS!!!!  They're dirty animals who deserve painful deaths.

And fail to address that our government using our taxes subjected a 5 month old to conditions that led to her hospitalization for pneumonia.

Just for the record, I have not weighed in at all about the poor girl. That's another tilted windmill.

Wow, we are abusing these people. Tear gas, concrete jail cells, demonizing propaganda, fantasies of gunning them down, sick and dying children called dirty and diseased. ...

Republican super Christians are evil cruel scumbags . My goodness you people are american embarrassments. 

You have defiled THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS COUNTRY!!!

71Jgp95f-rL._SY879_.jpg

• Fuck You 1

1 hour ago, ADHD said:

Wow, we are abusing these people. Tear gas, concrete jail cells, demonizing propaganda, fantasies of gunning them down, sick and dying children called dirty and diseased. ...

Republican super Christians are evil cruel scumbags . My goodness you people are american embarrassments. 

You have defiled THE WHOLE POINT OF THIS COUNTRY!!!

71Jgp95f-rL._SY879_.jpg

So you favor no borders and unlimited immigration? Genuinely just trying to separate the emotion from the policy position. Would you do away with H-1Bs, etc. and just open up everything to all? Reasonable position, just trying to clarify.