Get Ready For An Offensive Explosion

Vertigo

With one of the main knocks against Texas this year being a lack of explosive offense, what did we do? We went out and signed the most explosive players in the country at every single skill position on the field. I didn't realize how impressive this actually was until I put it on paper. Plus we get two more years of Sam. This is going to be fun:

Gatorade national player of the year - WR Jake Smith

Maxwell national player of the year and composite 5*-  WR Bru McCoy

UA All America game MVP - WR Marcus Washington

State record holder for rushing in a title game and composite 5 *-  RB/WR Jordan Whittington

Georgia offensive state player of the year - RB Derrian Brown

Under Armor All American - QB Roschon Johnson

Under Armor All American - TE Brayden Liebrock

Plus an under the radar high upside WR in Kennedy Lewis 

• Like 4

^
Exactly what I was thinking.  First year we had the Longhorn Network, I'd watch the Mack Brown presser and each time he said "explosive play", I'd take a drink.  Got 'faced.  

36 minutes ago, CastHorn said:

Jordan’s probably the only one who sees consistent playing time.

I see Brown getting consistent playing time if he can catch out of the backfield.  He'll have to learn protection but IMO this offense doesn't rely on a back having to do blitz pickup a ton.  guy looks pretty damn good.

we see this storyline every year - look at all the freaks we signed!  Guess what, doesn't mean anything without good blocking and schemes of misdirection and creating space. The O production has improved mainly due to Sam and 84/9 with due respect to an improved OL.  But the OL is always the heart of the offense.. would love to see a list of 4 or 5* lineman.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, NowThis said:

we see this storyline every year - look at all the freaks we signed!  Guess what, doesn't mean anything without good blocking and schemes of misdirection and creating space. The O production has improved mainly due to Sam and 84/9 with due respect to an improved OL.  But the OL is always the heart of the offense.. would love to see a list of 4 or 5* lineman.

We signed four OL last year (three of whom were four stars and all of whom redshirted this year) and three four star OL this year (though we will likely lose the lowest rated of the three). We already have two OL signed to the 2020 class and are in great shape for two others. That isn't counting Calvin Anderson and the one or two grad transfers we likely get this year. Our OL is in the best shape it's been in a decade.  

• Like 3

I thought we did okay against a decent team in the Sugar Bowl.

49 minutes ago, HOOK'EMHOOAH said:

I'm fucking ready for the season now. The victory in the sugar bowl was like blood in the water. These boys got a sniff of it and now all chips are in the middle. Someone might actually get killed against Texas next year...

Show me a motherfucking loss!

I'll take a 2 score victory. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, TheFlyingBoat said:

Lindberg, Parr, Majors, Garth, Johnson, Hookfin, Angilau, Moore, are all guys I like a lot.

He said next year. 

Ghirmai, Okafor, Imade, Kerstetter, Cosmi, Angilau, Shack, Johnson, hopefully GT x2

Pray we don't need Moore or Jones unless they are ahead of the curve.