Caravan

gsoda3

2 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

So, you’re not spreading half-truths?  Because the link you provided said the info was half true. 

Lol.  Yeah, I'd ignore what I wrote in the original rebuttal to your claim too if I were you.

It'll keep you in that warm, fuzzy place.

What's hilarious is that you actually know that a good measure of the same exact shit was happening under Bush and Obama, but decide to act like a dysfunctional immigration policy is a novel occurrence. 

I do, and I did then. And I’ve been a critic of our utterly broken immigration system since W’s ideas on the matter were shut down.

That said...purposeful cruelty was never a central play that US leadership paraded around with like a trophy. It’s fucking CELEBRATED by the current admin. That’s sick fucking shit.

Edit: and Anastasis, fuck you in both sides of your ass. You know damned well that what is happening now is next level evil shit. You really don’t have to fucking break your own back in mental gymnastics to try to equivocate every goddamned thing. Sometimes, doing that just makes you a fucking asshole.

• Like 4

Oh, and this...

"So yeah, Republicans are not called "Nazi Racist Fascists" because they have an "R" next to their name.  They're called that because so many seem okay with kidnapping children from their parents, letting them be mistreated, abused, and even die.  They're called that because they go on TV and talk about how these people are dirty, diseased, rapists, and criminals who bring their problems to this country.  It's about their words and actions, not their political affiliation.  But feel free to keep thinking videos of Obama and Schumer saying we need to do something about illegal immigration is the same thing."

Please spare me.

"

On a December morning, Border Patrol agents confronted a 15-year-old high school student named Jahveel Ocampo at a rest stop in California while she and her friends were on their way to the mountains to see the winter’s first snow. Jahveel was a young child when she came to the United States from Mexico with her parents, and she grew up undocumented in southern California. She was a mother to a 2-year-old child, who was a U.S. citizen.

An agent in a blue jacket asked whether Jahveel was an “illegal.” He handcuffed her and drove her to a Border Patrol station in the border town of Campo. There, he slapped her twice on the buttocks and ordered her into a cell. He and another male agent told her to sign an “order of voluntary departure,” a deportation order. She refused.

Then the threats began. One agent said, in Spanish, according to the complaint she filed later, “Right now, we close the door, we rape you and f*** you. If you cooperate with us, we can deport you to Mexico. Otherwise, we will take you to jail and deport your entire family.” They told her that her child would end up in foster care.

Terrified and alone, Jahveel signed.

If you assumed this abuse happened during the Trump administration, think again. Jahveel was threatened in 2009 by President Obama’s Border Patrol, and her treatment was not an isolated incident. Her case is part of a pattern of physical, sexual, and emotional abuse by Customs and Border Protection officials against child immigrants that existed long before President Trump emboldened the agency by unleashing its officers to enforce his draconian immigration policies."

https://www.aclu.org/blog/immigrants-rights/ice-and-border-patrol-abuses/border-patrol-was-monstrous-under-obama-imagine

Has shit been handled poorly, shit yeah.  Was the team before this one real worried about it?  Shit no.

Edited by Cajun
  • Fuck You 1

Just now, Brisketexan said:

I do, and I did then. And I’ve been a critic of our utterly broken immigration system since W’s ideas on the matter were shut down.
That said...purposeful cruelty was never a central play that US leadership paraded around with like a trophy. It’s fucking CELEBRATED by the current admin. That’s sick fucking shit.

W, for all his fucking faults, had the right angle on immigration. Did Rove fuck that up?  Can I blame the neocons.  Cause I'd like to blame the neocons. 

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

I blame “both sides” equivocators who pretend to speak from a position of morality. Seems fair.

Or maybe the people who sat by spinning their thumbs under setting of virtually identical policy until the political rhetoric just was too much for them to bare. 

Or maybe the people who sat by spinning their thumbs under setting of virtually identical policy until the political rhetoric just was too much for them to bare. 

Look somewhere else for that shit. I’ve been working the immigration issue for nearly 20 years. Precisely because this is where it was heading, as anyone paying attention could tell.
But I’m sure you have an even better view from your both sides high horse. You do a great job of both sides-ing, but that’s all you fucking are.

13 minutes ago, TheRealRonWeaver? said:

So, forget the attempts to distract, you’re sticking to the half-truths. The only “claim” I made was to quote the link you posted: “Half True.”

