Beer 2019, imo.

HenryJames

13 hours ago, mdleast said:

BTW, my “beer cellar” looks substantially similar to Bert’s above and I have the same excess old beers (especially stouts, barrel aged beers, etc) “problem”

Great, another surly idoit that forgot to drink beer.

It's simple-- buy beer, drink beer.  Even the jackwagons on this site should be able to figure that much out.

• Like 1

new American-style brewery from two brothersNomadic Beerworks, is opening soon in South Austin. Located at 3804 Woodbury Drive, the former warehouse should start its new life as a brewery sometime this April.

The brewery will focus on “variants of American styles of beer,” per co-owner Bryce Tyranski, “anchored in delicious IPAs.” Taps will rotate between ten to twelve beers, and there are plans for a barrel aging program, as well.

In terms of food, Korean truck Kimchi Jon’s is already set up on the patio outside Nomadic, even though the brewery isn’t open yet. It’s known for kimchi pancakes, fried chicken, and bibimbap. Per Bryce, there is already talk of food and beer pairings between the truck and the brewery.

The brewery is run by brothers Bryce and Daniel Tyranski. Daniel started brewing during college, and has spent time with Fort Point Brewing Company in San Francisco and Austin’s Hi Sign Brewing. The brothers are avid backpackers and wanted to use their travels as a source of inspiration for the beer.

That’s a great beer. Had it when we visited Tulsa a couple weeks back.

Didn’t get the killer ribs though

Tulsa doesn’t have texas beef ribs anywhere I’m aware of. I always thought I could make a killing with a bbq truck making only beef ribs, brisket, and pinto beans. I would serve breakfast tacos on weekends with leftovers.

I’ll be in Portland, OR this weekend. What are some can’t miss tap rooms?

I’m going on Sunday.

Bailey’ Taproom, Apex, and Beer Mongers are up there. But you can probably find something pretty great within walking distance no matter where you are staying.

And Belmont Station too.