Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

16 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That's how I'm trying to rationalize  it, but we're running out of prospects, and this just seems like a weak take and hope for the best. His film is meh. Maybe Yancy can make something out of him. I guess if Hand wants him, I'll be all in for the time being. I'm just skeptical. Hand is human, he does make mistakes, remember that.

What's wrong with Coker's film?

17 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

That's how I'm trying to rationalize  it, but we're running out of prospects, and this just seems like a weak take and hope for the best. His film is meh. Maybe Yancy can make something out of him. I guess if Hand wants him, I'll be all in for the time being. I'm just skeptical. Hand is human, he does make mistakes, remember that.

Yeah he’s human but this is his job to pick the type of guy that he thinks  can succeed under our offense. Coker is a guy that you only can take if you’ve been doing this for  years. He’s watching Coker’s whole film so he could see that his faults are coach able and can enhance his strengths that he already has with better technique.

Im tired of seeing ppl calling 3 star dudes “just getting for depth” or “need more bodies”. I guess cosmi was just another bodie. Sure they can be projects but there is tremendous value in them and it only takes one coach to flip the switch and unlock the potential. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Barry_McCokiner said:

LSU, Ohio St, Georgia, ou, Michigan, MIami, Florida, Florida St, oklahoma st., there's about 20 other offers.  All uncommittable?  Saban strike you as the type of guy with time to visit "ceremonial, non-committable" offers?  I would tell you to trust guys like Harbaugh and riley over the recruiting dorks, but they have him as a four star as well.  

Shut the fuck up, Barry.

Yeah he’s human but this is his job to pick the type of guy that he thinks  can succeed under our offense. Coker is a guy that you only can take if you’ve been doing this for  years. He’s watching Coker’s whole film so he could see that his faults are coach able and can enhance his strengths that he already has with better technique.
Im tired of seeing ppl calling 3 star dudes “just getting for depth” or “need more bodies”. I guess cosmi was just another bodie. Sure they can be projects but there is tremendous value in them and it only takes one coach to flip the switch and unlock the potential. 
I couldn't care less if he's a 2 star 3 star or 4 star. Connor William's was a 3 star and so was Sam Cosmi. Stars are meaningless unless you're a cant miss 5 star, unless you're Walker Little who underperforms

Sent from my SM-G930P using Tapatalk

Lotus again? Fucking fuck. 

If we're going to chase all the rumors, even the made up Lotus shit might as well check aggy - via TexAgs by way of Aggy 247 ::

Reading rumors that Mowry is there with Coker. Mowry has to get it together in the classroom before we let him sign so maybe he's looking for a backup plan

22 minutes ago, Spider2YBanana said:

He's slow and he's stiff. He doesn't have great feet, either. Admittedly, I'm not a linemen expert, but there was a massive difference in Hudson's film, Kerstter, and Imadi. They looked much different and more aggressive.

Don't agree at all, definitely is a rs though.

Edited by pacman

4 hours ago, closetojumping said:

I know this won’t be a popular opinion, but I just read the last 4-6 pages on here and it is fucking hilarious. The LotusHorn trolling and commentary; some rando showing up to school everyone on Glass, Saban and visits; the Glass news and non-news without even a vague consideration for the premise that there is no fucking need for secrecy regarding a visit from Glass; SydneyCarton inevitably remembering the wrong guy and 10 people rushing to correct him; and all of the secret visitor handwringing. Thanks guys. 

Also, the recruiting services are almost certain to fuck the handling of this visit up now that they know. 

That is a lot of fairly precise speculation coming from someone who has absolutely no information about what is happening. But nice way to try to spin it like you do.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 1

2 hours ago, Spider2YBanana said:

I couldn't care less if he's a 2 star 3 star or 4 star. Connor William's was a 3 star and so was Sam Cosmi. Stars are meaningless unless you're a cant miss 5 star, unless you're Walker Little who underperforms

We have had our share of wash out five stars too. 

Spider banana you are wrong man.

Coker is exactly the type of guy we need. Yes his footwork needs much improving, and his first step is a little slow right now. Most of what I see is coachable and improvable in the weight room and learning better technique. The most important things I see from Coker is in his attitude in blocking and his sheer desire to finish blocks. He seems to block with an edge and that’s the attitude we need up front

Edited by taybo20