Time for another ‘my dog is awesome’ thread

Patricio Swayze

9 hours ago, Fudbelty said:

3:45a thunderstorms.

Maverick 9yo shaking his ass off. Surprised he’s not just a big blur. Gustopher 5mo sound asleep wondered why I came out to the couch. f6c708ce39eea464be39c01f9699a6e1.jpg

Small slices from a Delta 9 gummie will help a lot. I had to do that for my GSP in Puebla....fucking storms and/or fireworks every other fucking day.

On 2/10/2024 at 4:48 PM, dcbc said:

It's been brewing low key for a while, and this morning my wife suggested we get another dog as a birthday gift for our younger son. I initially was against it. So we compromised. Meet Archie the Golden Doodle

3900ba19e20890e5aa8cbd65103697bb.jpg

They left out the golden. 

• Hook 'Em 2
  • Haha 1

They left out the golden. 
I saw a picture of his parents.  Dad might have been the mailman's dog.  Because his poodle daddy has a white coat and mom looks like your typical golden retriever.  He sure is a cute little fella though.  

Now I'm reading that they can change colors over the first couple of years.  So he may lighten up, or not.  Our other retriever is half-lab and half-golden doodle and looks pretty much like a shaggy lab.  But her litter ranged from typical lab-coat to very curly like a poodle.  She was right in the middle.  Shaggy and sheds like crazy.

Archie was one of three remaining in his litter of 11.  Of the two other females, one was black with a little bit of white and was a mixture of black and golden.  She was a chunk and probably the reason Archie could stand to put on a few lbs. 

0704054aeb75f3c3c5f83b1d081ecc3e.jpg Edited by dcbc
  • Hook 'Em 1

7 minutes ago, Hook1997 said:

wtf is that on his left leg??   That’s not mud. 

I had to take a second look - it is the sole of his sandal. 
It appears that his foot slipped all the way through it while rasslin’ the dog out of a muddy creek.

Edited by Armybrat
  • Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, rage-a-holic said:

Please don't kill possums, they are bad ass.

Blue and Penny get so many possums, but even the ones I think they killed disappear out of the yard within 15 minutes of putting the dogs away. Those critters are tough sumbitches. 

6 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Had to say goodbye to one of my best friends of the last 14 years today. Her name was Avery.

At 8 weeks old she was left tied up in front of my future father in law's vet clinic. Freshly out of college and trying to figure out wtf our life would be, my then girlfriend and I decided she could stay with us until claimed (because of course someone couldn't have abandoned this incredible but insane little puppy?).

She was still there for us a year later when we returned home from our wedding and honeymoon.

She was still there for us another year later when we moved cities for law school.

She was still there for us three years later when we packed up what little we owned and moved across the country to New York City.

She was still there for us six years later while we quarantined in our Manhattan apartment during the early weeks of the pandemic.

She was still there for us the next two very trying years while we tried and failed to start a family. 

And she was still there for us last year when we brought our son home from the hospital. 

She was a good dog, and she was loved.

IMG_7349.JPG

IMG_7350.JPG

Beach.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

A&J.jpg

Sounds like she served an important purpose in your life. And you hers. And now her watch has ended. Good girl, Avery. 

• Hook 'Em 5

22 hours ago, Reynolds Woodcock said:

Had to say goodbye to one of my best friends of the last 14 years today. Her name was Avery.

At 8 weeks old she was left tied up in front of my future father in law's vet clinic. Freshly out of college and trying to figure out wtf our life would be, my then girlfriend and I decided she could stay with us until claimed (because of course someone couldn't have abandoned this incredible but insane little puppy?).

She was still there for us a year later when we returned home from our wedding and honeymoon.

She was still there for us another year later when we moved cities for law school.

She was still there for us three years later when we packed up what little we owned and moved across the country to New York City.

She was still there for us six years later while we quarantined in our Manhattan apartment during the early weeks of the pandemic.

She was still there for us the next two very trying years while we tried and failed to start a family. 

And she was still there for us last year when we brought our son home from the hospital. 

She was a good dog, and she was loved.

IMG_7349.JPG

IMG_7350.JPG

Beach.jpg

IMG_1792.jpg

A&J.jpg

Good girl, Avery.  Have fun with Chewy and Pepper until I get there.

• Hook 'Em 3
  • Like 1

I am now four years older than my dad was when he passed.  Sebastian is only 2 1/2 years old and lately, I've been thinking about what would happen to him If I were to die.  I think that I want to make some provision for him in my will.  Has anyone here done that?  Under Texas law, I guess he would be considered property (I'm sure he would disagree with that), so I would have to leave him to someone rather than having a guardian named for him.  

35 minutes ago, NeverMarryAStripper said:

I am now four years older than my dad was when he passed.  Sebastian is only 2 1/2 years old and lately, I've been thinking about what would happen to him If I were to die.  I think that I want to make some provision for him in my will.  Has anyone here done that?  Under Texas law, I guess he would be considered property (I'm sure he would disagree with that), so I would have to leave him to someone rather than having a guardian named for him.  

My will and my wife’s will both have provisions for what happens to our dog upon our death if one of us isn’t around to take care of him (or any other dog we may have in the future). It’s a pretty standard thing to have in a will as a pet owner.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Like 1

37 minutes ago, TOR said:

This thread made me realize Bailey has grown up here.  She was a street rescue, and all of you assholes made her a good girl.  13 years and OUsucks.  

Best thing I've read today.

• Hook 'Em 4