5 HPD Officers Shot

Lobwedgephil

1 hour ago, Dewey said:

Doesnt lighten the load of what HPD has done, nor do I see how it discredits the case against HPD. We all can see what they have done and certainly see what they most likely have done in the past.

Guess this is what the union rep was talking about, go after those who badmouth the PD. So what

Correct on all points - Was just pointing out yet another interesting twist in the case and how tangled this is.  I've ceased to be surprised by anything...fake warrants, rouge cops, cover-ups, Napoleon-Complex unions chiefs, planted drugs, blind, deaf, and dumb leadership, dead citizens, child-diddling community activists.....can't wait for the next installment of As the World Turns. 

15 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

It's like nobody is listening to what we've been saying since the start of this shit. 😖

WTF are you talking about? The incident occurred on Jan. 28th, and your first post in this thread wasn't until Feb. 5th, at which point pretty much everyone was saying this appears to be a bunch of bullshit. 

I don't know if it's just important to you for some reason to appear like you figured out from jump street that HPD might not be telling the truth (a pretty pedestrian observation, by the way), or if you're seeking validation from brisket for some reason. Either way, it's weird. 

1 hour ago, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.  HPD would never do anything like that.  Except, you know, it's a documented fact (from an actual court case) that it was a widespread department practice (read the below, and understand that "throwdowns" often came via seizing a gun from an earlier suspect):

The risk is too high?  It can't happen here?

It literally has happened -- hundreds/thousands of times.  You think that STOPPED after the Webster case?

I'm sure it happens. Do I think a 1977 event in Houston represents the current state of affairs? No. I've been doing this 22 years and have never been told by a client they had a gun seized but not accounted for.

3 hours ago, Reagan1k said:

In an interesting twist (SIAP) the "News Now Houston" video blogger (Earl David Worden- who had been doing his own "investigation" of and protesting this raid) was arrested down in the valley on charges of sexual assault of a child .

Hard story to follow, but it appears he may already be a registered offender and was subsequently arrested on an old charge that had been previously dropped.

Can't make this shit up......

Edit - His were some of the YouTube videos linked by other posters on this thread.

Yeah, lots of videos from the boot-lickers on Youtube stroking their micropeens on this one.  I don't know the guy, but it sounds like his work put them all over the police radar for not showing them in a good light.  It looks like the charge that got him on the Sex Offender registry was from 1986, when he would have been a young man.  No idea what the circumstances were of that case or what led to his most recent arrest.  I believe the most recent charges/warrant were from Deer Park, which I believe is one of the jurisdictions he has been recently "1st amendment auditing", so I'd think it prudent to wait for facts to come out in the event that this is a case of retaliation.

22 hours ago, Zavala said:

Hide contents

hat makin' time

1200px-Aluminium_cooking_foil.jpg

I take it you don't understand anything about statistics. An officer cited guns on search warrants 96% of the time. Zero guns recovered. In a jurisdiction where 44% of people own guns.

Go take a few classes then come back and report what the odds are of this occurring randomly, i.e., without any malicious conduct on the officer's part.

20 hours ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

Yeah, lots of videos from the boot-lickers on Youtube stroking their micropeens on this one.  I don't know the guy, but it sounds like his work put them all over the police radar for not showing them in a good light.  It looks like the charge that got him on the Sex Offender registry was from 1986, when he would have been a young man.  No idea what the circumstances were of that case or what led to his most recent arrest.  I believe the most recent charges/warrant were from Deer Park, which I believe is one of the jurisdictions he has been recently "1st amendment auditing", so I'd think it prudent to wait for facts to come out in the event that this is a case of retaliation.

Sure seems awfully convenient for HPD doesn't it?

15 minutes ago, Deej said:

Oh, they've figured them out. 

Good point.  The body cams are always somehow doing a software update whenever the officer is near anyone not named  Edgar Winter.

People who either expose the government or openly defy them, and then have some sort of rape/kiddie/sex charges leveled against them is not rare.  Assange, Cody Wilson just to name two recent ones.  And of course, once the accusations are out there, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect pops for the public.  

28 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

People who either expose the government or openly defy them, and then have some sort of rape/kiddie/sex charges leveled against them is not rare.  Assange, Cody Wilson just to name two recent ones.  And of course, once the accusations are out there, the Gell-Mann Amnesia effect pops for the public.  

Michael Jackson if you want to really go down the rabbit hole.

