Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

Russian sources regarding this incident:

“Guys, let’s not take a photo from Stepove. Everyone already knows that during the attack, our assault group and tank were targeted. It was an ambush or cluster munition. But why try to display photos everywhere?”

“In fact, a whole platoon was ambushed there. It was near Stepove, the higher command, of course, should be asked questions if there was an ambush. If those were cluster munitions, then it’s stupid to blame anyone.”

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

31 minutes ago, statsman said:

It has been 15 years since my non-defense employer has let us use WebEx, due to security concerns. What is Germany doing? Did they want to be compromised?

If you want to get something to the Russians, tell the Germans. Been that way for a long time.  It really is just culture in the institutions, an entire defense and security apparatus built on a belief that fighting was unthinkable and Germany had no enemies, just trading partners it hadn’t fully convinced yet. 

To be fair we basically did this to them, total Anglo-American cultural neutering. 

• Hook 'Em 1

7 hours ago, InkaUtexas said:

Yes it is, and not the first. I expected the Caucus tribes to push while Russia is focused on Ukraine. Could get very interesting.

Most of Georgia's armaments were captured after the end of hostilities. So, I'm not sure what Georgia's capabilities are. Georgia only has 3.5M people and Ingushetia only has 0.5M people. With limited heavy artillery and limited fighting forces and limited reasons to fight (their lives aren't great independently or under Russian control), I don't see them having a huge impact. OTOH, Russia has to be pretty weak militarily at this point so any dilution of Russian power helps.

By contrast Afghanistan has 40M people and is similar in population to Ukraine. Interestingly to me, the population of Afghanistan is growing rapidly and grew rapidly even while we were there. Do you happen to know the reason - immigration?

34 minutes ago, statsman said:

Ukraine celebrated when a Russian helicopter pilot defected. It didn’t take long for him to die a violent death—increasingly, the fate awaiting people who cross Putin. 
https://www.wsj.com/world/europe/russians-keep-turning-up-dead-all-over-the-world-6acc8990?st=nqptxwrqc83l2jm&reflink=share_mobilewebshare

Should have stayed in Ukraine.

• Fuck Around and Find Out 2

4 hours ago, Bevo said:

Most of Georgia's armaments were captured after the end of hostilities. So, I'm not sure what Georgia's capabilities are. Georgia only has 3.5M people and Ingushetia only has 0.5M people. With limited heavy artillery and limited fighting forces and limited reasons to fight (their lives aren't great independently or under Russian control), I don't see them having a huge impact. OTOH, Russia has to be pretty weak militarily at this point so any dilution of Russian power helps.

By contrast Afghanistan has 40M people and is similar in population to Ukraine. Interestingly to me, the population of Afghanistan is growing rapidly and grew rapidly even while we were there. Do you happen to know the reason - immigration?

Understand. But these groups can cause some insurgent level issues and tie up police. There are a lot of separatist movements in the region. Remember Chechnya before they became Putin's go to for shitty things? And Ingushetia  is part of Russia with a history of stirring shit up.

It was not immigration for sure. Afghanistan sent a lot of refugees into Pakistan and Iran. I think one major reason, which is now collapsing, was food security, especially for children. Afghans always had a lot of kids. If poor, a lot of them died. But the UN/USAID/UK sent in tons of  direct aid, rebuilt a lot of the agricultural sector, including infrastructure.

Adding a bit more I just saw.

Six militants killed in special operation in Russia's Ingushetia region - TASS

Reuters
March 3, 20242:46 AM CSTUpdated 8 hours ago

March 3 (Reuters) - Russian security forces killed six alleged militants in a special operation in Russia's North Caucasus republic of Ingushetia, TASS news agency reported on Sunday, citing local law enforcement agencies.
On Saturday, authorities introduced counter-terrorism emergency powers in the town of Karabulak after the alleged militants had opened fire on law enforcement forces in a residential building.
"The special operation has ended. The counter-terrorism operation regime is still in place," a law enforcement source told TASS.

Edited by InkaUtexas
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Fuck Around and Find Out 1

3 hours ago, tx 3 putt said:

All russian pigs on ukraine soil need to meet this same fate …

If he had been trained to our standards,  he would have had a tourniquet on it immediately.  Russians not even pausing to put on a tourniquet or even try is a sign of shitty training. (And discipline)

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he had been trained to our standards,  he would have had a tourniquet on it immediately.  Russians not even pausing to on a tourniquet or even try is a sign of shitty training. 

And probably not wandering around alone. Reminds me of the opening scene of the Longest Day where the German is delivering food/milk/whatever.

• Hook 'Em 3

6 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

If he had been trained to our standards,  he would have had a tourniquet on it immediately.  Russians not even pausing to on a tourniquet or even try is a sign of shitty training. 

Kind of OT but Iraq and Afghanistan taught us so much about field and emergency medicine. Back in the day (I mean the 1990s), people taught you to never use a tourniquet unless you wanted to lose the limb.  Last-ditch, it’s better to lose an arm than bleed out type situation. 

Turns out that getting a tourniquet on early then getting treatment saves both. “Losing the limb” dates back to leaving the tourniquet on for hours. 

Edited by 956 Worldwide
  • Hook 'Em 4

2 minutes ago, 956 Worldwide said:

Kind of OT but Iraq and Afghanistan taught us so much about field and emergency medicine. Back in the day (I mean the 1990s), people taught you to never use a tourniquet unless you wanted to lose the limb.  Last-ditch, it’s better to lose an arm than bleed out type situation. 

Turns out that getting a tourniquet on early then getting treatment saves both. “Losing the limb” dates back to leaving the tourniquet on for like 12+ hours. 

The US did a lot of reasearch in other places led by SF medics. In the early 1990's I was trained to always think tourniquet and forget the old rules. Stabilize and mobilize wounded.

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 2

31 minutes ago, statsman said:

Who is David Sacks? I’ve seen a couple of takes from him that I disagree with, recently. 

Friend of dumbass, racist drug fiend. A match made in hell.

His most famous quote is, "Hanging out with Elon always makes me feel smart."

image.png.9721ca874dd4744e9d7c7ad34858e83c.png

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Rage+1 4