Texas recruiting notes 2019

24 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

https://247sports.com/player/triston-miller-46040133/

This is Herb Hand's most recent follow and he just recently decommitted from NC State. He's a 3 star in the composite but 4 star on 247. Maybe that's the confusion. 

The anonymity part makes you think it’s someone still committed elsewhere.  

1 hour ago, closetojumping said:

My view is that Herman woefully underestimated the scope of the role at Texas, and that he's been in over his head for the entirety of his time at the school, particularly on the personnel end. He's perhaps ratcheting up the learning curve and he's young, so I'm not writing him off. I do think he made idiotic hires coming through the door, he's done everything in his power to protect and defend those hires, and those hires have harmed his progression as head of the football org. That's brings me back to the point I made, which is that he's not the sharpest knife in the drawer.

Makes you wonder why blOU and A&M never had this problem with their recent hires, while we have now had it with both Strong and Herman. Perhaps our (Bellmont's) way of evaluating and searching for coaches is more broken than we realize.

• Fuck You 1

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Makes you wonder why blOU and A&M never had this problem with their recent hires, while we have now had it with both Strong and Herman. Perhaps our (Bellmont's) way of evaluating and searching for coaches is more broken than we realize.

A week from signing day is apparently peak satyanash....Jesus.

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Yeah, it’s almost like Lincoln Riley didn’t have to fire his DC midway through the season. Stoops sucking wasn’t news to anyone with a basic understanding of football.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I knew you were a sniveling little bitch but I didn’t realize you are also stupid.

• Like 5

7 minutes ago, satyanash said:

I think everyone realized a while back that having a dipshit (Patterson) and a well-meaning interim figurehead who wasn't cut out for the long-term role (Perrin) lead coaching searches is not ideal.

4 minutes ago, IDIOTsavant said:

A week from signing day is apparently peak satyanash....Jesus.

This dude always gives aggy the benefit of the doubt which is so odd. Using aggy as the blueprint for coaching hires is about as dumb as it gets. 

Yeah, let's follow A&M's model for coaching hires. They've had a lot of historic success. 

7 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I think everyone realized a while back that having a dipshit (Patterson) and a well-meaning interim figurehead who wasn't cut out for the long-term role (Perrin) lead coaching searches is not ideal.

Perrin made two hires and one just won national coach of the year in baseball. 

I don't think Perrin was fit for the long-term role but he hit a home run with that hire. 

Yet to be determined how Herman turns out  

Edited by texasstrong12

8 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

Yeah, it’s almost like Lincoln Riley didn’t have to fire his DC midway through the season. Stoops sucking wasn’t news to anyone with a basic understanding of football.

Riley inherited Stoops, and fired him after the RRS this year despite having made the playoffs saddled with him last season. He didn't bring him to blOU nor did he try and gladhandle him to a different asst. coaching title.

Edited by satyanash

E.J. on Bru McCoy

Tom Herman is currently on his in-home visit with Bru McCoy. The two actually hopped on FaceTime together to congratulate Jake Smith winning Gatorade Player of the Year. Smith and McCoy are friends and have been talking a lot lately. Smith thinks him and De'Gabriel Floyd will be able to convince him to join them at Texas.

6 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Riley inherited Stoops, and fired him after the RRS this year despite having made the playoffs saddled with him last season. He didn't bring him to blOU nor did he try and gladhandle him to a different asst. coaching title.

So your argument for why OU handled things correctly is that they fired a coach in the middle of the season after it was obvious he was shit the year before? 

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, texasstrong12 said:

So your argument for why OU handled things correctly is that they fired a coach in the middle of the season after it was obvious he was shit the year before? 

Riley was the OC at bloody East Carolina just four years ago when blOU found him. I really shouldn't have to argue that blOU has a better method of finding and evaluating coaches than us.

• Fuck You 1

3 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Riley was the OC at bloody East Carolina just four years ago when blOU found him. I really shouldn't have to argue that blOU has a better method of finding and evaluating coaches than us.

You're using the present tense. You realize that CDC hasn't conducted any football head coach searches at Texas, correct?

3 hours ago, Thiefery said:

I'd take Warren Beaty.. build that pipeline into LA

Warren Beaty has laid an unbelievable amount of pipe in LA.

3 hours ago, Machinator said:

About that...

3 hours ago, Hiphopopotamos said:

Wow.  Thats a great fucking hire. 

I think that Mack is going to be engaged in the process of being a head coach in Chapel Hill for at least 3 to 4 years. He finally experienced failure and then being run out of the HC job in Austin and I don't think that he wants consecutive failures to finish his career.

He's also playing with house money, so going for broke, employing the spread, shooting for the moon for a few years while lining up his replacement will then allow him to hand off the team to his chosen disciple and leave before the NCAA starts sniffing around. He can retire in his early 70s and hang out and be worshipped in North Carolina as long as he devotes some time and energy in his first few years back in town.

I'm not a Mack fan, but I think that UNC will do well. They've already flipped some players and jettisoned one or two who were committed there before he arrived.

9 minutes ago, satyanash said:

Nobody is denying other schools (like OU) make good hires. Riley was a great hire as an OC.

But in your normal bitch ways you used as it a slight at Texas. Herman has his issues but he just made the Big 12 championship game and NY 6 bowl in year 2. Ummm maybe wait a couple more years before you start questioning the hiring process (of Herman in particular) after we just had our best season this decade. 

Even dumber is you used aggy as an example of having a "better method of finding and evaluating coaches". Jesus. Are you  serious? 

Edited by texasstrong12
  • Like 2