Texas recruiting notes 2019

E.J. Holland: TCU OL commit officially visiting Texas this weekend

Texas is hosting another key recruit this weekend. Horns247 has learned that Katy Taylor offensive lineman Andrew Coker is on campus for an official visit this weekend. A three-star prospect, Coker has been committed to TCU since May, but the Longhorns have been working hard on him and appear to have his attention. Texas currently holds two offensive line commits this cycle and is looking to add at least two more pieces upfront. At 6-foot-6, 310 pounds, Coker is ranked as the No. 42 offensive tackle in the country and No. 69 overall prospect in the state, per 247Sports Composite.

Super K on Marcus Washington

I checked with Washington’s father earlier today via text to see if they might take a last minute trip over to Missouri. Washington’s father did not answer in the affirmative but he also did not deny the possibility of it happening.

After that I checked with a source and was told that Missouri has been trying to get Washington up on a visit this weekend.

I can’t confirm yet if that’s going to happen but based on the answer I received, I wouldn’t be at all surprised if it does.

I can tell you that while the family may prefer Washington stay closer to home, Texas continues to recruit Marcus himself and believe that they can ultimately hold on to him.

I’ll try to find out if Washington does indeed make a trip to Missouri this weekend. If he does, I’d imagine that will make it that much more difficult. If not, Texas should feel much better about their chances.

Just now, billfromlaketravis said:

Good luck on that assumption. 

If Karen cashes out her Key Largo time share, Texas is screwed.

I think we'll do better in 2020 because a) we can't do much worse than we did in 2019, whether by choice or by whiff b) on-the-field results usually translate to the next recruiting cycle. I'm not delusional enough to think it's going to be a repeat of 2018.

• Like 2

As weird as this ‘19 class has been; it can’t be overstated enough what the 2018 Texas team has done for the ‘20 recruiting class. If they don’t go to CCG and a big bowl ny6 game, then there’s a chance the ‘20 class of recruits would be a struggle for Herman and Co. 

• Like 1

Here's a WR Roster Breakdown.....

• WRActive: 11Recruits: 3
    • SENIOR                                                 SOPHOMORE
      • J. Heard6-2 / 195.                              NONE

• JUNIOR.                                               FRESHMAN
Edited by LTtxfan

5 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Heard graduates, Jamison moves back to defense, who the fuck knows with Pouncey? So that's 8 currently active with 2 guaranteed incoming (make it 3 with Kennedy Lewis) meaning a total of 11 active receivers for 2019 assuming no redshirts in the incoming class.

Edited by UDontKnow

Just now, UDontKnow said:

Heard graduates, Jamison moves back to defense, who the fuck knows with Pouncey? So that's 8 currently active with 2 guaranteed incoming (make it 3 with Kennedy Lewis) meaning a total of 11 active receivers for 2019 assuming no redshirts in the incoming class.

Is that good?

21 minutes ago, LTtxfan said:

Glad  that J.Burt, A.Woodard, and M.Epps were able to Redshirt this yr.

At least Woodard and Epps will both still be RS Freshmen..... so that helps balance out numbers between Freshman & Soph Clases for 2019.

Edited by LTtxfan
  • Like 1