5 HPD Officers Shot

Lobwedgephil

35 minutes ago, Foggy Notion said:

According to this Houston Chronicle article three days after the raid, HPD identified the powder as cocaine. At this point, Art was still shooting down conspiracy theories and maintaining the story that a confidential informant had bought heroin at the house. 

https://www.houstonchronicle.com/houston/article/Powder-found-in-police-raid-identified-13578839.php

Three freakin' days?  I'm not buying it.  The test kits officers carry in their cars can identify cocaine in seconds.  Just more evidence tampering on behalf of the heroes of HPD.

• Like 1

Three freakin' days?  I'm not buying it.  The test kits officers carry in their cars can identify cocaine in seconds.  Just more evidence tampering on behalf of the heroes of HPD.
Obviously not hitching my wagon to the cop train, but those test kits are garbage and have been proven so. I think one lady did some jail time because a test kit found her empty bag of cotton candy to have traces of meth. Probably in this case, with two innocents dead, it took 3 days in a lab, which is pretty quick for government work.
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Obviously not hitching my wagon to the cop train, but those test kits are garbage and have been proven so. I think one lady did some jail time because a test kit found her empty bag of cotton candy to have traces of meth. Probably in this case, with two innocents dead, it took 3 days in a lab, which is pretty quick for government work. 

They can't just wet their finger and taste it like they did on Miami Vice?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

36 minutes ago, Dewey said:
45 minutes ago, Johnny Sack said:
They can't just wet their finger and taste it like they did on Miami Vice?

That's frowned upon, other things, not so much, but dont do that.

Yeah, if I'm a defense attorney and I know that LEOs do that I'd be like, "Don't worry buddy, you'll walk free as soon as I get the order for the hair test."

That said, shit ain't hard.  Little scoop in the baggie turns blue and you pretty much have an idea...

field-drug-test-pink-over-blue-determine

Edited by Cajun

10 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Just wanted to note that we flagged the “hmmm....something smells about this one” back around post 76 (I read the first info about the victims and posted about it, Lat followed with his concerns not long after). Historically, we’re not too bad at sniffing bullshit like this out. Hell, see how the initial reaction to the Jussie Smollett report around here was “yeah, that sounds fishy AF.” Pretty decent bullshit detectors around these parts, when we deploy them objectively.

Bullshit

3 hours ago, Dewey said:
3 hours ago, SHOOTER12 said:

Touche because this is true.

We putting down odds on the outcome yet?

My prediction: Goines gets thrown under the bus, "he's a lone rogue cop, and we're as mad as anyone that he jeopardized the lives of some of the brave men who protect the people."  And that's it.  No further consequences, any facts implicating a systemic problem and multiple dirty cops will get swept under the rug.  And even then, Goines will sell himself as a man who just so loves the people, and so wants to save us from the scourge of illegal drugs, that darnit, he just got carried away.  Really, his only crime is loving and protecting the people TOO much.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

My prediction: Goines gets thrown under the bus, "he's a lone rogue cop, and we're as mad as anyone that he jeopardized the lives of some of the brave men who protect the people."  And that's it.  No further consequences, any facts implicating a systemic problem and multiple dirty cops will get swept under the rug.  And even then, Goines will sell himself as a man who just so loves the people, and so wants to save us from the scourge of illegal drugs, that darnit, he just got carried away.  Really, his only crime is loving and protecting the people TOO much.

See my previous pic for his true punishment if that's the case.

Take some solace in that.

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

so one cop can get a no-knock warrant just for the asking?

I know the answer, but the question doesn't just scream off the page at anyone else?

I'm not discounting your scenario.  I'm just saying as a citizen, "Fuck no, that doesn't begin to cover the responsibility up in this place..."

Just now, slorch said:

so one cop can get a no-knock warrant just for the asking?

I know the answer, but the question doesn't just scream off the page at anyone else?

I'm not discounting your scenario.  I'm just saying as a citizen, "Fuck no, that doesn't begin to cover the responsibility up in this place..."

Your mistake is in thinking what the citizens think matters.  To the PD, it doesn't matter.  At all.

4 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Your mistake is in thinking what the citizens think matters.  To the PD, it doesn't matter.  At all.

well, there's still a gaggle of shitty lawyers that surely wouldn't stop at that explanation for the Tuttle/ Nicholas estate.

Do your job, fuckers.

Well if they do their "job", which may entail exposing facts that might otherwise never see the light of day, then I'm not sure why you choose to denigrate them by calling them "shitty" "fuckers". 

I mean aside from the fact that you're a dipshit, of course.  

3 minutes ago, Player said:

Well if they do their "job", which may entail exposing facts that might otherwise never see the light of day, then I'm not sure why you choose to denigrate them by calling them "shitty" "fuckers". 

I mean aside from the fact that you're a dipshit, of course.  

wow.  take a jab at lawyers and ya go personal?

seeking warrant now...

