Caravan

gsoda3

1 hour ago, Steamboat1874 said:

Another one ?

I wonder what ever happened to that other caravan...?

Oh that's right an election.

Yeah, all the accusations that Soros is funding them sure reeks of "actually, big money Republicans are funding this to ratchet the immigration debate up to 11" and that's why it only pops up when a distraction is needed.

37 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

What has DNC has offered as their plan to control illegal immigration ?   

The Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 (S.744) was a proposed immigration reform bill introduced by Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) in the United States Senate [1] and co-sponsored by the other seven members of the "Gang of Eight", a bipartisan group of U.S. Senators who wrote and negotiated the bill. It was introduced into the Senate of the 113th United States Congress on April 16, 2013.

I mean, unless Schumer was a secret Republican back then or something.

Edited by Brisketexan

1 hour ago, 'stache said:

I honestly don't care if its true or not. The problem is that, if true, half this fucking country is scared for no reason. Worse, if it's true, like last time they are fleeing terrible violence and we should be welcoming refugees not demonizing them and using them as political pawns. And worst of all, the hate is coming from people who claim they know Jesus. They know only Republican Jesus, which is a figment of hateful imaginations.

Illegal immigrants are straining the resources of the public schools, food stamp programs, public hospitals, etc. The anchor baby phenomenon is real. Massive demographic changes have occurred without the people of this country having a true say about it. It’s not fear when you look at what illegal immigration has done to neighborhoods, schools and and the drain on the public coffers. I’m hoping that Trump goes nuclear and declares an emergency to end the shutdown and fund the wall . Do it.

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Illegal immigrants are straining the resources of the public schools, food stamp programs, public hospitals, etc. The anchor baby phenomenon is real. Massive demographic changes have occurred without the people of this country having a true say about it. It’s not fear when you look at what illegal immigration has done to neighborhoods, schools and and the drain on the public coffers. I’m hoping that Trump goes nuclear and declares an emergency to end the shutdown and fund the wall . Do it.

Well that's all complete horseshit, but people like you want to believe, so believe. It's easy to ignore the contribution of immigrants to US GDP and to the tax coffers. But your side doesn't care, and you have won. More than 63,000,000 of you voted for him and will vote for him again. You control the Executive, half the legislature, and most of the judiciary. We are defeated. Congrats to you, and cheers to your future caucasian paradise.

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

What has DNC has offered as their plan to control illegal immigration ?   

Absolutely nothing. They are selling out the citizens of this country with the hopes that the children of the hordes of illegals will vote for them. That’s their endgame. The article I cited above advocating for open borders would be the end of America and would delight the mullahs in Iran. Manjoo is not alone. Hayden Horn advocates the same open border plan and he calls me a hypocrite for loving my country and not wanting to see it overrun.

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Love and kisses,

Stormfront.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Absolutely nothing. They are selling out the citizens of this country with the hopes that the children of the hordes of illegals will vote for them. That’s their endgame. The article I cited above advocating for open borders would be the end of America and would delight the mullahs in Iran. Manjoo is not alone. Hayden Horn advocates the same open border plan and he calls me a hypocrite for loving my country and not wanting to see it overrun.

"Absolutely nothing"

The Border Security, Economic Opportunity, and Immigration Modernization Act of 2013 (S.744) was a proposed immigration reform bill introduced by Sen. Charles Schumer (D-NY) in the United States Senate [1] and co-sponsored by the other seven members of the "Gang of Eight", a bipartisan group of U.S. Senators who wrote and negotiated the bill. It was introduced into the Senate of the 113th United States Congress on April 16, 2013.

8 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Well that's all complete horseshit, but people like you want to believe, so believe. It's easy to ignore the contribution of immigrants to US GDP and to the tax coffers. But your side doesn't care, and you have won. More than 63,000,000 of you voted for him and will vote for him again. You control the Executive, half the legislature, and most of the judiciary. We are defeated. Congrats to you, and cheers to your future caucasian paradise.

Whatever benefit they provide in sales taxes, low wages for business, cheaper lawnmowing and maid services, etc. doesn’t in anyway make up for the strain illegals put on the things I cited. How about other things that aren’t quantifiable with hard numbers. How about stuff like social cohesion, increased Balkanization, lack of loyalty to this country (if you’re flying the flag of Honduras while trying to storm our border) and flouting the law. I can’t believe so many people are duped by the supposed benefits of illegal immigration while overlooking the tremendous cost of teaching kids who don’t speak English and the effect that has on citizens not wanting to send their kids to HISD schools with 70% English as second language students. The negatives so outweigh any supposed positives. If it was up to me alone I’d want a 10 year moratorium on ALL immigration to assimilate and deal with the hordes already  here.

