Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

On 4/28/2024 at 3:36 AM, Hank_Hill said:

Bear above is 35% Chow, 13% German, 13% Australian Cattle dog. I’ve never had much exposure to pure Chows but after 16 years with this guy I’d definitely recommend heavy mixes. Best dog I’ve been around.

Bailey the Mutt is half Chow and half Boston Terrier.  Very protective of the house, if she can hear the doorbell.  Gone deef.   

mutt.png

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, NorthLoop said:

I see she still has those Terminator eyes though. 

Right?  Except the only thing she terminates these days is breakfast and dinner at 4pm.  She became an Early Bird Special.

• Hook 'Em 1

Blue knows exactly where to hit the back screen door to pop it open and let herself outside. She takes a running leap, and right as she hit it, she turns her head back at you with a stupid dog grin on her face.

"Can't hold me back!"

• Hook 'Em 1

Posted (edited)

Granddog Toby - age 11 - has survived a year & a half after being diagnosed with Lymphoma. 
He is still active and getting along ok without any of the chemo type treatment….just steroids that made him gain some weight.

IMG_5520.jpeg

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 7
  • Like 1

Blue knows exactly where to hit the back screen door to pop it open and let herself outside. She takes a running leap, and right as she hit it, she turns her head back at you with a stupid dog grin on her face.
"Can't hold me back!"
Wife wants a heeler. I said no fucking way. I like lazy dogs. Newfies and Berners are my speed.
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Chewbacca said:
40 minutes ago, Deej said:
The heeler half makes them extremely intelligent and very loyal.

And insane. I like dogs that sleep in with me and don't need a 2 hour hike each day.

Not at all. I've gotten the best of both dogs out of all of them. The heeler in Blue keeps away the urge to escape and run that huskies have. The other breed takes the edge of the heeler traits. 

Gave the ButtNugget her first big girl chew bone yesterday.  She was so excited to have it, but didn't seem to know what to do with it, so I took it away as she just had this confused look.  Somewhere in the interim she must have figured things out because when I gave it back to her she gave me this look and then finished it in 15 minutes.

"COME AT ME BRO!!!"

IMG_4807.jpeg

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Like 2
  • Haha 2

19 minutes ago, Cajun said:

Gave the ButtNugget her first big girl chew bone yesterday.  She was so excited to have it, but didn't seem to know what to do with it, so I took it away as she just had this confused look.  Somewhere in the interim she must have figured things out because when I gave it back to her she gave me this look and then finished it in 15 minutes.

"COME AT ME BRO!!!"

IMG_4807.jpeg

6491213611_c4fc290a33_z.jpg

• Haha 2

5 hours ago, hookemATL said:

Sooooo tell me about this breed bc my wife just called and said she is adopting a 4mo vizla puppy. 

Are you getting him/her from a breeder in Livingston? If so, I can give you the breeder's phone number. She has been breeding and showing them in competitions for 17 years.

They are high energy, loyal, smart, stubborn, learn fast, beautiful, great with kids and very much own the name, "Velcro Dog."

Here is what the AKC says about them:

https://www.akc.org/dog-breeds/vizsla/

Dog&ducks.jpeg

Edited by Lidig8r
Imma Mohron.
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1