News stories that remind you of Surly

Longboard Horn

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Arnold Schwarzenegger Repairs Pothole in Southern California Neighborhood

A large pothole in the ritzy Brentwood district of Los Angeles is no longer a risk to drivers and cyclists thanks to Arnold Schwarzenegger. On Tuesday, the legendary bodybuilder, actor, and former Governor of California posted a Twitter update with a video clip showing him pouring road asphalt into a pothole that he had reported to the L.A. Department of Public Works three weeks ago, but he got tired of waiting and decided to fill it up himself while wearing wraparound sunglasses and a leather jacket similar to the ones he wore on the "Terminator" film series.

According to a report broadcast by NBC 4 Southern California, the pothole may have been a service trench accidentally left open by work crews rerouting natural gas connections.

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Arnold Schwarzenegger Repairs Pothole in Southern California Neighborhood

A large pothole in the ritzy Brentwood district of Los Angeles is no longer a risk to drivers and cyclists thanks to Arnold Schwarzenegger. On Tuesday, the legendary bodybuilder, actor, and former Governor of California posted a Twitter update with a video clip showing him pouring road asphalt into a pothole that he had reported to the L.A. Department of Public Works three weeks ago, but he got tired of waiting and decided to fill it up himself while wearing wraparound sunglasses and a leather jacket similar to the ones he wore on the "Terminator" film series.

According to a report broadcast by NBC 4 Southern California, the pothole may have been a service trench accidentally left open by work crews rerouting natural gas connections.

The pothole turned out to be a service trench that needs to be reopened. 

In other words, if the pothole could talk, it might say “I’ll be back.”

https://jalopnik.com/schwarzenegger-patched-service-trench-not-pothole-1850328966

• Haha 2

Meh, I like his "fuck this waiting on the city bullshit." If it was a service trench it should have had a temporary metal cover and work signs. Arnold ain't wrong here (and that shitty coldroll asphalt is easy to dig out). Gas company/city/whoever is at fault for leaving an unmarked hazard.

• Hook 'Em 6
  • Like 1

Meh, I like his "fuck this waiting on the city bullshit." If it was a service trench it should have had a temporary metal cover and work signs. Arnold ain't wrong here (and that shitty coldroll asphalt is easy to dig out). Gas company/city/whoever is at fault for leaving an unmarked hazard.

Fuck the city! And to quote another A.S. character, “You dropped us in a meat grinder!”. Because that thing will fuck up anything short of his Hummer driving over it.

3 hours ago, GoPokes83 said:

James and the Giant Peach cancelled for kindergarteners in Spring Branch. Absolutely positively fuck this Karen with a barbed wire wrapped telephone pole!

Twits like her should not be allowed to vote or reproduce.  If she doesn't want her crotch goblin to see it, fine.  To fuck it up for all of the other kids is outrageous.

• Hook 'Em 3

Twits like her should not be allowed to vote or reproduce.  If she doesn't want her crotch goblin to see it, fine.  To fuck it up for all of the other kids is outrageous.

One of her fondest childhood memories is probably seeing Peter Pan on TV with Sandy Duncan or Mary Lou Retton as Peter, but this is somehow completely different.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

On 4/30/2023 at 7:38 AM, GoPokes83 said:

James and the Giant Peach cancelled for kindergarteners in Spring Branch. Absolutely positively fuck this Karen with a barbed wire wrapped telephone pole!

I've seen some stupid takes in my life and this might be in the top 5. Social media was a mistake.

Surly spawn, no doubt.

https://nypost.com/2023/05/07/texas-prankster-sent-students-to-hospital-shut-down-school-after-using-fart-spray/

Prankster sent students to hospital, shut down school after using fart spray

A Texas high school student sent six of his peers to the hospital this week after deploying an intensely putrid “fart spray,” fire officials announced Friday.

The student fessed up to the foul prank after fire officials and hazardous response teams spent three days investigating reports of “a smell of gas” at Caney Creek High School, located roughly 45 miles north of Houston.
….

• Like 1

Future home of all the CR troglodytes:

In Langley, British Columbia, there’s a village that may remind you of your own: you can go for a stroll, pick up a couple of items from the grocery store or even pop by the salon. But, this particular community was purposefully built to allow for freedom and quality of life. Because every resident in this village has something in common: they’re all living with dementia.

https://globalnews.ca/news/9663849/dementia-village-canada/#:~:text=By coincidence%2C at the same,was having an open house.

• Like 1

Begun, the Cow Wars have.  Glad they're on our side, but I don't know why.

A herd of cows helped a North Carolina police department corral a suspect on the run.

The partnership began when a 34-year-old man fled during a traffic stop, according to a Facebook post from the Boone Police Department.

He led police on a chase and then abandoned his vehicle before setting out on foot into an undeveloped area, says the Facebook post. Because of how quickly he was driving, officers couldn't see exactly where he fled, the post says.

Officers "received some unexpected, but welcomed assistance from some local cows," according to the department.

The herd of cows was behooved to lead officers "directly to where the suspect was hiding," says the post.

"The cows communicated with the officers as best they could and finally just had the officers follow them to the suspect's location," joked the department in the post.

https://www.kcra.com/article/cows-help-police-capture-suspect/43879482

3 hours ago, nnm said:

The story is even better!

A 41-year-old woman had the winning lottery ticket worth over 3 million dollars on Friday night, but showed up to work anyway on Monday to deliver one last package.

The courier company had no idea of her winnings. “I knew something was wrong because I came back from lunch and the door to my office was closed,” said the manager.

I slowly opened the door to discover the woman with her pants around her ankles, hunched over on my desk like a hippopotamus/cheetah dropping a massive poo on my desk.

She shot her head towards me and locked eyes. I was frozen in shock and fear. In my peripheral vision I saw a huge mud-monkey sliming out of her butt like a Play-Doh fun factory.”

“It was worth it,” the woman said on arrest. “On Friday when I realized I hit the lotto, I knew this would be the first thing I would do. I hit up every Mexican food truck and saved my dumps all weekend.

I was shuffling around like a death-row inmate trying not to explode. I’ve been putting up with that guy’s shit for years, it’s time he put up with some of mine.”

• Haha 4