Edited by Iconoclast Texan

Maybe we could look at people who want to come here as assets instead of hordes of criminals?

But Cheeto said that they've killed 63,000 Americans since 9/11, so they must be horrible people. Call ADT, Myrtle. I won't be able to sleep tonight without more security!

6 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Whatever benefit they provide in sales taxes, low wages for business, cheaper lawnmowing and maid services, etc. doesn’t in anyway make up for the strain illegals put on the things I cited. How about other things that aren’t quantifiable with hard numbers. How about stuff like social cohesion, increased Balkanization, lack of loyalty to this country (if you’re flying the flag of Honduras while trying to storm our border) and flouting the law. I can’t believe so many people are duped by the supposed benefits of illegal immigration while overlooking the tremendous cost of teaching kids who don’t speak English and the effect that has on citizens not wanting to send their kids to HISD schools with 70% English as second language students. The negatives so outweigh any supposed positives. If it was up to me alone I’d want a 10 year moratorium on ALL immigration to assimilate and deal with the hordes already  here.

Things a white nationalist might say for $100. Sorry to offend Steve King.

7 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

And based on the data point of reading posts on the internet, I'd want to deport everyone of Iranian descent, citizen or not.

I guess we're in a standoff, then.

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, M12BH said:

Love and kisses,

Stormfront.

Neither the German people nor the Swedes voted to allow over a million Muslim migrants into Germany and over a 150,000 in Sweden. The globalist elite in both countries did. They allowed hordes of people with values that are antithetical to ours, that are poorly educated, and have no problem lying and cheating the system or committing crimes. At least in our case we aren’t dealing with the lying, cheating and criminal Muslim element who have created no-go zones, but rather hard working people who are mostly Christian.

Just now, Iconoclast Texan said:

Neither the German people nor the Swedes voted to allow over a million Muslim migrants intp Germany and over a 150,000 in Sweden. The globalist elite in both countries did. They allowed hordes of people with values that are antithetical to ours, that are poorly educated, and have no problem lying and cheating the system or committing crimes. At least in our case we aren’t dealing with the lying, cheating and criminal Muslim element who have created no-go zones, but rather hard working people who are mostly Christian.

Globalist elite! Ooh ooh!  I know that one!  Hahaha, shit.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And based on the data point of reading posts on the internet, I'd want to deport everyone of Iranian descent, citizen or not.

I guess we're in a standoff, then.

My family and I didn’t burden the social services of this country. Both my father and I pay income taxes at the highest marginal rates and we all speak English. Nice try brisket 

15 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Things a white nationalist might say for $100. Sorry to offend Steve King.

This is the Democrat tactic of shutting up any real discussion of the impact of illegal immigration on this country. They try to silence my man Tucker Carlson with the same bullshit. Keep going down this path and not having a real discussion and solutions and watch as the right becomes further radicalized. I was a Pat Buchanan supporter for President back in 1996. His viewpoints were scoffed at and he was demonized instead of his idea being allowed to be debated within the Party. Instead we had sell-out,  war criminal Bush family and their supporters who only wanted cheap labor. We could have had real immigration reform if Pat wasn’t demonized. Look what followed with Trump. What will come next will be even worse 

9 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah, we're pretty much at the point where his posts are actual copy-pastes from Stormfront.

I have no idea what that website is and have never visited it. I assume you are trying to smear me as a  neo-Nazi going by the name of the website.

1 minute ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

This is the Democrat tactic of shutting up any real discussion of the impact of illegal immigration on this country. They try to silence my man Tucker Carlso with the same bullshit. Keep going down this path and not having a real discussion and solutions and watch as the right becomes further radicalized. I was a Pat Buchanan supporter for President back in 1996. His viewpoints were scoffed and he was demonized instead of being allowed to be debated within the Party. Instead we had sell-out,  war criminal Bush family and their supporters who only wanted cheap labor. We could have had real immigration reform if Pat wasn’t demonized. Look what followed with Trump. What will come next will be even worse 

Yes.  Implying that we ought to accept your brand of naked racism, or else we'll get even WORSE racism in the future.....that seems persuasive. You should definitely keep going with that angle.

I have no idea what that website is and have never visited it. I assume it is a neo-Nazi smear from the name 

You really oughta check it out.  You'll find it full of folks saying literally the EXACT things you're saying.  Seriously, almost word-for-word.  Y'all will get along great.

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

Yes.  Implying that we ought to accept your brand of naked racism, or else we'll get even WORSE racism in the future.....that seems persuasive. You should definitely keep going with that angle.

