Русский корабль - иди нахуй

Eastwood

28 minutes ago, MillerEP said:

^👀

Chuck is full of it but we can dream. He also claimed the attack on Sevastopol was was SU-27/MIG-29s with HARMs after the videos had been released, you would think a former SEAL would recognize an asymmetric port attack.

And this can’t be emphasized enough, but if you don’t listen to what Russian leaders and their spokespeople are saying, you would miss it:

Let’s make one thing clear: it was never a proxy war. russia always saw us as less of people, always hated and never really respected. russia would’ve attacked Ukraine, with West or without. But with West’s help Ukraine has more chances to defeat russia, for good.

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, atomheartbevo said:

Be a shame if they were flooded with false information (which NAFO is doing).

Don’t have a Telegram account, but Wikipedia says College Station is located at 30°36′05″N 96°18′52″W

FgT6AwOXEAIOTm9?format=png&name=small

I an interest in where all the treasure is on Oak Island if anyone has any info please email me…

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

23 hours ago, ShaggyBevo RIP said:

As a former nuke guy, does the lack of any indication of RU ships booking it out of Sevastopol mean they can’t?
Apparently, today’s particular combined asset attack was the first of it’s kind against naval ships at harbor.

Non-Swabbie here but in olden Cold War days I heard that at any given time, huge chunks of the Soviet fleet were stuck in port because of general slack-jaw Soviet maintenance, etc.

Doubt it's better now.

• Hook 'Em 3

13 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

Russian leaders have never had any qualms about starving their own people, why would they care if they starve a bunch of Africans and Asians.

Because China has their whole belt and road initiative going on through some of the affected regions, and making things hard on China is not a wise move, when China already has their own internal problems to deal with.   There’s a reason why masses of Chinese hardware never materialized for the Russians, and instead they are pulling old shit out of mothballs.

• Hook 'Em 2

If after a further round of negotiations the rachists do not agree again to the peaceful transfer of foodstuffs avoiding mass starvation, we put a carrier group in the eastern Med and declare a no-fly zone over the Black Sea. ASW operations as needed.

Tip jar at a bar last night:

image.thumb.jpeg.14617e952c6a4893b650042747965b55.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 3
  • Haha 1
  • Drool 1

They have been shipping grain through Romania and then out through one of Romania's ports on the Black Sea, feels like they should just ramp that up, since the Russians aren't dumb enough to fuck with shipments out of Romania, plus Russian ships probably aren't all that keen to get that far away from Crimea, given that Ukraine can probably sink anything on the northwestern side of the Black Sea.

• Hook 'Em 3

Russia pushing Moldova to once and for all solve their Transnistria issue, between the attempts at the dam and the possible coup stuff.

Putin is even more of a fucking idiot for flooding Moldova as well as Ukrainian areas if the missile had hit the damn.  Does he think that will help him with the rest of the world, including China and India?

Edited by atomheartbevo
  • Hook 'Em 4
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, RDCanecutter said:

Non-Swabbie here but in olden Cold War days I heard that at any given time, huge chunks of the Soviet fleet were stuck in port because of general slack-jaw Soviet maintenance, etc.

Doubt it's better now.

There’s been some investment as part of Putin’s military revamp, but not as much as needed to even offset the years of neglect. I remember seeing part of the fleet rusting in berths in Sevastopol 2001 and it was hard to believe that it had belonged to a terrifying superpower about a decade earlier. 

But Russia’s military budget is limited and ships are expensive.  The Northern Fleet which has responsibilities for the Atlantic got most of the attention along with the submarine service in general. And even there, they haven’t been able to keep the flagship Admiral Kuznetsov mission capable for any significant period. For that matter, the Moskva Black Sea flagship was a huge prize for the Ukrainians, but was in rough shape. A lot of those hydrographic vessels were likely not operational (and to @atomheartbevo, hydrography has long been a function of the Russian Navy, although of course hydrography was not all those ships did/do). 

• Hook 'Em 4
  • Drool 2

On 10/29/2022 at 12:37 PM, MillerEP said:

^This is 100% real, and it's also 100% funny.

I can’t say why I was there, but I’ve visited Draper before - they are an interesting think tank of top scientists across disciplines. One of their first projects was to devise the guidance systems for the Apollo program. They work closely with the government.

They talk pretty gleefully about how they bio-hacked dragonflies. Not an April Fool’s:

https://www.draper.com/news-releases/equipping-insects-special-service

Edited by Txzen
  • Hook 'Em 1

23 minutes ago, Txzen said:

I can’t say why I was there, but I’ve visited Draper before - they are an interesting think tank of top scientists across disciplines. One of their first projects was to devise the guidance systems for the Apollo program. They work closely with the government.

They talk pretty gleefully about how they bio-hacked dragonflies. Not an April Fool’s:

https://www.draper.com/news-releases/equipping-insects-special-service

The things you find around here amaze me.

Vile and amazing like JItb tacos. That might have been a  Brisket quote.

Draper is developing tiny optical structures, called optrodes, that can activate the special “steering” neurons with pulses of light piped into the nerve cord from the dragonfly’s backpack. Traditional optical fibers are too stiff to be wrapped around the tiny dragonfly nerve cord, so Draper developed innovative flexible optrodes that can bend light around sub-millimeter turns.  These optrodes will enable precise and targeted neural activation without disrupting the thousands of nearby neurons.  

“Someday these same tools could advance medical treatments in humans, resulting in more effective therapies with fewer side effects,” said Wheeler. “Our flexible optrode technology provides a new solution to enable miniaturized diagnostics, safely access smaller neural targets and deliver higher precision therapies.”

51 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Assuming any attack by Russia on a Turkish ship would mean shit is on w/ NATO.

I think they could handle Russia on their own.  Turkey has a much, much larger naval force in the Black Sea than Russia does (not to mention an Air Force with plenty of anti-shipping missiles), and they could shut down the straits to any Russian ships trying to come in and reinforce Russia.

And they would shut down the straits to any and all civilian Russian shipping if Russia attacks them, which further cripples Russia's economy.

Putin has to back down.

• Hook 'Em 1