Bill Barr Confirmation in Game Thread

Hugo Stiglitz

7 minutes ago, Chuckie Finster said:

Graham's transformation from "gay John McCain" to "gay Devin Nunes" over the past year or so is truly something to behold.  

tenor.gif?itemid=5833390

Sometimes losing your daddy messes you up.  He's clearly mourning the loss of McCain still.  He's acting out and seeking a new daddy (Trump).

1 minute ago, sachick said:

Do I want to listen to this from work? Is it a shit show or boring?

it's boring. this guy is not that interesting. someone got over on trump on this nomination. this guy seems actually qualified and sort of a straight shooter.

the only reason to watch is if you get off on old white dudes pontificating.

1 minute ago, sachick said:

Umm yeah. I’ll skip.

wise decision.

though i do have to say this guy seems to be fine for the job. this is rather far from a normal trump shitshow.

the memo is a weird thing as tantric points out, but his answers in front of the senate are confident and reasonable.

Cornyn throwing out there that the counterintelligence investigation into trump was nothing more than the FBI being used as a weapon against trump. Barr interjects that he’s not in a position to agree with that. 

Just now, tantric superman said:

So what's the lowdown on the memo Barr wrote to Trump?  Seems really fucking weird but so weird that there is probably a reasonable explanation for it.

He doesn't think presidents can obstruct justice.  And he recommended and engineered the Iran Contra pardons under Bush 1.  Bush only wanted to pardon a few, but Barr made him go all in and pardon everyone involved.

You know, in law, it's been my experience that as much fun you might have battling an opponent who is a bad lawyer, you get better results when you opposition is a worthy opponent and knows the law. 

If this guy is a step in terms of competence, then get him in. 

Dems need to concentrate on policy and putting out a good candidate in 2020 and stop focusing on all this obstruction stuff. 

• Like 1

Considering a mannequin is better than Matt Whitaker, getting virtually anyone else in there can't happen fast enough.  My glass half full hope is that Barr's experience and grasp of DoJ standards and norms would survive the shockwaves when Mueller makes his move. 

Meaningful oversight in the House and an experienced not entirely corrupt or incapacitated AG are probably the best conditions one can hope for entering the Octagon.

The Trumpkins are highly skeptical of this Bill Barr pick

Posted by Bunyan iconClemson.gif online on 1/15/19 at 8:51 am to cajunangelle
Barr is a terrible pick IMO 

Why would Dems fight the nomination...he has been personal friends with Mueller for 30 YEARS! 

WE should fight his nomination. Personally, I hope he doesn't get it

7 minutes ago, immamac said:

surprised there wasn't more interest in this. I thought it was a way better confirmation hearing than the clown show for supreme court we just had. This guy has been AG before though so I think he knows how to get it done.

The thing that bugged me with Barr is it doesn’t seem like he’s well up to date on the laws or areas he’s going to need mastery understanding.

I get the feeling he’s relying on knowledge he had 30+ years ago.

However, he does appear like a professional administrator and decenct guy. 

Point is, the bar is so low and I think that makes him look better than he really is. 

• 2 weeks later...