So discussion of the impact of demographic change, burden on social services and a cost/benefit analysis of illegal immigration is off the table and unacceptable in your view. In order to implement immigration reform, shouldn’t the factors I state above be taken into account?

the impact of 1) demographic change, 2) burden on social services and 3) a cost/benefit analysis of illegal immigration

2 and 3?  No problem.  Immigration, on an economic level, is just a flow of working/labor units.  It's trade at work.  We should regularly analyze how our trading system is impacting our economy.  Now, a cost-only analysis (which is all that the anti-immigrant crowd does) is a logical fallacy.  But if we did an ACTUAL cost-benefit analysis, we'd also see where the cost points enter the equation, and how they can be limited/mitigated (see, e.g., requiring a paid work permit as a proposal to offset costs).  But that doesn't happen.  Because that's not what it's about.

It's just about 1).  Which is fucking racism.  You don't get to show up at the party with a triple layer cake with a huge layer of racism in the middle and then bitch that nobody wants to eat your shitty fucking cake.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

I mean, unless Schumer was a secret Republican back then or something.

literally posted 13 posts upthread

edit: now 3 times on one page.  proof positive that providing facts doesn't change minds.

Edited by elfenix

9 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

So discussion of the impact of demographic change, burden on social services and a cost/benefit analysis of illegal immigration is off the table and unacceptable in your view. In order to implement immigration reform, shouldn’t the factors I state above be taken into account?

That discussion has been had ad nauseum. You  and your ilk just like spouting negative statistics, because that's real news. You conveniently ignore positive statistics, because "fake news." It's a pointless conversation with the white nationalist side of the argument, because it's not a debate just an echo chamber of hate. One story of a drunk driving immigrant and a white citizen victim and that's all you care to discuss.

Edited by 'stache

26 minutes ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

This is the Democrat tactic of shutting up any real discussion of the impact of illegal immigration on this country. They try to silence my man Tucker Carlson with the same bullshit. Keep going down this path and not having a real discussion and solutions and watch as the right becomes further radicalized. I was a Pat Buchanan supporter for President back in 1996. His viewpoints were scoffed at and he was demonized instead of his idea being allowed to be debated within the Party. Instead we had sell-out,  war criminal Bush family and their supporters who only wanted cheap labor. We could have had real immigration reform if Pat wasn’t demonized. Look what followed with Trump. What will come next will be even worse 

My dear, pointing out the extraordinary similarities between the things you say and the things said by virulent white supremacists is hardly "shutting up any real discussion".  But if it makes you feel better to play the victim by claiming so, well, then, who am I to argue. Anyway, from what I've seen of Stomrfront, you're a natural and you'd fit right in.  Except for one little thing.  But I'm sure those guys won't mind it.  At all.  

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I too am interested to hear a legitimate concern of "demographic change." That's kind of been our thing here in the New World. 

In the past, there was the expectation and belief that immigrants would become Americans because of the melting pot phenomenon. The concept of creating Americans through the melting pot is viewed with disdain by the left in particular. This has led to Balkinazation with immigrant communities like the Somalis in Minnesota not integrating and adopting Western values to become Americans. The actual impact of the 1964 Immigration Act was far different than what was expected.

3 minutes ago, M12BH said:

My dear, pointing out the extraordinary similarities between the things you say and the things said by virulent white supremacists is hardly "shutting up any real discussion".  But if it makes you feel better to play the victim by claiming so, well, then, who am I to argue. Anyway, from what I've seen of Stomrfront, you're a natural and you'd fit right in.  Except for one little thing.  But I'm sure those guys won't mind it.  At all.  

I also love Jews too and am not a homicidal maniac just among other things that I wouldn’t have in common with them. 

I also love Jews too and am not a homicidal maniac just among other things that I wouldn’t have in common with them. 

Being in favor of racial cleansing using a 'friendlier" cleansing product still makes you in favor of racial cleansing.

You haven't helped yourself here.  Like, at all.  And you sure as shit haven't read a single page of history, as your arguments about assimilation are recycled bullshit that's been repeated for nearly 150 years (the chinese, the irish, the italians, they all had their day in the exact same bullseye you're aiming at).  The names have changed.  The rest is the same.  Including the fact that there's no greater zealot than a convert.

23 minutes ago, 'stache said:

I too am interested to hear a legitimate concern of "demographic change." That's kind of been our thing here in the New World. 

Plus, I think most people would be surprised how many immigrants would keep their families in Mexico if only they could freely travel back and forth in order to work. It's home. You might not think much of it but it's their home. 