It's good, when you really don't have a winning position, to ignore context.

Keep fuckin' that chicken brother.

Edit: Hint- " Because the link you provided said the info was half true. "    That's not what it says.  I'm really trying to help you out here, but you need to do your own work.

Edited by Cajun

6 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Look somewhere else for that shit. I’ve been working the immigration issue for nearly 20 years. Precisely because this is where it was heading, as anyone paying attention could tell.
But I’m sure you have an even better view from your both sides high horse. You do a great job of both sides-ing, but that’s all you fucking are.

Well, I've actually laid out my preferred policy positions wrt immigration. None of which will be implemented by either side in a meaningful way to effect a balanced immigration policy. But such is life on the high horse. Pretty easy to mount the saddle when it is basically on the ground. 

10 hours ago, Tom said:

I can't help but laugh every time one you conservatives come along posting these old quotes from Democrats saying "illegal immigration is bad" like it's some kind of gotcha moment.  You only think you're making a point because you believe the conservative media's bullshit narrative that Democrats are for open borders.  They're not and they never have been.

Of course Democrats and liberals are against illegal immigration and want immigration reform.  That doesn't mean they think people who come here legally asking for asylum or even the ones that do break the law should be treated as subhuman and abused as a deterrent.  Democrats and liberals (and many classic, non-Trumpkin conservatives) also don't think a $50+ billion symbolic wall is the answer to the broken immigration system when it's been pointed out a million times how most people don't illegally immigrate into this country by sneaking across the border.  Especially considering that we're already nearly back to recession level deficits (thanks to the party of fiscal responsibility) and we can't afford it, we would have to steal land from private property owners to build it, and it's been said it would be detrimental to the local environment.

So yeah, Republicans are not called "Nazi Racist Fascists" because they have an "R" next to their name.  They're called that because so many seem okay with kidnapping children from their parents, letting them be mistreated, abused, and even die.  They're called that because they go on TV and talk about how these people are dirty, diseased, rapists, and criminals who bring their problems to this country.  It's about their words and actions, not their political affiliation.  But feel free to keep thinking videos of Obama and Schumer saying we need to do something about illegal immigration is the same thing.

Good post

Yes democrats are all for immigration control when their focus group masters tell them to play to the wider base, but change their tune if elected.  

Not that republicans don't do the same shit, but to try and talk off the words they've spouted in support of halting illegal immigration is typical BS from the local idiots (post them as just transcripts and it's the same language republicans use).  Furthermore, the only solution offered by democrats is amnesty, that's pretty much always their suggestion.  Not increased border patrols, tougher laws. 

Just now, Loch Ness Monster said:

Best solution is going after business owners that hire illegal immigrants. We all know rich people won't go for that though.

Business owners should be fined heavily for hiring illegal immigrants.  Never seen much traction for that from either party.  

14 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Bite me sport. I don't lie. I may be mistaken on what all democrats do, but amnesty has been the only thing offered at the national level, based on what I've seen being proposed by them.

There was a whole smorgasbord of initiatives outlined in the last attempt at comprehensive immigration reform. Now, you can reasonably say you disagree with various pieces of the legislation, but you cannot honestly repeat the lie that "the only solution offered by democrats is amnesty."

I am intentionally calling it a lie because you have repeatedly made that claim, and it has been refuted multiple times by links such as the one I am providing in this post, as well as from the personal opinions offered over and over by Democrats on this board. It's not a case of being "mistaken" if you've already been corrected.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Security%2C_Economic_Opportunity%2C_and_Immigration_Modernization_Act_of_2013?wprov=sfla1

Saying it again and again will not make it true.

• Like 1

Just now, bolverk said:

There was a whole smorgasbord of initiatives outlined in the last attempt at comprehensive immigration reform. Now, you can reasonably say you disagree with various pieces of the legislation, but you cannot honestly repeat the lie that "the only solution offered by democrats is amnesty."

I am intentionally calling it a lie because you have repeatedly made that claim, and it has been refuted multiple times by links such as the one I am providing in this post, as well as from the personal opinions offered over and over by Democrats on this board. It's not a case of being "mistaken" if you've already been corrected.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Border_Security%2C_Economic_Opportunity%2C_and_Immigration_Modernization_Act_of_2013?wprov=sfla1

Saying it again and again will not make it true.

