Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

If they have it, pick up some Sosus. It’s King Sue with Mosaic instead of Citra. My favorite TG DIPA.

I had one about 5 years ago (when it was still in glass bombers...assuming that’s no longer the case) and agree it was incredible.
  • Like 1

I know it’s been like a day but there was no Spindletap at the Southlake Central Market.

I asked the guy about it and he was not aware (though he isn’t the buyer, to be fair), but he was excited to hear it.

Yeah while they said the beers are on their way, not really sure what that means timing wise when you factor in the distribution process.

Green Flash’s West Coast IPA was my first “hey I like ‘West Coast’ IPAs!” West Coast IPA. Hadn’t had one in years and recently learned that, after switching their recipe back in 2013, they just switched back to the old recipe this year (& rebranded) so decided to pick some up. Still tasty. In an era of seemingly never ending hazy IPAs, sometimes you just need a nice, reliable West Coast IPA to throw into the mix.

00e24f91ce8dcc619b089d1494c7ee08.jpg

Well this is unexpected and exciting DFW beer news: 

32b9c2636530b4708f05fe831600ae8d.jpg

FYI, I’m seeing where some places today have started getting this in on tap and some cans. So far, it seems to be the smaller shops/usual places that get the rarer stuff first (Taps and Caps, Lonestar Beverages, Craft and Growler)

Edit - from the Spindletap source:

Here we go. Listing the locations and the type of package they’re getting. I don’t have details on when each account will receive it nor do I know exactly which brands they’ll get. Best bet is to contact them directly. I can’t guarantee this list is complete either. If you see anything somewhere else update and let everyone know. Cheers y’all!

What’s on Tap - Keller (kegs)

What’s on Tap - Highland Village (Kegs)

Taps & Caps - Ft Worth (kegs and package)

Taps & Caps - Lewisville (kegs)

Choice Beverage Mckinney (package)

Kegs and barrels Plano (package)

Empire Plano (package)

Empire Allen (package)

One stop Wylie (package)

Central market Plano (package if it scans)

Brass tap Prosper (kegs)

Lone Star Beverages (Package)

Webb Chapel Beer & Wine (Package)

Central market Fort Worth (keg)

Magnolia motor lounge (keg)

Flying saucer Fort Worth (keg)

The bearded lady (keg)

Whole Foods Fort Worth (keg)

Old Texas brewing (keg)

Heb burleson (package)

Twisted snifter (package)

Central market Fort Worth (package if approved)

Bottle shop Fort Worth (package)

• Like 1

Another outstanding beer from Toppling Goliath.

41749ec209065263fa11c63eae7decbc.jpg

Indeed. My favorite harbinger of Spring in the Driftless.

The first year they brewed it, it flew out of the tap room so fast that they wouldn’t sell growlers, and people were getting busted ordering draws and dumping them into growlers.
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, AnotherUTFan said:

Mraz is near, or in, El Dorado hills. Also, Sierra Nevada is an hour and a half away.

I'll be in Yuba City one of the mornings, but have to be back in Roseville in that afternoon not sure I can make it to Chico. I did see Mraz not to far away at all.

Roseville seems to have a good number of bottle shops too. 

Edited by shnsajax

1 hour ago, shnsajax said:

Anyone know anything about the Sacramento area for beer? Will be staying in either El Dorado Hills or Roseville for work. Anything local to look for or just the usual Cali stuff?

Moksa in Rocklin, Loomis Basin in Loomis, and Moonraker in Auburn. There's also a Fieldworks in downtown Sacramento.

My experience with Sacramento breweries is that they're pretty meh.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, HenryJames said:

Moksa in Rocklin, Loomis Basin in Loomis, and Moonraker in Auburn. There's also a Fieldworks in downtown Sacramento.

My experience with Sacramento breweries is that they're pretty meh.

I'll actually be in the suburbs and further for work and never stay in Sacramento. Stockton one day, Roseville, El Dorado Hills, and Yuba City. Moonraker would cool to visit.