• Like 1

In the past, there was the expectation and belief that immigrants would become Americans because of the melting pot phenomenon. The concept of creating Americans through the melting pot is viewed with disdain by the left in particular. This has led to Balkinazation with immigrant communities like the Somalis in Minnesota not integrating and adopting Western values to become Americans. The actual impact of the 1964 Immigration Act was far different than what was expected.

They’re integrating... come on. Maybe not as fast as you like. And get out of here that the melting pot idea is disdained by the left.

2 hours ago, Iconoclast Texan said:

Neither the German people nor the Swedes voted to allow over a million Muslim migrants into Germany and over a 150,000 in Sweden. The globalist elite in both countries did. They allowed hordes of people with values that are antithetical to ours, that are poorly educated, and have no problem lying and cheating the system or committing crimes. At least in our case we aren’t dealing with the lying, cheating and criminal Muslim element who have created no-go zones, but rather hard working people who are mostly Christian.

oh, goodie, no-go zones! 

please tell me more about the no-go zones!

4 hours ago, 'stache said:

I honestly don't care if its true or not. The problem is that, if true, half this fucking country is scared for no reason. Worse, if it's true, like last time they are fleeing terrible violence and we should be welcoming refugees not demonizing them and using them as political pawns. And worst of all, the hate is coming from people who claim they know Jesus. They know only Republican Jesus, which is a figment of hateful imaginations.

evangelicals-the-teachings-of-christ-tea

• Like 2

On 1/19/2019 at 3:08 PM, Horn Under a Bad Sign said:

Holy shit ...AeroMexico wins the trolling of the year award:

Is funny, and I'd probably pay extra to leave Wharton, but I gotta be That Guy:

What is "Mexican" DNA?

If it's Native American, most Mexicans would be around 60%, some wouldn't have any. If it's Spanish, hell, there are people from Syria to Ireland to Norway with some of the same stuff as Spaniards. And if Vicente Fox nuts in one of Vic's cholas and gets her pregnant, the baby will have less "Mexican" DNA than the mama because Chente is part Kraut and/or Frog. Unless he lied.

I realize that every good joke dies on the dissecting table, so I'll leave you all with a trans dwarf to dance your cares away.

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...

Releasing war criminals will probably help stem the flow of caravans.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2019/feb/07/guatemala-war-criminals-crimes-against-humanity-amnesty

“This push is part of a broader effort by a coalition of military, business and political interests not just to stop Cicig, but to end all investigations into organised crime, human rights violations and corruption in order to reassert their total dominance in Guatemalan politics and society.”

Cicig does not investigate historical crimes but has helped weed out corruption from the courts and attorney general’s office, which are also now under attack.

Amnesty supporters argue that prosecutors have unfairly targeted security forces over leftist guerillas. But 93% of human rights abuses were committed by US-backed government forces, compared with 3% by guerrilla groups, according to the postwar Commission for Historical Clarification.

The felons who would benefit from the amnesty include top-ranking generals from the bloodiest period of the counterinsurgency war when rural indigenous communities and urban social activists were mercilessly persecuted.

Among them are Benedicto Lucas García, the former head of the armed forces, and Manuel Callejas y Callejas, the former intelligence chief, who are serving 58 years for crimes against humanity, the 1981 forced disappearance of 14-year-old Marco Antonio Molina Theissen and aggravated sexual assault against his older sister Emma Guadalupe.

Edited by Al Bundy's Napoleon Hand

For those against asylum seekers coming here, let me ask you this: how bad does something have to be before you would relent and be open to the idea of granting asylum to those in need?

Let's run through a very real scenario that happens today and compare the positions. North Korean asylum seekers flee North Korea into China because of the extremely oppressive nature they face at the hands of the government as well as the fact that there is little if any food and no possible way to grow economically as an individual within North Korea. If someone is captured by the Chinese then return to North Korea, they face among the hardest conditions of anyone on the planet just for trying to find a better life.

So the question is this, do the people that are coming here in the caravans from Central and South America need to be facing the same kind of scrutiny and oppression as that of the North Koreans before you would change your position? Or are we actually going to be better than that and recognize that these are human beings and we are supposed to be the world leaders of acceptance and diversity?

• Like 2

On 2/11/2019 at 12:38 AM, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

For those against asylum seekers coming here, let me ask you this: how bad does something have to be before you would relent and be open to the idea of granting asylum to those in need?

Dude, even the US was, for a time at least, refusing to let in Jewish refugees escaping fucking Hitler, and that was under FDR's watch. You really think that there's ANY level of depravity a group must face that would make these MAGA idiots re-think any of this? 

