Texas recruiting notes 2019

bigup2dahorns

35 minutes ago, victory88 said:

Okay... Just watched these highlights of Whittington.  That kid is ridiculously good.  Don't forget, he was a 5 star when the year started and dropped down for no reason because of his injury.  Same with Marcus Washington.  

Yeah, ESPN had Washington as the 11th overall prospect in the country in their intitial Jr300 list. Was no mention of UT being a possibility at that time either....

10 minutes ago, Fondren & Main said:

Why do y’all give a fuck about his star rating?  He’s a baller and we can all see that.  We need defensive and offensive linemen to start fucking people up.

Ah yes, a conversation about how awesome our WR recruit is on a day when we signed a 4-star lineman, and we still get a "WHERE'S THE BEEF" post.

I like when we get back to our comfortable rhythms.

Edited by texifornia
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Richter said:

I’m not necessarily an Xs and Os guy, but I’d kinda like to see a four wide set with Smith and Whittington on opposite slots and LJH and CJ on the outside.

I would like to see more 4-wideout looks next season too, but Tom is pretty stubborn about running 11 personnel.

What does seem plausible is putting one of Jake or Jordan in the backfield for a few plays then lining the other one up at Z receiver in place of Duvernay.

Edited by Machinator

Other reasons to be excited with this class. We got speed at LB. We got size and speed at CB. We potentially got a better QB recruit than what we signed last year. Our WR haul is fantastic. While our line quantity is light, the quality is pretty good. Solid class and we didn’t lose any of the out of state guys on signing day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 4

1 minute ago, DeweyCox said:

I don’t care if he is partial to aggy unless he is violating rules. If he is dirty, it will catch up to them and I don’t want us to have anything to do with cheating.

You don’t care if he’s partial to aggy? Are you serious? Cmon dude...