Texas recruiting notes 2019

31 minutes ago, billfromlaketravis said:

I think we're good at DT. We do need some DE's ready to go. Chisholm is redshirting. Christmas is showing signs of life. And then there's 1.25 Coburns transforming into 0.75 Coburns. Wilbon has another year. Graham can play inside on passing downs.

We're in good hands with Bimage and Graham at DE, but we need more depth. 

Sweat may play at strong side DE but DT seems like the better bet.  

Edited by Mdhorn

Just read the Trey Sanders articles.  Wiltfong did a guest appearance on no interviews please and said that Sanders is basically locked into Bama.  They've been recruiting him for years and his parents want him there.  If he doesn't go there, Florida is the 2nd in line with his brother playing there.  We need to start looking for another back to go along with Brown.  Maybe Glass or that Louisiana kid.  

Edited by victory88

There are 5 open scholarships and 19 seniors on scholarship now (which includes Allsup and Durst). Meaning the floor is 24. There is room to count 6 to the 2018 class, so the ceiling would be 30. I think based on how well the GT's have done, Herman will keep open 1-3 spots for them to supplement the HS/JUCO talent

45 minutes ago, HtownHorn said:

There are 5 open scholarships and 19 seniors on scholarship now (which includes Allsup and Durst). Meaning the floor is 24. There is room to count 6 to the 2018 class, so the ceiling would be 30. I think based on how well the GT's have done, Herman will keep open 1-3 spots for them to supplement the HS/JUCO talent

The 25 man class counter (plus EE room from the prior years) is the governor on class size, not the 85 man roster that we'll probably be way under for at least two more years 

2 hours ago, victory88 said:

Just read the Trey Sanders articles.  Wiltfong did a guest appearance on no interviews please and said that Sanders is basically locked into Bama.  They've been recruiting him for years and his parents want him there.  If he doesn't go there, Florida is the 2nd in line with his brother playing there.  We need to start looking for another back to go along with Brown.  Maybe Glass or that Louisiana kid.  

Oh no our coaches have no idea we're dooooomed

Sanders is as dream but worth a shot. The staff has been after N. Cain for a while. We have a much better shot with him then Sanders

1 hour ago, Mother mopar said:
10 hours ago, victory88 said:

Read more  

Sanders is as dream but worth a shot. The staff has been after N. Cain for a while. We have a much better shot with him then Sanders

Are you sure? I haven’t heard much about Cain in awhile.

I'm skeptical Texas will get any of the really elite backs this year, but that's ok.  I think Brown is pretty good, and I am comfortable with Ingram for the next few years too.  2020 have a lot of good targets at RB too.  Overall, this is almost guaranteed to be a Top 10 class at worst, with really at this point the lines being the last true concerns to me.  Bragg is the biggest miss to me, as a few other misses (Wilson for example) is fine with who else we have gotten so far this cycle.

This.  Bragg is the biggest miss.  Fuck Stanford.

I remember early in his recruitment maybe spring or even earlier IT kept saying if Texas pushed he’d be a longhorn. Also made other references that Texas was slow playing him. Not like there was better options but they weren’t pushing/rushing him. Idk exact wording but they made it sound like he could’ve been a longhorn a long time ago.

9 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

I remember early in his recruitment maybe spring or even earlier IT kept saying if Texas pushed he’d be a longhorn. Also made other references that Texas was slow playing him. Not like there was better options but they weren’t pushing/rushing him. Idk exact wording but they made it sound like he could’ve been a longhorn a long time ago.

He was never going to be a Longhorn with acceptance into Stanford, whether UT was all over him or not. 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

His mom is an AP chemistry teacher, of course she dreamed her son would go to Stanford.

7 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Then again all 9.95ers make it seem like Texas has a real chance against Stanford when in reality they don’t.

I think it was a case of the kid really liking Texas, but like in a lot of cases going where mom's leaning. I think Bragg really liked Texas, 995s probably underestimated mom a bit. That became clear at the end. 

10 minutes ago, utexas8 said:

Then again all 9.95ers make it seem like Texas has a real chance against Stanford when in reality they don’t.

We will go through this again next cycle with Lindberg.  Hopefully Herman puts an end to this shit.  Momma Bragg and the Little's are already pushing Stanford to the Lindberg family.

6 minutes ago, Elmer_Fudd said:

We will go through this again next cycle with Lindberg.  Hopefully Herman puts an end to this shit.  Momma Bragg and the Little's are already pushing Stanford to the Lindberg family.

It's an uphill battle, but we're gunna have to sell Hand on these OL kids with the job he's done this year etc... It's hard to go up against what Shaw does with getting these kids ready for the pros + the hype of that Stanford education. 

TBH, I don't think Little is progressing very well at Stanford in the little time I've seen him. Maybe just me. 

4 minutes ago, UncleBuck said:

It's an uphill battle, but we're gunna have to sell Hand on these OL kids with the job he's done this year etc... It's hard to go up against what Shaw does with getting these kids ready for the pros + the hype of that Stanford education. 

TBH, I don't think Little is progressing very well at Stanford in the little time I've seen him. Maybe just me. 

He obviously isn't BIG 12 ready still...

In all seriousness, i really thought he was gonna commit to the good guys, I bought into the info from his nerd buddy in HS

TFB on Marcus Washington: https://texas.thefootballbrainiacs.com/2018/10/open-post-monday-october-1st/

Trending | Marcus Washington
– Super K

I know some of you have asked about this tweet by recent Texas visitor and top wide receiver target, Marcus Washington…

To answer your questions, yes it has to do with recruiting.

This one is trending Texas. But keep in mind that Washington’s family is very close to the Missouri and Ohio State staff. Also, the head coach at Trinity played at Missouri.

However, as I was told by Washington’s brother after their visit to Texas, Texas took the lead on the most recent visit and things have continued to trend Texas’ direction.

Washington was hoping to get to the Red River game this weekend but it’s looking less and less likely that it’ll happen due, in part, to transportation issues.

4 minutes ago, Mother mopar said:
2 hours ago, Luka Skywalker said:
Are you sure? I haven’t heard much about Cain in awhile.

No news is good news but our biggest threat is LSU and the way they're playing is helping our cause.

...in what world does LSU going undefeated with wins over Miami and Auburn help our cause?

• Like 4