Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

2 minutes ago, slorch said:

we all have our burdens to bear.  Holy crap i miss Live Oak Hefe...and Primus is one of my very favorites beers of any style.

Word.  I have a case of it in my beer fridge.  I don't drink it often through Spring/Summer, but I'd rather have some, than not have some, when I want some.

Edited by utee94

5 hours ago, CooterBrown said:

Half Door Brewing in San Diego about 1 block north of centerfield. Top shelf IPAs. House of Hops is one of my favorite IPAs anywhere.

7d33f14f50ff6ed7cf5a04b050b85344.jpg

487beaa61787333558be4e6331f2e5b4.jpg

8669eff5bb026e87ad2f1725c1d99345.jpg

I concur. I was pleasantly surprised in a good way at half door.

Broken Arrow Taphouse, Ruidoso, NM
Scotia Ale by Bosque. ( Scotch ale) 
Major yum!!!  Had it on tap.

773e0f59315ec713f0689fd7458da4c1_c_742882641_640x640.jpg

I know Bosque is more or less brand new in Bernalillo. I may have had one beer ever from them and it was okay I suppose (a white ale maybe?). Kind of an interesting location for a brewery and taproom. Nice scenery of Sandia Crest, though.

Another great American Solera beer: Raspbarrel.

Per their description:

Raspbarrel is a sour ale aged on whole raspberries. It's produced by filling two of our barrel fermenters with 200lbs of raspberries each. We then fill the barrel with sour golden ale. Once fermentation kicks in, a series of punch downs is done to get as much raspberry flavor into the beer as possible.

If you have the means, I highly recommend picking one up.

0d7d0244c8657bb6bcb2ecf876f4dddd.jpg

• Like 1

54 minutes ago, slorch said:

read that first as "uphill climb at 90 degrees."

Damn, you are hard core, brother... LOlz.

Looks tasty.

It is.  It's not an exceptional brewery, but nothing they make is bad either.  They're located right off one of the local bike trails too, which is nice.

I Iiked them both. I think I like 12 a little more than 11. 11 seemed to have more of a pina colada taste (& I had the regular...not the variant version) whereas this one was more melony/fruity.

I always look forward to trying this series and the different hop additions (much like Firestone Walker’s Luponic Distortion series)

Bosque Brewing in New Mexico. Cool building, great views, middling beers, terrible food.

8da6126b3f4b92d55b24715d06f120ff.jpg

6c06b34d69d8d2556ee7f4582f8b51f1.jpg
That was one of those sante fe furniture stores about 2 years ago. Wife and I always comment on the cool building passing through back to Colorado, but God dammit man, you dont stop in Bernallio for a brew.