Let's run through a very real scenario that happens today and compare the positions. North Korean asylum seekers flee North Korea into China because of the extremely oppressive nature they face at the hands of the government as well as the fact that there is little if any food and no possible way to grow economically as an individual within North Korea. If someone is captured by the Chinese then return to North Korea, they face among the hardest conditions of anyone on the planet just for trying to find a better life.

Again, to the MAGA crowd, this is Cry Me A River City. They don't care.

So the question is this, do the people that are coming here in the caravans from Central and South America need to be facing the same kind of scrutiny and oppression as that of the North Koreans before you would change your position? Or are we actually going to be better than that and recognize that these are human beings and we are supposed to be the world leaders of acceptance and diversity?

Here's what they'd view as the difference:

In North Korea, their leadership is "the bad guys."
In Latin America, their leadership is "the good guys," and therefore no one should be leaving.

I mean did you not watch Elliott Abrams kicking and screaming like a petulant child the other day when Ilhan Omar was grilling him? He was actually, among other things, defending the US' embrace of Duarte and insisting that he brought "democracy" to El Salvador in the 1980's...you know, the period where the closest parallel to a Nazi state was ever replicated. Well when you say things like that, people who take it at face value end up with the impression "geez, it's a democracy? THEY SHOULDN'T BE COMING HERE! THINGS ARE FINE FOR THEM AT HOME!!!"

Edited by hpslugga

2 hours ago, hpslugga said:

Dude, even the US was, for a time at least, refusing to let in Jewish refugees escaping fucking Hitler, and that was under FDR's watch. You really think that there's ANY level of depravity a group must face that would make these MAGA idiots re-think any of this? 

Again, to the MAGA crowd, this is Cry Me A River City. They don't care.

Here's what they'd view as the difference:

In North Korea, their leadership is "the bad guys."
In Latin America, their leadership is "the good guys," and therefore no one should be leaving.

I mean did you not watch Elliott Abrams kicking and screaming like a petulant child the other day when Ilhan Omar was grilling him? He was actually, among other things, defending the US' embrace of Duarte and insisting that he brought "democracy" to El Salvador in the 1980's...you know, the period where the closest parallel to a Nazi state was ever replicated. Well when you say things like that, people who take it at face value end up with the impression "geez, it's a democracy? THEY SHOULDN'T BE COMING HERE! THINGS ARE FINE FOR THEM AT HOME!!!"

I'm not saying my argument will change everyone's mind, but it's a starting place to convey that it shouldn't have to be as bad as it is in North Korea before people here rethink their position on the matter. I'm not arguing that all or anyone should be allowed into the country. I am arguing that they do need to be heard though and have a legitimate opportunity to be let in if there is evidence to support the claims made for why they are requesting asylum. At the end of the day, we are all make up the human race. It doesn't and shouldn't matter what language someone speaks or the color of their skin or what religion they practice. If someone doesn't stand up and do the right thing in the immediate future, there wont be a later-on to worry about building a relationship with a thriving central and south America because they could be depopulated by overbearing, oppressive governmental regimes.

If we really wanted to quell the need for caravans to keep coming here, this is how we will do it:

First, help the people en route because they will know exactly what is wrong in the places they came from. Second, we will address the issues at the governmental level and earmark funds to address the issues whether its infrastructure, or economic, or due to the drug trade. If that proves to be successful, other kinds of intervention may be warranted, but at least we would have peace of mind knowing that we sought a diplomatic solution with aide and an end goal of friendship. If military action is needed, then we will be able to present the world community with valid and real evidence to support such action. Hopefully that would never be necessary though. So with infrastructure projects being built, there will be manpower needed in the form of laborers to build roads, bridges, affordable homes that people can be safe with in, or whatever else. This will stimulate the local economies and we will have another place to sell American made goods. This will present the population that is leaving to have the means to stay and something worth staying for.

Additionally, with solid infrastructure and friendly governments in place because of the aforementioned projects, the countries that would then be prospering would be more attractive vacation destinations for anyone who could afford it.

"Such pressures on U.S. border cities like El Paso, Texas, which is across from Ciudad Juárez, are evident in the number of apprehensions for illegal entry, which is up 478 percent this year. As of this week, there have been 43,238 apprehensions in the El Paso sector this fiscal year – compared to 7,481 at this same point last year, according to U.S. Customs and Border Protection. "

Sounds like a crisis

https://www.foxnews.com/world/new-caravan-forms-as-mexican-cities-that-border-us-keep-swelling-with-migrants

• Like 1