Texas recruiting notes 2019

From EJ,

There have been a lot of questions in regards to four-star St. Louis Trinity Catholic (MO) wide receiver Marcus Washington today thanks to his tweet about having his mind made up. So could a decision come soon? We’re definitely not ruling a commitment before the middle of October. That’s kind of what we’ve been hearing timeline wise, and we still feel strongly about where Texas sits. Bryan Carrington has done a tremendous job in this recruitment, and Texas knocked it out of the park on his OV.

• Like 1

Almost feel as if winning big may not have as much impact on 2019 class as it would have previous years. There were legit guys like  Browning, Dobbins who were  supposedly waiting to see how Texas did on the field and we shat the bed. THis year , suppose we have a 10 win season, I doubt guys like Leal, Demani etc. give us a 2nd look.

5 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Almost feel as if winning big may not have as much impact on 2019 class as it would have previous years. There were legit guys like  Browning, Dobbins who were  supposedly waiting to see how Texas did on the field and we shat the bed. THis year , suppose we have a 10 win season, I doubt guys like Leal, Demani etc. give us a 2nd look.

The impact of winning is always delayed by one cycle. A 10-win season would help our 2020 class massively.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

With the feeling like Washington might be the silent commit and Mookie Cooper's comments about playing with one or more teammates in college, I wonder if their ILB Shammond Cooper is still in play?  Anyone have any recent updates there or are we all in on Gbenda and the Iowa State JUCO guy?

Gbenda, Floyd, Iowa St. guy, Cooper, Bru, and Lakia Henry.

12 minutes ago, horn_of_the_morning said:

Ignoring the $ part of it aggy and jimbo can still sell the future.

6 minutes ago, PNWhornsfan said:

With the feeling like Washington might be the silent commit and Mookie Cooper's comments about playing with one or more teammates in college, I wonder if their ILB Shammond Cooper is still in play?  Anyone have any recent updates there or are we all in on Gbenda and the Iowa State JUCO guy?

here is the latest need someone with vip

Edited by Carl Winslow

Yep. It’s because there’s a shiny new 75 million dollar toy. Just like hermans 1st season didn’t impact the class. Next year though, will be interesting. A lot of kids are committing earlier too since you can take OV’s early. Which kind of hurts. Might’ve had a better chance with wilson if he waited to see that we actually throw the ball.

Just now, Elmer_Fudd said:

If we end up taking the JUCO LB from Iowa State would we be done at LB or still take someone like Cooper if he wanted to come?

Now lets get a couple of DL guys.

I think we're good at DT. We do need some DE's ready to go. Chisholm is redshirting. Christmas is showing signs of life. And then there's 1.25 Coburns transforming into 0.75 Coburns. Wilbon has another year. Graham can play inside on passing downs.

We're in good hands with Bimage and Graham at DE, but we need more depth. 

9 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think we're good at DT. We do need some DE's ready to go. Chisholm is redshirting. Christmas is showing signs of life. And then there's 1.25 Coburns transforming into 0.75 Coburns. Wilbon has another year. Graham can play inside on passing downs.

We're in good hands with Bimage and Graham at DE, but we need more depth. 

Where is Mike Williams projected?  And is Ossai not a DE? 

2 minutes ago, BigVegasHorn26 said:

Where is Mike Williams projected?  And is Ossai not a DE? 

Williams is a little short to stay at DE, but it could happen. I think he'll flex between DE and DT. 

I don't think we've had a player capable of playing B Backer in the Herman Era. Ossai could be the first.