Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 hour ago, Newy25 said:

What's cool about that database, we as message board fans will know exactly who is asking to transfer. 

You know at least one sheep rapist is going to spend months trying to hack that database in an effort to hack it and add some Longhorns to the list.  #advantageaggy

xpost from the non-Texas thread ::

Another TCU/WR note ::

Cedar Ridge three-star receiver Jaylen Ellis tweeted on Monday night that he was visiting TCU this weekend for an official visit. I’ve been told by sources that he will not be visiting this weekend; I confirmed that news just moments ago. I’m not sure if a later date will happen or not. Ellis is committed to Baylor at the moment but still considering others including Texas. TCU may be focusing more of their efforts on Melissa receiver Kennedy Lewis and Jordan Kerley as outside targets.

sounds like TCU wanted him to NOT use his OV yet (they may be trying to save numbers or save his OV for later in the year). 

Something is gonna have to give with WR recruiting in the state. It's a damn Mexican standoff right now and it feels like once 1 or 2 guys go, the rest will fall in short order but it's a lot of waiting-and-seeing right now. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, golfclap said:

xpost from the non-Texas thread ::

Another TCU/WR note ::

sounds like TCU wanted him to NOT use his OV yet (they may be trying to save numbers or save his OV for later in the year). 

Something is gonna have to give with WR recruiting in the state. It's a damn Mexican standoff right now and it feels like once 1 or 2 guys go, the rest will fall in short order but it's a lot of waiting-and-seeing right now. 

How many Mexican wide receivers are we recruiting?

• Like 1

Composite just got updated. Liebrock is now a solid four star and up to #216 in the country. Roschon and Kenyatta fell a little bit. Everyone else stayed about the same. We're still fourth overall in average recruit rating.

Link: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Commits

Edited by Cashdaddyblumpkins

3 minutes ago, Cashdaddyblumpkins said:

Composite just got updated. Liebrock is now a solid four star and up to #216 in the country. Roschon and Kenyatta fell a little bit. Everyone else stayed about the same. We're still fourth overall in average recruit rating.

Link: https://247sports.com/college/texas/Season/2019-Football/Commits

Smith also climbed a little bit I think. Wasn't he #104 in the composite when he committed? 

And I just would like to know if you know what a plethora is. I would not like to think that a person would tell someone he has a plethora, and then find out that that person has no idea what it means to have a plethora.
A plethora is slightly more than a shitload, but quite a bit more than an assload.

14 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

FWIW,  Jeff Howe was on the horn and said the next commitment will make Todd O very happy.

Gotta be DLine, no?

Edit: or some LB that eats lightning and craps thunder.

Edited by nycHorn

10 hours ago, tokamak said:

Maybe he just went up there and discovered that their entire fanbase consists of vile subhumans who prioritize sports over the systematic sexual abuse of children. You know, as one does.

You've got to remember these are just simple football fans. They are people of the valley. The common clay of the old Rust Belt. You know .... perverts. 

Edited by Hornius Emeritus
  • Like 2

Really sucks that Roschon and Shepherd (ard?) weren't even in the top 30 in-state. Stupid Mike Farrel.

I really don’t know why y’all worry about this kind of stuff - the proof is down the road in a few years.

Losing good kids to OU and Stanford = sucks.

Poor rankings of dudes we know are good = who gives a fuck. Other than your mom who gave me a fuck last night and called me her tall iced latte
  • Like 1

Just now, closetojumping said:

Gbenda? I can’t figure out why you guys think he’s the guy Howe is talking about. He isn’t. Hell, who knows what the hell is going on with Gbenda? It doesn’t even sound like the schools really know. 

To be fair, I think I was only the only one who said Gbenda, and that was a wild guess

On second thought, it's obviously Thibodeaux