2018 midterm gameday thread

Zonahorn

16 minutes ago, Js1 said:

She conceded. She doesn’t care she’ll get appointed to the McCain seat when Kyl steps down next month to give McSally seniority 

I really hated her and wanted her to lose because of how she acted during Obamacare repeal. The story was she stood up and yelled at her gop colleagues “LETS GET THIS FUCKING THING DONE”. I thought who would be so enthusiastic about taking healthcare away from 20 million people.

with that said, she has handled the last week with class and grace. Trump and that nasty bitch ronna McDaniel wanted her to raise a stink so they could push the narrative that democrats are stealing all of these late races. McSally didn’t play along because unlike those 2, she actually understands how Arizona elections work. 

I hope Doug Douchey appoints her to the senate and we go after her in 2020. After seeing the last week or so play out, Arizona could easily find someone much worse than McSally to fill McCain’s seat. I hope she gets appointed to it, but in 2020 it’s game on.

4 minutes ago, thepop said:

And she'll lose again in 2020 if Dems have a decent candidate.

It’ll be a very bad look if she takes that seat after losing. 

Ruben Gallego needs to run. Young, progressive, former Marine. 

Edited by Js1
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nice Guy Eddie said:

I agree that AZ voters won't be happy if they voted to NOT put her in the Senate and then she is given a seat free of charge.

In the Senate races didn't at least 5 GOP Senate candidates accept the Trump embrace but their Dem opponents (Sinema, Rosen, Stabenow, Casey and Tester) all won...  I'm confused.

And not just any seat but McCain’s. Cindy didn’t endorse McSally for Flake’s seat, how pissed will she and other McCain loyalists feel about it. 

According to New York Times the current state of play is :

governor :

25 repub - 23 dem

Florida and Georgia outstanding 

senate :

51 repub - 47 Dem 

Florida in recount and Mississippi will have a runoff soon.

house :

227 dem - 198 repub 

CA-10, NJ-3, NY-22, UT-04, CA-39, CA-45, Maine 2, Georgia 7, NY-27, and TX-23 still not officially called.

9 minutes ago, thepop said:

Thank god for the judicial system.

Also, thank god for SCOTUS ending the preclearance requirement.*  I bet even they are surprised by the level of voter suppression that sprung up immediately on pulling it back.  They apparently assumed people are, at their most fundamental level, good.  One of the classic blunders.

*sarcasm, if it was not clear.  

2 hours ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Also, thank god for SCOTUS ending the preclearance requirement.*  I bet even they are surprised by the level of voter suppression that sprung up immediately on pulling it back.  They apparently assumed people are, at their most fundamental level, good.  One of the classic blunders.

*sarcasm, if it was not clear.  

As someone who favored ending the preclearance requirement, I have to say that I am surprised by the level of voter suppression.  

tenor.gif?itemid=11615262