5 HPD Officers Shot

Lobwedgephil

What if you were a good cop just going on this raid because you were ordered to, only to find out you almost died to cover up somebody else's bullshit.  

Does the blue line extend to setting your co-workers up to be murdered due to your immorality?  Does your life insurance extend that far?  

7 minutes ago, Lobo said:

What if you were a good cop just going on this raid because you were ordered to, only to find out you almost died to cover up somebody else's bullshit.  

Does the blue line extend to setting your co-workers up to be murdered due to your immorality?  Does your life insurance extend that far?  

Well, the rules are, you take care of transgressions like that "inside the family."  IT's family business, so you keep it in the family.  

Omerta, dude.

I get what you’re saying about them keeping her story straight and having each other‘s backs.   But you don’t think there’s going to be one guy on the force that says you almost widowed my wife and or send my children because of your narcotics bullshit ?    My loyalty has very strong and wide boundaries but you’re lying to a judge and that causes me to get dead and makes my children grow up without a father ——I’m going to anonymously rat you out

HOUSTON & TEXASSUBSCRIBE

‘I feel like it’s a set-up’: Attorney for Houston cop at center of deadly raid speaks out

Keri Blakinger | February 18, 2019

What if there was a good cop, and he knew what a piece of shit Goines was and set him up to lead this botched raid to get him exposed?

https://media1.tenor.com/images/33f04c3927381c76279d2f5530cbfa41/tenor.gif]https://media1.tenor.com/images/33f04c3927381c76279d2f5530cbfa41/tenor.gif

I'm way behind on this thread, but I want to comment on the Roger Stone arrest:

On 2/12/2019 at 9:15 AM, Brisketexan said:

Wanted to highlight this.  The guy is pure scum.  But they didn't need full tactical battle rattle.  A knock on the door, a "please come with us, sir," that's all that was necessary.  

Their militant attitude is a self-fulfilling prophecy.  When you show up everywhere with an army, the odds dictate that you're frequently going to end up in a war.

On 2/12/2019 at 9:24 AM, hopkinsnhorns said:

Yeah, if you listen to the Reasonable Doubt podcast with Adam Corolla and Mark Geragos, they talked about Roger Stone and similar situations.  In most of these cases, the defense's legal counsel has already let the prosecutor know that they would surrender themselves in the event of a warrant.  This is a case of the DA/SA/etc. wanting to send a political message, unleashing the dogs when their use of force is entirely unnecessary.  It's especially true when they tip off a news agency so they can be there to film the arrest raid, even though it was a sealed indictment.  Apparently proper rules and etiquette don't apply if you work for the State.

They did the full battle rattle warrant thing on Stone for the same reasoning: they wanted to make sure he didn't have the opportunity to destroy any evidence. I have no problem with a "surprise" arrest in that case. I have no problem with not alerting his attorneys or any of that crap.

I also have no problem with white collar criminals getting the same treatment as the druggies and the minorities.

But a man's home is his castle. If you have to do the surprise thing, wait until he leaves his home. I don't care if its Pablo Escobar in the house. 

• Fuck You 1

16 minutes ago, High Plains Drifter said:

I'm way behind on this thread, but I want to comment on the Roger Stone arrest:

They did the full battle rattle warrant thing on Stone for the same reasoning: they wanted to make sure he didn't have the opportunity to destroy any evidence. I have no problem with a "surprise" arrest in that case. I have no problem with not alerting his attorneys or any of that crap.

I also have no problem with white collar criminals getting the same treatment as the druggies and the minorities.

But a man's home is his castle. If you have to do the surprise thing, wait until he leaves his home. I don't care if its Pablo Escobar in the house. 

Well.  In Stone's case he was arrested on an already issued indictment.  Which means a Grand Jury saw enough evidence to issue that indictment.  I'm going to guess most white collar type criminals or alleged criminals already know they are in deep shit and because of this, most of the evidence gathering is done BEFORE the perp knows how  REALLYdeep it is.  Or it's obtained from other sources.   If Stone had evidence in the form of hard drives or hard copy paper files, then a separate surprise like warrant would have been warranted much like the FBI shows up with vans and hand trucks to search a Doc's office if he/she is accused of Medicare fraud.  The arrest comes later in most of the white collar crimes.  

If that is not the case, then we have more issues going on in our legal system which need addressed in addition  to "no knock" warrants and asset/forfeiture laws.  It would be true a Prosecutor can indeed indict a ham sandwich if the evidence has to be obtained AFTER the fact.   

9 minutes ago, Dewey said:

Now it's a "botched raid", does Art and that snot nosed head of the union want to remind us that these were still bad people with little bags of weed in their house. Don't forget the Ajax that was on the kitchen counter.

tenor.gif?itemid=10815402

• Like 7

3 hours ago, Alien Octopus said:

So in light of events surounding this case I think it will be hard to argue that the banning of guns in the hands of citizens is prudent when discussing the constitution and gun control. 

Are you kidding me?  If these people hadn't recklessly taken up arms against the police, who are just trying to keep us safe, they would still be alive today.  This case is PROOF that guns in civilian hands are a recipe for disaster.

