Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

1 minute ago, pacman said:

uh...

Buechele and Ehlinger were strong mental evals? I'm happy with their growth there but not sure I would say they came here "strong" mentally.

I disagree. While they each made their share of freshman mistakes these kids went from highschool to trying to be the savior of s floundering blueblood and did it well.  I gotta give them props for that 

• Like 5

5 minutes ago, Sgt Hulk said:

Herman :  we beat the shit out of USC. Lost 3 games by a combined 9 points. Played in big12 title, playing in sugar bowl and have 2 receivers getting nfl draft grades 

Helton:  baby shark shark shark shark baby shark shark shark.   I came in ranked. Shit all over myself. Everyone wants me fired.  I hired a coach who was also canned for some guy from Utah state.  But we have snoop dog.  Fight on. 

Tough decision 

If only every teenage athlete with unlimited potential thought like you....

The thought process goes more along the lines, My friends and family are close. I loved this school as a kid. USC just needs to add me to the offense/defense, and the rest of the 2019 class to the team, and they will be contenders again.

Or, do you really think 5* recruits don't believe they can change the trajectory of a program?

Edited by pacman
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, pacman said:

If only every teenage athlete with unlimited potential thought just internet poster with no athletic future hulk.

The thought process goes more along the lines, My friends and family are close. I loved this school as a kid. USC just needs to add me to the offense/defense, and the rest of the 2019 class to the team, and they will be contenders again.

Or, do you really think 5* recruits don't believe they can change the trajectory of a program?

Speaking of Internet poster with no athletic future 

4 minutes ago, pacman said:

If only every teenage athlete with unlimited potential thought like you....

To address your last statement pertaining to changing trajectory of a program. How about the 5 star Texas kids that joined Texas to change the trajectory?  Or was that bama uga ohio state. I can’t recall.  Too many kids who grew up loving Texas playing on the playoffs right now 

31 minutes ago, Katfid54 said:

This all but confirms the silent is Kennedy Lewis.

Nahlin spoke about Kennedy Lewis a little bit on the podcast last week - he's a big fan of Kennedy and said he would have taken him over Powell's commitment (this was before Powell de-committed).  So I know Nahlin thinks this is an upgrade even if the ranking doesn't show it.

QB - done

RB - desperately need a second guy, preferably someone who can play early

OT - done, assuming Hookfin is in

Interior OL - desperately need someone, including a player who can contribute immediately (and preferably at center)

TE - done

Outside WR - Need a second guy, maybe not desperate depending on who returns next season. If Washington flips this becomes desperate.

Inside WR - done

DE - done, assuming Warren signs

DT - done, based on the way this staff approaches interior DL recruiting and development

LB - done, assuming Caleb Johnson is in

Outside corner - done, assuming whatever nonsense Kenyatta Watson Sr. had going on has been resolved

Nickel - Need, whether or not this is urgent depends on how you feel about someone like Chris Adimora

Field/Boundary Safety - done

Special teams - need competition at punter, but probably not going to address it with a scholarship this cycle

Edited by Machinator
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Yesh said:

The running back room is about to thin drastically. The one that "hurts" is Toneil Carter, who will transfer. Look for Texas to trade one transfer for a grad transfer who is yet to be determined. Also, a grad transfer who is determined.

What?

I believe that's peak-9.95er-ese for "they've located a grad transfer RB who's interested in Texas."

Edit: actually, not sure if he means grad transfer RB, or grad transfer in general. Fucking Nahlin.

Edited by Machinator

4 minutes ago, Machinator said:

I believe that's peak-9.95er-ese for "they've located a grad transfer RB who's interested in Texas."

Edit: actually, not sure if he means grad transfer RB, or grad transfer in general. Fucking Nahlin.

I actually read it to mean 'motivated'.  I think it was a poor attempt at a turn of phrase.  I don't think he is implying that Texas has a grad-transfer RB already identified.

18 minutes ago, South Austin said:

I'm just not going to get my dick hard over this Sanders talk, but perhaps I need to refill my prescription.  I think the best we can hope for at this point is for another Tre Watson to fall in our laps. 

I hope Drayton gets that HC gig.

Edited by cdain3

38 minutes ago, Mack City Bitch said:

I miss the days Higdon would give us a puzzle that took 75 pages of shaggy to never come close to deciphering

“The number 3 represents player x because he told me, in confidentiality, he got potty-trained at age 3.....can’t believe you guys couldn’t figure this one out.”

• Like 4
  • Haha 1

11 minutes ago, Sgt. Slaughter said:

“The number 3 represents player x because he told me, in confidentiality, he got potty-trained at age 3.....can’t believe you guys couldn’t figure this one out.”

The number 84 is the middle two digits of my second son's social security number.  My second son was born on July 3rd (7/3), and Recruit X was born on the inverse date, March 7th (3/7).  lol Really thought you guys would get this one.