5 HPD Officers Shot

Lobwedgephil

This really reminds me of the wide spread corruption involving the LAPD Rampart (CRASH) unit in the ‘90s.

I’d like to see a point by point breakdown of the confliction between the HPD report and the actual evidence. At this point it’s pretty obvious that the department was in a business as usual mode as they quickly pushed the standard cover-up on the perpetually stooged local media. It has no doubt worked thousands of times in the past, this one just got away from them as a result of a sloppy assault team. Bound to happen sooner or later in a widely corrupt department as big as the HPD. Especially when a lot of them are drinking on the job.

I know that the .357 was never inventoried, but I hadn't considered the thought that Tuttle may never have even fired on the jackbooted cops. Wow.

Disappearing bullets? from the disappearing 357. Just like the disappearing 9mm and the disappearing heroin and the disappearing CI buy cash.

Can’t even get their cover-up story right even with a crappy rushed forensics job from HPD to assist.

14 hours ago, Brisketexan said:

If any of y'all are looking for something -- ANYTHING -- that makes the organized crime ring known as "HPD" look good.....keep looking.

Holy crap.  Bullets and teeth left behind.  A shirt will bullet holes, but no blood, marked as evidence and left there?  "Drug baggies" stashed under the sofa (you know, right where the cops made entry).  Throwdowns that wounded cops ditched so they wouldn't have them on them when they went to the hospital?  WTF?  Seems like there was effectively NO investigation of the scene.  Just a determination that the bad guys shot at the cops, got what they deserved, and case closed.

This case gets worse every time new info comes out.  And it ain't ever going to get any better.

Really curious to know who’s fingerprints are on those bags.      

On 5/10/2019 at 2:38 PM, immortal13 said:

There is no fucking way I will ever believe that woman ran across a room, through a barrage of gunfire to try and strip a wounded cop of his shotgun. There is just no fucking way that happened, and to expect the public to buy that story is simply absurd. 

And the double tap at the end of it all is disturbing to say the least. Cops do not have the authority to deal out a death sentence. I hope Acevedo and all the cops involved go down hard on this, but I'm not going to hold my breath.

My hopes are that they would get far more than "relieved of their duty."

Message needs to be sent.  Bigtime.

20 minutes ago, DigglerontheHoof said:

Every cop on that raid should be charged with 1st degree murder.

Higher ups who looked the other way or were complicit need to go down.

Guest Lobo

There's no way that every officer involved with this incident was in on fabricated warrant/evidence/bullshit pseudo-extortion scam.  That has got to be an awkward morning in the locker room, "Hey thanks for bringing me on that bullshit raid, Bob.  I got shot, I'm under investigation, my name is tarnished, and I'm assuming my invitation to the 'split up the cash' party got lost in the mail."  

They didn't even remove all the bullets from the walls.  Did I read that right?

Wow - They quickly figured out this was a clusterfuck and got out of there as fast as they could with minimal evidence.

The more evidence they gathered, the more incriminating it would be to the officers so they bailed on investigating.

Kudos to this family for not standing by and being steamrolled by the system.

• Like 1

Guest Lobo

There won’t be any fingerprints  

There will however  be a curious amount of residue from the tactical gloves only worn by law-enforcement raid teams.  

The Houston Police Department has wrapped up its investigation into a deadly January drug bust and turned a final report over to prosecutors, authorities said Wednesday.

The development could move the case one step closer to criminal charges against one or more of the officers involved in the bungled raid, which left a Pecan Park couple dead and blossomed into a broader scandal amid questions about the narcotics team's handling of the bust.

"It's good," said Nicole DeBorde, the attorney representing Goines. "I'm glad that they took their time to complete a thorough investigation and now it's going to be in the hands of the lawyers at the district attorney's office."

Though she expressed concerns about whether police would make charging recommendations in the case, DeBorde also voiced "hope" that prosecutors would "accept the information they're provided and make their own decision after review."

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-police-investigation-into-botched-drug-13847995.php

On 5/14/2019 at 9:38 AM, Lat22 said:

I know that the .357 was never inventoried, but I hadn't considered the thought that Tuttle may never have even fired on the jackbooted cops. Wow.

