2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

27 minutes ago, Bama Chick said:

Young Kim sounds like a rapper name.

Is the Cisneros related to the Cisneros from the Clinton administration?

That was Henry. 

This dude is no relation. He's retired from Frito-Lay.   He's also a lottery winner.  Won a couple hundred million IIRC

3 minutes ago, GSU&UT said:

Right into my veins

I’ve been saying it all along through this thread, but what a bunch of fucking idiots those people are.

how can you be a congressman in California or New York and vote to kill Obamacare? Might be a good idea to try and take notice of where you are occasionally.

they deserve to be voted out. 

Edited by Voldemort86
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, hobbes2702 said:

How many seats gained are we up to now?

33 seat gain per NYT with 9 outstanding (D lead in 4, but CA39 is lean and ME2 will flip after the RCV happens). Remember that the GOP picked up 3 seats - 2 in Minnesota and 1 in PA (open seat that Lamb left to run for a diff seat under the new map). 

So final looks like 38-39 (Mia Love has recovered some, depends on SLC)

Edited by Js1

52 minutes ago, NBMisha said:

His football knowledge not even up to chick standard.

His football knowledge isn't up to Cruz's basketball knowledge:

https://www.indystar.com/story/sports/2016/04/26/cruz-calls-hoop-basketball-ring-and-twitter-erupts/83573574/

"The amazing thing is, that basketball ring in Indiana, it's the same height as it is New York City and every other place in this country," Cruz said during the rally, according to video from the scene.

8 minutes ago, retread said:

That video was during a welcome new senators to DC photo op, even though Rick Scott isn't the winner yet.

Yep he went ahead and flew on up.  But I get it - if he still gets called winner, you don't want to be behind the curve.  Nelson is an incumbent, he does not need to do orientation.

Edited by Js1

2 hours ago, bad_teammate said:

I do like that Claire "I'm not one of those crazy Democrats" McCaskill lost, though. Bad Dems get out

I'd rather have 51 Democrat Senators with 3-4 "bad" Dems keeping Trump's justices off the courts and chairing committees.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Is Trump tired of all of this winning?  Is that why he's cranky?

I don’t know what’s worse.

”WE’RE GOING TO WIN. WE’RE GOING TO WIN SO BIG” - Trump lost the popular votes by millions and a margin of 70,000 voters in 3 different states got him just enough electoral votes in the rust belt.

”WE’RE GOING TO REPEAL AND REPLACE THE DISASTER KNOWN AS OBAMACARE. YOU’RE GOING TO HAVE GREAT GREAT HEALTHCARE AT A FRACTION OF THE COST AND ITS GOING TO BE SO EASY” - The Orange turd spent most of the first year of his administration trying to repeal Obamacare and eventually failed to do so. The bill would’ve kicked 20 million + off insurance. I guess it was easy huh?

this administration is a fucking joke.

Edited by Voldemort86

4 hours ago, Js1 said:

AP finally called NJ-3 for Andy Kim (D) over the incumbent MacArthur (R). Add another one to the scoreboard

NJ went from 7-5 D to 11-1 D.

The GOP nerfing the SALT deduction which New Jersey cherished has been an electoral boon for the democrats. The democrats will hopefully be able to gerrymander the fuck out of that state in 2020 I hope.