23 hours ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

I don’t think we need too much conspiracy here. Could just be a lazy SOB narcotics officer with no morals.

Call care in about heroin use at that address.
Cop fakes a buy (with help of other officer) to get warrant.
Raid happens and shit goes south before officer can plant drugs.

I do believe the weed was hers. She reportedly smoked a bit to help with her cancer treatments. Not sure if coke was planted or not. The fact that they couldn’t even identify the white powder for a couple days makes me question the validity of that piece of evidence.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Did they ever find the record of the call?   Last I heard from Art they were still looking for it. 

Did they ever find the record of the call?   Last I heard from Art they were still looking for it. 

Several media outlets have requested the recording of the call with FOIA requests, but so far it has yet to be released. Cops are trying to claim they aren’t doing so for the sake of the deceased’s family, but we all know it’s to cover their own ass. They’ll need a damned good reason in front of a judge to keep it from getting out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is a really good article on the subject of no knock raids.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/opinions/2019/02/11/fatal-houston-drug-raid-is-familiar-story-needless-violence-death-destruction/

Not sure if it was mentioned, but the FBI is investigating.

I think the most plausible theory is the 911 caller was talking about 7815 W Hardy Rd as mentioned in the NewsNow video.  That address didn’t have a fence whenever Google maps drove by, but it does now.  There no HCAD record for 7815 W Hardy, but there is one record for 0 W Hardy that appears to match the property description owned by Jose P Acosta. I’m not trying to dox the guy; I think he’s just a slumlord. In the google street view of his primary residence, I’m pretty sure it’s him mowing the lawn.  It just seems really odd to put a metal fence around such a shitty property.

The other thing is there are conflicting statements about the 911 call.  I’ve seem the caller described as anonymous and refusing to give her name for fear for her life and I’ve also seen it as Rhogena’s mother.  I think the Rhogena’s mom thing was just an assumption. Based on some of Rhogena’s Facebook posts, her mom is old af and may not even live in Houston. I don’t think her mom would have any reason to fear for her life. It seems legit that the 911 operator just transcribed bad info.

It just seems like lazy/corrupt police work.  The unknown suspect vaguely described in the warrant matched Tuttle. I guarantee Goines got on HCAD and then checked social media to bolster the info on the warrant. And I don’t think there was any motive other than making stats and having a little fun busting down a door.  

Edited by rtchorn
  • Like 1

““There are a couple of questions that come up, one is the reliability and credibility of the actual informant,” Karson said. “The second issue is it raises the issue of ‘is there an informant?’”

Ding ding ding. I’ll take door #2.
There is no informant. There were no guns. There were no drugs.
Goines had a pattern and practice of putting together violent raids of the homes of innocent people, planting drugs, and calling it a win. Whether it was for the win-loss record, the ego, or the adrenaline rush of a raid (realize that he may be an addict of such things), revenge against people who he thinks slighted him at a bar or in traffic, or some combo of all...I’m suspecting that’s the story here.
And if you think his compatriots weren’t aware, you’re dead wrong.
Finally, if I was a defense attorney in Harris County, I’d dig into EVERY warrant, not just his. Because it’s clear that there is ZERO actual judicial oversight. There’s likely a stack of Bullshit warrants a mile high.

On 2/21/2019 at 11:45 PM, Brisketexan said:

Just wanted to note that we flagged the “hmmm....something smells about this one” back around post 76 (I read the first info about the victims and posted about it, Lat followed with his concerns not long after). Historically, we’re not too bad at sniffing bullshit like this out. Hell, see how the initial reaction to the Jussie Smollett report around here was “yeah, that sounds fishy AF.” Pretty decent bullshit detectors around these parts, when we deploy them objectively.

I knew the Smollett case was fake the first second I heard about it. I knew this one was fishy when I saw the “suspects” pictures and heard about their “arsenal” and stockpile of drugs. 

I think we’re on the opposite ends politically, so we got that going for us. 

We didn’t used to be. Dump Trump, and we’ll be back to being more closely aligned.

For example, if you favor the 4th amendment and reining in out-of-control LEOs....Trump ain’t your man. But, enough cloakrooming. We align on this issue today, let’s stick with it.

1 hour ago, Player said:

626e020d342ee0c9df700b823a72c22d.jpg

e9ea6b8f442dac280728ea2181320329.jpg

2 hours ago, Lat22 said:

I can’t wait to see a picture of this Goines guy. I bet he’ll fit every stereotype you can imagine. 

If this is really him there are going to be some Surly posters that will begin to question their existence today.

Even if guns were found I’m sure that POS personally confiscated them. No telling how much cash those guys get their hands on before the official amount gets logged.

That’s how cops generally acquire “throw down” evidence for later use. Got enough on this guy and I’ll just take this with me.

Next thing you know some street bum is getting arrested for something he never had because he called a cop a bitch ass.