• Like 2

On 2/26/2019 at 12:59 PM, Brisketexan said:

Yeah.  HPD would never do anything like that.  Except, you know, it's a documented fact (from an actual court case) that it was a widespread department practice (read the below, and understand that "throwdowns" often came via seizing a gun from an earlier suspect):

The risk is too high?  It can't happen here?

It literally has happened -- hundreds/thousands of times.  You think that STOPPED after the Webster case?

This case was the first thing that came to my mind, I remember very well  reading the story in Texas Monthly when it was published nearly 40 years ago. This would not be the first rodeo for HPD.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-throwdown/

Edited by El Diablo
  • Like 1

46 minutes ago, El Diablo said:

This case was the first thing that came to my mind, I remember very well  reading the story in Texas Monthly when it was published nearly 40 years ago. This would not be the first rodeo for HPD.

https://www.texasmonthly.com/articles/the-throwdown/

Geezus shit dicks.  Forty years this has been going on.  This was even before the Drug War got started bigtime and Congress went batshit on crime.

Then Webster went to the district at­torney’s office and called on the assistant DA who presented police shooting cases to grand juries, a man named Tommy Dunn. A career civil servant, Dunn had been with the DA’s office for 23 years. He had handled thirty or forty police shooting cases before grand juries, never doubting for a minute that the officer had been in the right. He was very much a part of the law enforcement community. He knew what a tough job being a policeman was, and he had very little sympathy for criminals.

“Why the hell would policemen put down an unloaded gun?” Dunn asked. He said he would believe the police ver­sion of the story until it was proven wrong. But he did give Webster the name of the taxi driver: Billy Dolan.

I saw Thin Blue Line, and that pricked my ears up (and the Adams case occurred in 1976).  I remember being particularly disgusted by daring Doug Mulder, the DA that tried Adams. I dunno, I thought this phenomenon had expanded in the 80s.

Edited by TwiceHorn

Gawd, that article:

The next day, when some of the jurors talked to reporters, it emerged that there had at first been some sentiment for con­victing Mays on all counts, but it had subsided because the jurors were not cer­tain that Mays had acted “willfully, knowingly, and intentionally” on the night Randy Webster died. And there was obviously a great deal of sympathy among the jurors for the young policemen. “Nobody wanted to convict the young men,” one juror told a reporter for the Houston Chronicle, “but we couldn’t get around the throwdown gun.

Beam me up, Scotty.  I've had enough.  I'd join Brisket on the ledge, but people have been this stupid for as long as I have been alive.

Edited by TwiceHorn

2 hours ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

“We exonerate them prematurely and the next thing you know, we find something,” said Acevedo, who has kept in close contact with Tuttle’s family since the raid.

Wow.  "We can't assume they are innocent, because we might eventually find evidence they are guilty.  Also, I swear this doesn't run counter to every single fundamental principle of US criminal law."

https://mega.nz/#!y3BjEKKS!vxY-F0DfJQFoxhvCrhHDwC0xrKALx05eN8pHTq8VmNk

That link is where you can download the Probable Cause statement that lead to the arrest of News Now Houston. Looks like the allegation was filed on 2/21 for events to have taken place sometime between 1996-1998. Looks like it was filed by a Justice of the Peace, though I’m not sure how common/uncommon that is in Texas.

If true, that guy is garbage, but the timing seems more than a little suspect.

56 minutes ago, hopkinsnhorns said:

https://mega.nz/#!y3BjEKKS!vxY-F0DfJQFoxhvCrhHDwC0xrKALx05eN8pHTq8VmNk

That link is where you can download the Probable Cause statement that lead to the arrest of News Now Houston. Looks like the allegation was filed on 2/21 for events to have taken place sometime between 1996-1998. Looks like it was filed by a Justice of the Peace, though I’m not sure how common/uncommon that is in Texas.

If true, that guy is garbage, but the timing seems more than a little suspect.

Powerful law enforcement officials and groups digging up ANCIENT allegations (seriously, often way outside of any statute of limitations) to arrest people, seize property pursuant to a warrant, and generally make their lives hell?  

This isn't a new play.  It's a rather common one.  For serious. 

8 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Powerful law enforcement officials and groups digging up ANCIENT allegations (seriously, often way outside of any statute of limitations) to arrest people, seize property pursuant to a warrant, and generally make their lives hell?  

This isn't a new play.  It's a rather common one.  For serious. 

