Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

Johnson gave a silent and then immediately pushed his date back and committed to an OV with Mel Tucker at CU. That first "shhh" bullshit isn't even a given. 

The second one is not Hookfin. He's not holding off on committing for months and then turning around and committing before having the red carpet rolled out on his visit. 

49 minutes ago, Newy25 said:

LotusHorn is a psychopath and a pathological liar. That post of his eliminates Sanders as a candidate. 

I believe he posts here as HTownHorn.

• Like 5

1 minute ago, closetojumping said:

The second one is not Hookfin. He's not holding off on committing for months and then turning around and committing before having the red carpet rolled out on his visit.  

I feel pretty confident that you would be peacocking all over the place if it were Bragg (assuming you know who it is and not just who it is not), which leads me to believe it's going to be something of a letdown like EJNO or Coker.

1 minute ago, Katfid54 said:

I feel pretty confident that you would be peacocking all over the place if it were Bragg (assuming you know who it is and not just who it is not), which leads me to believe it's going to be something of a letdown like EJNO or Coker.

Contrary to claims otherwise, I don't do much bullshitting about things I pass on in this thread. If I had any fucking clue who the new commitment is, I'd probably at least say something. My Hookfin point was just me crazily attempting logic with this thread. I lean towards the premise that EJ Holland is full of shit, fundamentally, and knows nothing. I am skeptical that the commitment today is some sort of crazy surprise. Also, I mentioned a few pages but less than two hours ago that people inside Bama view Sanders going anywhere but Bama as pretty fucking farfetched. 

9 minutes ago, MoJames said:

Really gets under my skin when some bamatard says they embarrassed us in the NC.  This guys does a great job of letting us know his age as well seeing that Bama did jack shit from 1980 to 2007.

Unlike what they’ve done to others in this state, Alabama is still waiting for the first time they “embarrass” Texas on the field. Not saying they wouldn’t have in the past 8 years, but it has never happened.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RabidM said:

I actually like DJ Williams the most out of all of the backs we're recruiting, but it looks like he's using his last OV on Georgia.  I like Stevenson's film.  We'll have a better recruiting pitch than OU and a later visit date.  I like our chances as long as he doesn't shut it down early. 

I'm in the minority, but I like Derrian Brown over all the others. He's just so talented that I don't even worry if Cain or Sanders sign. We do need another back, and hopefully that Juco kid comes aboard, but if not we'll be ok for one year until Evans hops aboard. As long as our line shows improvement, and we don't regress, he's ours. 

2 minutes ago, GotThatFire said:

I may be a minority, but I have more confidence in Sanders then Evans. 

Why not both?

But seriously, and out of curiosity, where would you (or where does/has anyone else) project(ed) Evans to end up if not us? Aggy? Bammer?  OUsucks? (I haven’t looked too hard at 2020 yet).

52 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

I posted earlier, but EJNO has a playoff game Saturday at 4.  Yeah, it'd be a letdown if it was Coker, but he's not a 4*.

2 minutes ago, Wishbone said:

But seriously, and out of curiosity, where would you (or where does/has anyone else) project(ed) Evans to end up if not us? Aggy? Bammer?  OUsucks? (I haven’t looked too hard at 2020 yet).

The sotto voce implications are that Evans' recruitment is already dirtier than a gas station restroom, and it hasn't even really gotten started yet. So, Bammer or OU, more'n likely.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Walden Ponderer said:

The sotto voce implications are that Evans' recruitment is already dirtier than a gas station restroom, and it hasn't even really gotten started yet. So, Bammer or OU, more'n likely.

Thank you sir. That is exactly why I framed the inquiry the way I did. And, as a lifelong visitor of roadside gas station restrooms, I can appreciate the image I got in my head from your colorful analogy.

1 hour ago, MoJames said:

Really gets under my skin when some bamatard says they embarrassed us in the NC.  This guys does a great job of letting us know his age as well seeing that Bama did jack shit from 1980 to 2007.

Damnit, champshart is gonna fuck around and make me root for the sooners.

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

Johnson gave a silent and then immediately pushed his date back and committed to an OV with Mel Tucker at CU. That first "shhh" bullshit isn't even a given. 

I believe he posts here as HTownHorn.

It's amazing the amount of shit you talk about EJ, when you are just like him. Post information other people give you while at the same time having shitastic takes about the sport that are consistently proven wrong. The high comedy of you and carton talking shit to each other can only take place in the mind of a schiz.

Besides if anyone would be posting here as LotusHorn it would be you. You two are peas in a pod.

Edited by HtownHorn
  • Fuck You 1

25 minutes ago, Walden Ponderer said:

If it truly is that kind of recruitment, which I have zero insight into, then don’t discount the desperation of aggy. See Fisher, Jimbo and Elko, Mike.. and Carter, Scooby.. and Wright, Dylan.. and Foster, James...etc etc

3 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

If it truly is that kind of recruitment, which I have zero insight into, then don’t discount the desperation of aggy. See Fisher, Jimbo and Elko, Mike.. and Carter, Scooby.. and Wright, Dylan.. and Foster, James...etc etc

Aaannd that’s why I had aggy listed with Bama and OUsucks.

Edited by Wishbone

6 minutes ago, Vertigo said:

I'm no insider, but my impression based on the musings of the people I overhear who do have pretensions of being insiders is that if aggy is in it at all, it will look a lot like the Eric Dickerson recruitment -- they may get a foothold in Evans' garage, but they won't be invited in the front door.