Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

6 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

The most logical players are Johnson and Hookfin. Both positions of need for Texas. The 9.95 guys are trying to lead you to believe its a Sanders type recruit and I just doubt it. 

This would make sense if not for the "changing crystal ball" part from EJ. Doesn't he have both already CB'ed to Texas? 

Maybe the crystal ball line was bullshit to hype up this commitment but that line doesn't make me think it's Johnson or Hoofkin. 

Edited by texasstrong12

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

Did not know that already took place. With that said, of the two shhhh’s, one has to be Caleb, right? Also, was it ever posted in here who the anonymous visitor is?

TFB said it's a 4* OL.  Some thought was it might be EJ Ndoma-Ogar, but his team has a playoff game Saturday.

Saw this somewhere else: 

TOS stating that neither “Shh” is for Sanders or McCoy. They are for high ceiling mid level prospects and play opposite sides of the ball.

Johnson is one, and that's a very big deal. He's as important as Bru imo. I kind of buy the idea that Hookfin wouldn't commit right before his OV but who knows. 

TFB update

***Source on the Alabama side told me today that they are feeling Georgia and Texas are more of a threat than they expected for 2019 5-star running back, Trey Sanders.

I’ll bottom line this for you, if Sanders wasn’t in that region I do think Texas could win. It’s a tough game recruiting in that SEC territory. So, I still lean towards Sanders staying in the SEC.

***On Bru McCoy, I continue to believe USC will ultimately win out in this one but McCoy’s have their final visit to USC this weekend so we should get a clear picture towards the end of the weekend.

***I know Charlie has already commented about the two shhh’s that are out. I’ll just add, they are on opposite sides of the ball and both very much positions of need.

This class may not end up with the stars but to keep this train moving Texas needs to continue to get quality players that they can turn into exceptional players and I think both of these guys are that.

***As you all know, there is a lot of smoke right now around Noah Cain and Penn State. I’ve had quite a few conversations about this in the past few days. You’ll recall my note from earlier in the week that Cain’s mother really likes Franklin.

I’ll post a more complete picture of what I’ve heard and offer my thoughts in a forthcoming update.

7 minutes ago, Bodacious Bevo said:

Saw this somewhere else: 

TOS stating that neither “Shh” is for Sanders or McCoy. They are for high ceiling mid level prospects and play opposite sides of the ball.

Johnson is one, and that's a very big deal. He's as important as Bru imo. I kind of buy the idea that Hookfin wouldn't commit right before his OV but who knows. 

These are the two I’m thinking. I’m also thinking Hoofkin is in but wants to keep it silent for the reason he hasn’t had his ov.

Fuck. I’m referring to Johnson and Hoofkin.

Edited by Wishbone

5 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB update

Reveal hidden contents

***Source on the Alabama side told me today that they are feeling Georgia and Texas are more of a threat than they expected for 2019 5-star running back, Trey Sanders.

I’ll bottom line this for you, if Sanders wasn’t in that region I do think Texas could win. It’s a tough game recruiting in that SEC territory. So, I still lean towards Sanders staying in the SEC.

***On Bru McCoy, I continue to believe USC will ultimately win out in this one but McCoy’s have their final visit to USC this weekend so we should get a clear picture towards the end of the weekend.

***I know Charlie has already commented about the two shhh’s that are out. I’ll just add, they are on opposite sides of the ball and both very much positions of need.

This class may not end up with the stars but to keep this train moving Texas needs to continue to get quality players that they can turn into exceptional players and I think both of these guys are that.

***As you all know, there is a lot of smoke right now around Noah Cain and Penn State. I’ve had quite a few conversations about this in the past few days. You’ll recall my note from earlier in the week that Cain’s mother really likes Franklin.

I’ll post a more complete picture of what I’ve heard and offer my thoughts in a forthcoming update.

So it's Hookfin then.

Edited by thepop

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

TFB update

Reveal hidden contents

Well that was fun while it lasted. Hookfin and Johnson it is...

Edited by RGBIII

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

Then EJ's Crystal Ball comment makes zero fucking sense having both Johnson and Hoofkin already CB'D to Texas. Goofy bastard...maybe someone over there will stop sniffing their own farts and call him out on it. 

That's probably why he made that comment.  "I'm not going to change my crystal balls"  because they're fucking already correct.

1 minute ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Then EJ's Crystal Ball comment makes zero fucking sense having both Johnson and Hoofkin already CB'D to Texas. Goofy bastard...maybe someone over there will stop sniffing their own farts and call him out on it. 

That would imply that any of them actually ever pay any attention to him. When they aren't expecting a pizza delivery, of course.

7 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

I interpreted it as him talking about other CB picks, like Bru McCoy, who he’s had for UT for a while. Not necessarily in regards to the current shh’s. I could be giving him entirely too much credit here.