Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

3 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Any ship getting out into the open sea now has to be worried about those sea drones that Ukraine is running.  H I Sutton was talking about how maneuverable and fast they are on I think his website or another he writes for.  Low profile as well, so hard to pick up.

makes me wonder if they could clog up or bottleneck the harbor with some sunk ships as well.

I've never really thought about this before, but all you need is a few remote controlled Seabreachers with a warhead attached to really fuck up surface vessels. Those would be a lot easier to cobble together than the air drones they've already built.

11 minutes ago, RPM said:

I've never really thought about this before, but all you need is a few remote controlled Seabreachers with a warhead attached to really fuck up surface vessels. Those would be a lot easier to cobble together than the air drones they've already built.

taiwan needs to send military advisors over, so they can learn a thing or two

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 1

18 minutes ago, RPM said:

6 minutes ago, tx 3 putt said:

taiwan needs to send military advisors over, so they can learn a thing or two

It’s got to scare the shit out of the Chinese.  Troop transports, like say ocean liners pressed into temporary service, aren’t known for their low profile, maneuverability in the face of an attack, and heavy armor/redundant systems.  And the Taiwanese will be able to see them coming for 100 miles.

Shit, the Taiwanese will be launching air and sea drones at them.  And underwater drones.  Ukraine is a master class for Taiwan,

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2

Any ship getting out into the open sea now has to be worried about those sea drones that Ukraine is running.  H I Sutton was talking about how maneuverable and fast they are on I think his website or another he writes for.  Low profile as well, so hard to pick up.
makes me wonder if they could clog up or bottleneck the harbor with some sunk ships as well.

Staying stationary in a harbor is worse than under sail in open waters which is why I’m asking if they can’t sail away.
  • Hook 'Em 1

59 minutes ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

Staying stationary in a harbor is worse than under sail in open waters which is why I’m asking if they can’t sail away.

Nah.  The Russians have them purposely positioned there and hope Ukraine tries to sink them in port.  I think 3 of the 6 boats are nuclear type.  You hit one of them and vlad has his dirty bomb scenario.  The diesels are staying home because they are limited by fuel but also submarines have specific dive points and I can't imagine the black sea having that many to choose from.  The Ukrainians probably have drones in that vicinity just for that reason.

1 hour ago, texastough said:

950 orcs killed yesterday?? I wonder if they are counting naval personnel in Sevastopol.  Edit: I don't think so since they are not counting any boats on that list.

The last few weeks, we have a better picture of what the Russians are doing than the Ukrainians, outside of some curated videos.  Their opsec is really good.

Plus, we know the mobilized are showing up in Kherson.

• Hook 'Em 2

39 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Don’t have a Telegram account, but Wikipedia says College Station is located at 30°36′05″N 96°18′52″W

Russia would never target Collie Station.

One, it would trigger Article 5.

Two, it would eliminate one of the biggest places where Vatnik propaganda has taken hold.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

26 minutes ago, atomheartbevo said:

Also, @blacklab that seems like a lot of “hydrographic vessels”.  I’m assuming it’s the same as the US Navy’s oceanographic vessels or whatever.

Yeah it does seem like a lot. Probably tagged as hydrographic but actually used for spy stuff/electronic surveillance.

Can't remember any hydrographic vessels at norfolk much less any one at any time. I think the NOAA or someone else does that here.

• Hook 'Em 2