Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

bought a six pack of sculpin the other day because it was the cheapest I'd seen it in years at $10.99. stopped buying it when they were charging upwards of $18 a sixer. still a good beer. 

on a related note, as much as I love PHP there's no way in hell i'm ever paying $18 for a 4 pack of their beer. 

I think its Tuesdays that CM Westgate has 25% off growler fills.  I think growler fills were already cheaper for mainstays like EJ, but this makes it significantly less than going across the street and buying their beer at PHP South Lamar where it's brewed.  Makes no sense, but I'm not arguing.

1 hour ago, stc said:

bought a six pack of sculpin the other day because it was the cheapest I'd seen it in years at $10.99. stopped buying it when they were charging upwards of $18 a sixer. still a good beer. 

on a related note, as much as I love PHP there's no way in hell i'm ever paying $18 for a 4 pack of their beer. 

I don't think they do anything special for the price points that they want on their core beers and never adjusted their model during the boom. 

5 hours ago, 4th&Five said:

I haven’t since college. 

My old man did it when I was a kid (I remember finding empty bottles in the shower) when he was in the field.  I did it every weekend in college and still do probably 5-6 times a year.

Parents have a place near ish here so we checked it out.

Red Gap Brewing.

21c4faf2c71f866e456039f125e69298.jpg

d83fee3e6592f45ebd0ae9aade4a6e53.jpg

6ccf9c70a957a3ef163c666dbbd52de3.jpg

Nothing super fantastic, but solid stuff and it’s a pretty decent taproom in an old building on the main street. Today is their 2nd anniversary party apparently.

The Hefe and Double IPA are pretty good.

On 6/5/2019 at 8:25 PM, mdleast said:

Maybe they should've actually tried to sell some of those amazing beers they were brewing there, instead of forcing Yet Another Over-hopped IPA down our throats whenever.

Believe it or not, they made tons of beers there that weren't IPAs. And they were amazing. But they never made it to store shelves. No wonder they're struggling.

Maybe they should've actually tried to sell some of those amazing beers they were brewing there, instead of forcing Yet Another Over-hopped IPA down our throats whenever.
Believe it or not, they made tons of beers there that weren't IPAs. And they were amazing. But they never made it to store shelves. No wonder they're struggling.

Only IPAs and pastry stouts sell. Everyone knows that.

18 hours ago, Dark Horse said:

Only IPAs and pastry stouts sell. Everyone knows that.

In a few years the only beers you will be able to buy will be hazies, pastries, and kettle sours.  This is why I only drink lagers having an ABV below 3%.