Texas recruiting notes 2019

19 minutes ago, futureman said:

every year I read that okafor is gonna be awesome.

How many years has he gotten to play his actual position at guard?

8 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

Nope.

Kerstetter started at RT in the Maryland game.

Sadly, I checked the video of the game because you’re head is already much too big and the last thing this board needs is for you to be right about something. 

After skipping past Maryland going up 7-0, I got to the first play where we got a delay of game and Kerstetter was lined up at RT, so it was a beating on the level of reading about 100 failed attempts at being funny by  futureman in a row.

i seriously can’t believe the team that played against Maryland is the same team that stomped UGA in the Sugar Bowl. Fucking unreal. Credit to Herman and the staff for developing the team so much in one year, but also Herman needs to get next year’s team to a level where they never have a Maryland-quality performance all year. 

Edited by Burt Macklin

1 minute ago, Burt Macklin said:

Sadly, I checked the video of the game because you’re head is already much too big and the last thing this bird needs is for you to be right about something. 

After skipping past Maryland going up 7-0, I got to the first play where we got a delay of game and Kerstetter was lined up at RT, so it was a beating on the level of reading about 100 failed attempts at being funny by  futureman in a row. 

giphy.gif

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Burt Macklin said:

How many years has he gotten to play his actual position at guard?

Sadly, I checked the video of the game because you’re head is already much too big and the last thing this board needs is for you to be right about something. 

i seriously can’t believe the team that played against Maryland is the same team that stomped UGA in the Sugar Bowl. Fucking unreal. Credit to Herman and the staff for developing the team so much in one year, but also Herman needs to get next year’s team to a level where they never have a Maryland-quality performance all year. 

your

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Burt Macklin said:

Wasn’t Okafor ahead of Kerstetter at OT this past spring, until Cosmi took RT over and Anderson got in? Anyways, I liked Kerstetter at RT his freshmean year and he seemed like he could play there if he bulked up.

I’d like to see A GT at RT with Kerstetter as the backup at all 5 positions. Kerstetter is extremely valuable because he creates great depth for the OL with his versatility, even if he doesn’t start.

With Cosmi starting at RT during 2018, Kerstetter was used primarily as a backup at RG this past year.....  Not sure how he graded out for 2018?

1) What are folks hearing about Kerstetter's progress and upside after 2 Seasons?  

2) Having the ability to play more OL positions is great, but what OL position is Kerstetter best suited for?

3) If additional OL players are added to the 2019 Roster and 1 or 2 of the RS freshmen earn playing time ---- would Kerstetter be a redshirt candidate?

Edited by LTtxfan

On 12/28/2018 at 1:20 PM, Machinator said:

PWO QB prospect: http://www.hudl.com/v/2AQQsP

On 12/28/2018 at 1:47 PM, Hiphopopotamos said:

People were wondering how this guy was flying under the radar, looks like Dan Enos and Manny won't let him go undiscovered.

6 hours ago, LTtxfan said:

With Cosmi starting at RT during 2018, Kerstetter was used primarily as a backup at RG this past year.....  Not sure how he graded out for 2018?

1) What are folks hearing about Kerstetter's progress and upside after 2 Seasons?  

2) Having the ability to play more OL positions is great, but what OL position is Kerstetter best suited for?

3) If additional OL players are added to the 2019 Roster and 1 or 2 of the RS freshmen earn playing time ---- would Kerstetter be a redshirt candidate?

I would say, he pretty much red-shirted this year.

In 2019 Okafor will have had 2 winter conditioning periods, 2 spring practices, 2 summer conditioning periods, 2 fall camps, and a redshirt season since we saw him him last. Plus an upgrade in coaching from Warehime to Hand. He should be a significantly better player. I think it's safe to count on him to be a contributor next season. I'd think his floor is Vahe-level play. 

Like many others I would like to see him move inside and see if he could make a jump like Rodriguez did there. Regardless, we have 4 guys ready to contribute with 2 having the ability to flex inside or outside. I'm more worried about depth than the skill level of our starters next season. We got really lucky with OL injuries this year. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Vertigo said:

Save the day might be a bit much, but if I were putting two of Proctor, Angilau, or Hudson inside at guard, I would feel pretty good about having a much improved run game next year. 

Hudson?  Haven't heard much on how he is doing.  Anybody know if he is rehabbing and coming along ok?

7 minutes ago, Chopper said:

I forget where I heard, it may have been Howe, that Hudson is trying to come back.

One post stated that Hudson recently received good news from doctors and he plans on participating in Winter Workouts...... but there are still a lot of questions on whether medically Hudson will be able to return to playing football at Texas again.

2 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

One post stated that Hudson recently received good news from doctors and he plans on participating in Winter Workouts...... but there are still a lot of questions on whether medically Hudson will be able to return to playing football at Texas again.

Holy shit. That was posted here like 2 hours ago. 

Surly/Shaggy echo chamber all time high. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Pato del Muerto said:

This staff seems to prefer adding weight to OL recruits rather than shedding.  If that picture is current, maybe they weren’t pressing as hard as they could?  Looks to have long arms though. 

Thank God for him he has long arms or he might have a hard time reaching around to wipe his ass. 

• Haha 2

Just now, Pato del Muerto said:

Why don’t they just knock that class out at BYU online?

Actually outlawed by the NCAA because of Michael Lewis' book. 

You might have heard of The Blind Side. In the Diseny version, Kathy Bates is tutoring Michael Oher. In real life, the tutor was taking the classes for Oher. 

2 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

True, but try telling a JUCO he needs more summer school. 

I didn't mean he'd actually take it, just that it would appear on his transcript.

Also, I'm a little confused about this Henry thing, are we sure he's a math credit short? He's not an EE, so why wouldn't he just take that math credit this spring?