There is no statute of limitations on sexual assault of a minor.  While I guess I get that, I do look askance at prosecuting crimes that may have occurred 20 years ago or more.

Just now, TwiceHorn said:

There is no statute of limitations on sexual assault of a minor.  While I guess I get that, I do look askance at prosecuting crimes that may have occurred 20 years ago or more.

Oh, I understand that this allegation doesn't have an SOL issue (although there's a reason that they rarely actually prosecute such stale crimes, even if the SOL hasn't run -- nobody remembers shit from 20 years ago, so your witnesses are largely worthless).  But I have experience with other cases where there WAS an expired SOL....and law enforcement conveniently leaves relevant facts out of their request for a warrant (like, facts that would demonstrate that the SOL had run).

3 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

Oh, I understand that this allegation doesn't have an SOL issue (although there's a reason that they rarely actually prosecute such stale crimes, even if the SOL hasn't run -- nobody remembers shit from 20 years ago, so your witnesses are largely worthless).  But I have experience with other cases where there WAS an expired SOL....and law enforcement conveniently leaves relevant facts out of their request for a warrant (like, facts that would demonstrate that the SOL had run).

Oh totally agree.  Can you imagine trying a civil case over facts occurring 20 years past?  Just seems like legislators want to plaster bandaids all over child sex crimes and that's one of them.  Bandaids that have lost all their "stick."

The Harris County District Attorney's Office is broadening its review of cases to include the work of another officer linked to the botched Pecan Park drug raid that left two dead and five officers injured, officials said Monday.

More than 800 cases handled by Officer Steven Bryant - who has already been relieved of duty - are now up for review. Of those, roughly 30 are currently pending in court.

The move comes weeks after prosecutors announced a review of more than 1,400 cases involving Officer Gerald Goines, the embattled narcotics agent behind the Jan. 28 raid that ended in the deaths of Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas.

Houston Police Department previously relieved Bryant of duty as questions mounted about the circumstances behind the raid.

In a search warrant for Bryant's phone data, an investigator with HPD's Special Investigations Unit wrote that Bryant told investigators he had retrieved two bags of heroin from the center console of Goines' police car at the instruction of another officer. That, however, was not consistent with the affidavit used to obtain the warrant for the Jan. 28 raid, in which Goines wrote that Bryant identified heroin brought out of the house.

Though he took the two bags of drugs for testing to determine that they were heroin, Bryant eventually told investigators he had never seen the narcotics in question before retrieving them from the car.

The scandal -- one of the worst to hit HPD in years -- prompted Acevedo to conduct a wide-ranging audit of the Narcotics Division and promise to equip warrant teams with body cameras and to end the use of most no-knock raids. The FBI also opened a rare civil rights investigation into the circumstances behind the allegedly fake warrant.

Houston Police Officers' Union President Joe Gamaldi declined to comment, citing the ongoing investigation into the matter.

At least they are investigating Bryant. Will they keep digging and uncover others than those 2? I doubt it but hopefully.

They’ll uncover just enough in attempt to clean up direct ties to this specific event. While Art is talking up body cameras, less no knocks, reviewing narcotics ops and etc, there is no way in hell that he’ll be “digging” outside the lines in any substantial manner. He’d have to shut down the narcotics division in short time. This is a common practice to varying degrees and this event just really got away from the cops(the heroin find/disclosure) and negated their usual “get out of jail free” card narrative deployment.

Getting shot up before making the plant, and the other cops gaffing on the heroin find in goins car was either a fluke, or Goines being too confident in the proven method and just never believed he would go down. Regardless, this is pretty much excepted procedure for a LOT of narcotics cops across the country. Believe it or not they share various dodgy tactics during get togethers during various official “Police (tactical) Games” across the nation. They generally keep it quiet when interacting with tactical forces from other countries during the World Police Games.

Most cops would never go this far, but even the best of them will turn the blind eye before putting their job and safety at risk...because the bad cop is usually cleared and he and ton of other concerned cops won’t be forgetting it so easily. And their wives, if they have a family and a pricy mortgage, will usually flat out tell them- “Fuck no you are not!”

I do know a good cop. She is a detective in the sex crimes unit. Even though she is “good” I am sure she has turned a blind eye, which is not good.

But that fuckstain Constant...a sooner and a pig. No doubt he sucks and is dirty. I didn’t read every post in this thread, but was he defending the heroes?