[Note -- this is not the opinion of the author, I'm just trying to get out in front on how Acevedo will spin it]

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

The Harris County District Attorney’s Office has launched a review of more than 1,400 criminal cases involving the Houston police officer who allegedly lied on a search warrant connected to last month's deadly raid and shootout.

District Attorney Kim Ogg said any past cases involving Undercover Officer Gerald Goines will be reviewed. Twenty-seven of those cases are active.

https://www.khou.com/article/news/crime/da-to-review-more-than-1400-criminal-cases-involving-officer-who-led-deadly-raid/285-f25667c1-2574-4d1c-bb68-523dad048365

3 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

Are you kidding me?  If these people hadn't recklessly taken up arms against the police, who are just trying to keep us safe, they would still be alive today.  This case is PROOF that guns in civilian hands are a recipe for disaster.

[Note -- this is not the opinion of the author, I'm just trying to get out in front on how Acevedo will spin it]

His spin will not go well in this state then.

Spin away Art, spin away.

Let me give you a bigger shovel there, the hole ain't deep enough.

• Like 1

At least they didn’t rape them while they slowly bled to death in their own home for 2 hours while dozens and dozens of resources saved the alleged hero cops.

/fifsituational appropriateness

Don’t forget the “finish him off” shot fired later, through a window. Flat out murder, to eliminate the only possible remaining witness.

I didn't catch this fucking part. Really? This actually fucking happened? Could you provide my dumb ass a link?
Holy shit...

It was in the news now Houston video a little ways back. Post has 2 videos - one of the police version of events and another diagram of the home with a recounting of the physical evidence plus some eyewitness reporting from neighbors. Neighbor claims a SWAT member shot in through the side kitchen window long after the firefight was over, ostensibly to ensure Tuttle was dead.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mayor Turner says the FBI is not investigating, lol. Guess he's concerned about his prop B and how this looks trying to downgrade the FD, while he props up the police department. Jackass.

And with regards to the lone wolf theory, no way it flies with anyone rational. Guy has been in the department since '87 with all kinds of fuckups... who else might there be?

1400 cases being looked at.

1 minute ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

I'm going to bet that did not happen.  Blackbeard did not seem like he had quite as much insider info as he was trying to project.

1) I'll wait and see what the evidence shows.  

BUT....

2) as HPD is simply investigating themselves, and will surely do a full and fair job and wouldn't DREAM of covering up a murder committed by a group of HPD officers.....do we really trust what the "evidence" will ultimately show?

Note that #2 is a HUGE problem, and it's actually a reason that PDs should be in FAVOR of outside investigators -- even in cases where the PD truly did no wrong, nobody with a lick of sense trusts a self-conducted investigation.  In other words, it might result in a real-deal exoneration....but a shitload of folks will never believe it.  If you are truly innocent, you should want 1) a fair and objective investigation, which 2) reveals the truth.  That way, people will believe the result.

In other words, as the cops and their fans so often say....if you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to be worried about?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Brisketexan said:

1) I'll wait and see what the evidence shows.  

BUT....

2) as HPD is simply investigating themselves, and will surely do a full and fair job and wouldn't DREAM of covering up a murder committed by a group of HPD officers.....do we really trust what the "evidence" will ultimately show?

Note that #2 is a HUGE problem, and it's actually a reason that PDs should be in FAVOR of outside investigators -- even in cases where the PD truly did no wrong, nobody with a lick of sense trusts a self-conducted investigation.  In other words, it might result in a real-deal exoneration....but a shitload of folks will never believe it.  If you are truly innocent, you should want 1) a fair and objective investigation, which 2) reveals the truth.  That way, people will believe the result.

In other words, as the cops and their fans so often say....if you're not doing anything wrong, what do you have to be worried about?

Even conceding we never know because the cops cover it all up, I'd still doubt the part about the final bullet.  Icono posted a NYT op-ed about Smollett the other day that had the theme "the closer the story tracks to someone's preferred narrative, the more likely it is to be b.s."  I thought that was a good line.  And having Peter Greene shoot the home owners well after the close of action is straight out of Training Day, not my understanding of reality.

Just now, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

Even conceding we never know because the cops cover it all up, I'd still doubt the part about the final bullet.  Icono posted a NYT op-ed about Smollett the other day that had the theme "the closer the story tracks to someone's preferred narrative, the more likely it is to be b.s."  I thought that was a good line.  And having Peter Greene shoot the home owners well after the close of action is straight out of Training Day, not my understanding of reality.

Well, having the lead investigator lie about a CI making a buy at the house, and having two spare bags of heroin stashed in his car at the time of the raid (so, they look exactly like throw-down evidence ready to be planted) is straight out of Training Day....and also looks to be the truth.  So, we're through the f'n looking glass here.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

I didn't catch this fucking part. Really? This actually fucking happened? Could you provide my dumb ass a link?

Holy shit...

Go to Liveleak and mess around for awhile and you'll see this isn't super rare.

Neither is standing around while the citizen bleeds out slowly.

"Gotta secure the area!"

Dead men tell no tales. There’s little question that Goines was going to take down the now deceased couple with false drug charges. Most likely over a previous encounter that we’ll never hear about...in which Goines felt disrespected and couldn’t make an arrest. Revenge harassment is somewhat common in most PDs across the country.

When shit went south there was no way that couple were ever going to leave that house alive.