I have ?  well then you should be able to show me all those times. Don't think I've made that comment before, but you go ahead and call me a liar again. That works well for you.

15 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Right you’re better than me. You would rather see tjhooker’s daughter bleed out to death with him watching helplessly in horror as it happened.  Can’t compete with such an upstanding Christian man.

You're right.  Everyone knows that in order to be a Christian, one simply needs to limit one's wishes for pain and suffering to be inflicted on poor brown people.  My bad.

1 hour ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

I donated $10 to the church offering plate on Christmas Eve towards some outfit in the valley feeding refugees. I have done my part to help these people 

Are there no prisons?"
"Plenty of prisons..."
"And the Union workhouses." demanded Scrooge. "Are they still in operation?"
"Both very busy, sir..."
"Those who are badly off must go there."
"Many can't go there; and many would rather die."
"If they would rather die," said Scrooge, "they had better do it, and decrease the surplus population."

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Right you’re better than me. You would rather see tjhooker’s daughter bleed out to death with him watching helplessly in horror as it happened.  Can’t compete with such an upstanding Christian man.

You’ve apparently thought this scenario out quite a bit huh. KInds of scary actually.

Hey can I borrow $10? I promise to give it some immigrant kid to buy a hamburger. Let me know and I’ll email you my paypal account.

Xmas gifts from my racist FIL just showed up. My daughter got a card with a $100 check. She just donated the whole thing to Annunciation House in El Paso to help with emergency housing for the 500 people being dropped at the bus station today.
Kind of enjoyed that irony, seems fitting.
Wife and I just did the same with the check he sent us.

• Like 7

23 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Xmas gifts from my racist FIL just showed up. My daughter got a card with a $100 check. She just donated the whole thing to Annunciation House in El Paso to help with emergency housing for the 500 people being dropped at the bus station today.
Kind of enjoyed that irony, seems fitting.
Wife and I just did the same with the check he sent us.

If you're planning on telling him this, might I suggest that you do so in the form of a family photo card with y'all dressed in sombreros and ponchos with a caption that says "Gracias por el dinero que enviamos para ayudar a los inmigrantes." Trust me, those types love those.

Edited by hpslugga
  • Like 5
  • Haha 1

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-shutdown-has-paralyzed-immigration-courts-oh-the-irony/2019/01/01/4e9c8682-0d46-11e9-8938-5898adc28fa2_story.html?utm_term=.e3eda7b0941e

"IN THE name of securing the border and keeping out illegal immigrants, President Trump has opted for a partial government shutdown. Irony of ironies, that shutdown has paralyzed the nation’s immigration courts, shuttering many of them and allowing several hundred undocumented immigrants to dodge deportation orders each day the shutdown continues. They are among many hundreds of others whose cases will be postponed for years — or, in effect, indefinitely — for every day the closure lasts."

so by closing the government, trump is enabling people to remain in the country even longer. Not to mention that customs doesn't have any staff and they're basically just waving people through the border checkpoints at airports right now. Zero bag inspections and barely taking any time to do anything but stamp and say next

https://www.washingtonpost.com/opinions/trumps-shutdown-has-paralyzed-immigration-courts-oh-the-irony/2019/01/01/4e9c8682-0d46-11e9-8938-5898adc28fa2_story.html?utm_term=.e3eda7b0941e
"IN THE name of securing the border and keeping out illegal immigrants, President Trump has opted for a partial government shutdown. Irony of ironies, that shutdown has paralyzed the nation’s immigration courts, shuttering many of them and allowing several hundred undocumented immigrants to dodge deportation orders each day the shutdown continues. They are among many hundreds of others whose cases will be postponed for years — or, in effect, indefinitely — for every day the closure lasts."
so by closing the government, trump is enabling people to remain in the country even longer. Not to mention that customs doesn't have any staff and they're basically just waving people through the border checkpoints at airports right now. Zero bag inspections and barely taking any time to do anything but stamp and say next

Crippling our immigration apparatus to own the libs!

On 12/26/2018 at 3:00 PM, Iconoclast Texan said:

I donated $10 to the church offering plate on Christmas Eve towards some outfit in the valley feeding refugees. I have done my part to help these people 

It’s impossible to parody the religious right.

Edited by wildcat09