2019 Houston Texans Offseason

The Earl of Texas

Yeah I’m not gonna act like I study film on these guys. They may be great they may not be. Just thought we had young TE already with Ryan Griffin, Joran Thomas and Joran Akins? Have they given up on them? I don’t know. Thought Thomas and Akins showed some promise last year but I guess they don’t feel confident in coaching them up and would rather have someone already more complete at TE? 

3 minutes ago, texifornia said:

We do seem to be going long on projects, when our window is supposed to be now-near future. Howard and Warring will both be much better players in 2-3 years.

Arguments for hanging on to your job a year at a time when now isn’t working. “These guys are close. Another year we’ll see the payoff”.

We do seem to be going long on projects, when our window is supposed to be now-near future. Howard and Warring will both be much better players in 2-3 years.

What makes you think our window is now-near future? Our roster isn’t close to being championship caliber.

3 minutes ago, TonyTexas said:

What makes you think our window is now-near future? Our roster isn’t close to being championship caliber.

Watt is probably past his peak, Hopkins and Clowney are at their peaks now. Watson is on a rookie contract for 3 more years. The window for winning, according to recently formulas , is 3-4 years. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, texifornia said:

Yep, this is a great draft for 2021. Of course, this coaching staff hasn't been known for their ability to develop so that should be taken into account as well.

I like Akins though, thought he was doing fine, maybe he’s not much of a blocker or something but runs sharp routes and has good hands.

Patriots-tree loves two TEs, maybe it’s a must, but I wouldn’t have minded rolling with a developing Akins and drafting a S or a nickleback, but I will say the draftniks love the TE we grabbed.

EDIT: Made common sense to me that pick was due to arrest of TE, but maybe our TE freaked when we drafted another one haha. Thanks Murf for pointing that out.

Edited by The Earl of Texas

2 hours ago, Murfdogg21 said:

Texans draft fast, pass catching TE in 3rd round on Friday....

later that night....

Texans TE Ryan Griffin arrested for public intoxication and breaking a window in Nashville. He took the draft news about as well as Iconoclast. 

Well there’s another $2.7MM in salary space to throw at Clooney/Reader’s extension signing bonus...

1 hour ago, The Earl of Texas said:

Appears he was arrested Friday night, so texans knew when they made the pick.

Huh? They drafted the new TE around 8:30 Friday evening. Griffin got shithammered and arrested before 8:30? The article says he wasn’t arrested until 11:40pm last night. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Rip76 said:

Now we know why they went after a Tight End.

Texans' Ryan Griffin arrested in Nashville on public intoxication, vandalism charges

https://www.click2houston.com/news/texans-ryan-griffin-arrested-in-nashville-on-public-intoxication-vandalism-charges?utm_source=facebook&utm_medium=social&utm_campaign=snd&utm_content=kprc2

Get the fuck out of Houston Ryan. His “blocking” last year was pathetic.