• Like 1

Seems like he was more than happy to comment earlier
He's still dancing around, talking about other "dirtbags", guess Art and some other higher ups had a sit down with junior and said something like shut the fuck up. They like to go after those who oppose them in a quiet way. Not warning people if they talk shit we'll get ya! Kid is a jackass.

I do know a good cop. She is a detective in the sex crimes unit. Even though she is “good” I am sure she has turned a blind eye, which is not good.

But that fuckstain Constant...a sooner and a pig. No doubt he sucks and is dirty. I didn’t read every post in this thread, but was he defending the heroes?

TKau.gif
  • Like 1

A Houston narcotics officer under an internal police investigation following a botched January drug raid is retiring, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

Steven O. Bryant put in his paperwork this week while under investigation following the shooting deaths of two residents in an unannounced raid of a Pecan Park residence in south Houston on Jan. 28. The Harris County District Attorney’s Office is reviewing more than 800 criminal cases brought by Bryant during his 23-year career. Sources said his last day is Friday.

HPD officials relieved Bryant of duty as questions mounted about his actions leading up to the drug raid, in which a team of officers burst into a house at 7815 Harding St. after obtaining a no-knock search warrant. A gun battle ensued, and police killed homeowners Dennis Tuttle and Rhogena Nicholas. Four officers were hit by gunfire, and a fifth officer was injured.

ON HOUSTONCHRONICLE.COM: FBI opens civil rights investigation into botched Houston drug bust, police chief says

The Pecan Park bust — and the officers' actions — have drawn close scrutiny because police did not find any heroin, only a small quantity of cocaine and marijuana. Investigators later failed to find the confidential informant police relied on to obtain a search warrant.

The case agent, Gerald Goines, was shot in the neck as he entered the private home, but he has also been relieved of duty after Houston Police Chief Art Acevedo said the veteran officer appeared to have lied about the undercover drug buy that served as justification for the search warrant used by the squad to raid the house.

BREAKING NEWS UPDATES: Get your Houston breaking news alerts delivered to you

Two other narcotics officers, including a longtime partner of Goines, have quietly retired from the department in recent weeks, including one who is under investigation for an unrelated matter, according to police documents and sources. Each officer had more than 20 years experience with the department.

In a search warrant for Bryant's phone data, an investigator with HPD's Special Investigations Unit wrote that Bryant told investigators he had retrieved two bags of heroin from the center console of Goines' police car at the instruction of another officer.

That, however, was not consistent with the affidavit used to obtain the warrant for the Jan. 28 raid, in which Goines wrote that Bryant identified heroin brought out of the house.

Though he took the two bags of drugs for testing to determine that they were heroin, Bryant eventually told investigators he had never seen the narcotics in question before retrieving them from the car.

Multiple law enforcement sources confirmed Bryant put in his retirement paperwork this week. An ongoing investigation would not affect his compensation benefits.

READ MORE: Houston police officer Gerald Goines had previous allegations against him

Bryant’s retirement is the latest fallout from the deadly raid, and comes as Acevedo has launched a wide-ranging probe into the division and its operations following the raid. The FBI has launched a rare civil rights investigation into the operation.

The Harris County District Attorney’s Office has announced it is investigating 2,200 of the former criminal cases of Goines and Bryant. Acevedo has dramatically curtailed no-knock raids, and said he will equip raid teams with body cameras to record the operations. At the time of the raid, none of the members of the raid team was wearing cameras.

Houston Police Officers’ Union President Joe Gamaldi declined to comment on Bryant’s departure, citing the fact that it is a personnel matter and the ongoing investigation.

Acevedo did not respond to a request for comment Thursday afternoon. Bryant could not be reached and union attorneys representing Bryant did not respond to a request for comment.

st.john.smith@chron.com

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/houston/article/Houston-police-narcotics-officer-under-13671579.php?fbclid=IwAR0rgf14EUwjmc1oj-6UW2hKOsNJzduxBQKyh7CkUd3ddX7xE_PwZjQR7aI

23 minutes ago, PilotsError said:

A Houston narcotics officer under an internal police investigation following a botched January drug raid is retiring, according to multiple law enforcement sources.

<snip>

Two other narcotics officers, including a longtime partner of Goines, have quietly retired from the department in recent weeks, including one who is under investigation for an unrelated matter, according to police documents and sources. Each officer had more than 20 years experience with the department.

all a total coincidence, i'm sure

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 3/4/2019 at 9:01 PM, Patricio Swayze said:

Which means she's not a good cop.

• Like 3