Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

Yeah, I don't think anyone in Austin will be surprised if/when Christine screws up and the entire company gets shut down.  The best I can really hope for is a buyout from someone who likes the Belgian beers as much I do, who will leave the mainstays alone, but have a much more cohesive strategy and business plan.

This is so fuckin huge its hilarious. How's BB gonna handle this with just a bunch of random bombers of dollar general candle tasting beers?

And it sucks that someone gave Christine Celis the keys to Austin's brewing origin story.  A 50K brewhouse? LMFAO. Who else is looking for something like that other than ... uh, buffalo bayou?

• Like 1

It is. It's actually a good place to hang out with the kids. Never been impressed with any of their beers though. It's a good example of a local brewery existing because it's local.

This.

I’m never going to pickup the 1980 or Ridgeback at the store, but if some friends want to meet up and let the kiddos burn off some energy on Saturday afternoon I’m always game.
  • Like 1

Also, eventually I need to change my avatar because I haven’t had lovestreet in forever.
Wish it wasn’t centered in that pic.

It was my go to for a long time, local, easy to drink, available just about everywhere.

Maybe I can replace it with ButterCreamBlueberryCrepe the new yankee candle / buffalo calibration.

2 hours ago, HenryJames said:

Are you already in line?

Dont really go to breweries a lot anymore. I just know that for the first 1-2 years, almost every startup brewery in this state is gonna produce absolute dogshit. Done wasting my time going to places like NLand, Vallensons, Huff, etc

I can walk 2 blocks to my neighborhood kroger and pick up Ghost in the Machine. No sense in trying new shit

Also, eventually I need to change my avatar because I haven’t had lovestreet in forever.
Wish it wasn’t centered in that pic.

It was my go to for a long time, local, easy to drink, available just about everywhere.

Maybe I can replace it with ButterCreamBlueberryCrepe the new yankee candle / buffalo calibration.

They’re also sellouts, so....
  • Like 1

Going to Denver in June.  I've already been to Crooked Stave and Great Divide so I probably won't hit those up again.  Where should I check out brewery wise and where is the best place to pick up a couple of bottles I can't find in Texas (in particular, Russian River and Lost Abbey)?

Sorry about your thumb.

Where can I get ghost in San Antonio? I’ll be in Austin tomorrow for abw party. Anywhere there?

This thread really needs to be renamed the what the fuck is up with your thumb beer thread. Several of examples now.