I think it is very possible Tuttle never fired more than one shot...maybe none.

He sure as shit didn't stop and reload a .357 during that debacle.  That begs the question about the odds of him being that skilled in a raging gunfight to be running a 60% - 100% hit rate while being shot himself.

Maybe the revolver had to disappear and they had to abandon the forensic investigation and leave bullets in the walls because they quickly figured out what it would show....murder and friendly fire.

A partial, shoddy forensics review allows for reasonable doubt and confusion of the facts....which is what HPD needs at this point.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:34 AM, BurntEyes said:

This.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:36 AM, Brisketexan said:

None.  They were wiped beforehand by the cops.  You MIGHT find some "tactical shooting and dynamic entry gloves (TM") fibers on them, though.

On 5/15/2019 at 10:37 AM, Lobo said:

There won’t be any fingerprints  

There will however  be a curious amount of residue from the tactical gloves only worn by law-enforcement raid teams.  

Hmm... don't know about that.  As panicked as they were after the bogus raid went left, they were probably pretty lacking in covering those small details.

Question is, how closely will those details be looked at in the aftermath.

On 5/15/2019 at 4:54 PM, Updawg said:

The Houston Police Department has wrapped up its investigation into a deadly January drug bust and turned a final report over to prosecutors, authorities said Wednesday.

The development could move the case one step closer to criminal charges against one or more of the officers involved in the bungled raid, which left a Pecan Park couple dead and blossomed into a broader scandal amid questions about the narcotics team's handling of the bust.

"It's good," said Nicole DeBorde, the attorney representing Goines. "I'm glad that they took their time to complete a thorough investigation and now it's going to be in the hands of the lawyers at the district attorney's office."

Though she expressed concerns about whether police would make charging recommendations in the case, DeBorde also voiced "hope" that prosecutors would "accept the information they're provided and make their own decision after review."

https://www.chron.com/news/houston-texas/article/Houston-police-investigation-into-botched-drug-13847995.php

Aw fuck...here it comes 

• 4 weeks later...
13 minutes ago, royiv said:

“Harding Street incident” sounds so much more innocent than what it really was. Murder of two residents on Harding Street by dirty cops using a falsified warrant.

Worse than the Night Owl murders.

This shit is so fucked up, it couldn’t written into a movie though.  Nobody would believe it.

1 hour ago, SuingToGetAMessageBoard? said:

How did the victims get off so many shots on the cops before they died?  Is there any explanation of that?  Was a gun just on the coffee table or something when they came busting in?

You remember the end of Butch and Sundance?

How do you people not understand that the only way for an officer to make it home to their families safely each night, is to spend weeks falsifying warrant and search documents, curating to-be-planted pieces of evidence, lying to judges, putting non-corrupt officers in harm's way to legitimize the operation, and then driving down there with your falsified warrant to purposely solicit a firefight so as to murder the innocent people while legitimizing your overall investigation?  Do you think that just happens magically on its own?  You only get home safely each day by going through these weeks-long exacerbated steps involving multiple felonies and the lives of innocent people.  That's the only way you get home.  That's the only way you survive the beat.  I mean, yeah sure, several hundred thousand sworn officers come home every night without committing felonies or murdering innocent people or participating in intricate scams to completely upend our criminal justice system.  But these guys didn't have that choice.  It was either weeks of painstaking framing and genocide, or possibly come home without a stack of illicitly obtained cash money.  I don't want to live in a country where you can't get home safe at night but for a complete circumvention of the law and a tacit conversation with internal affairs where you tell them they either drop this investigation or their uncle's house is the next no-knock warrant.  

How did the victims get off so many shots on the cops before they died?  Is there any explanation of that?  Was a gun just on the coffee table or something when they came busting in?

Hard to tell...because HPD ransacked the crime scene and then got the fuck out without doing a proper CS investigation. Evidence was left behind, and reported weapons never accounted for. It goes on and on. The bottom line is that we’re more likely to find out who shot JFK than we are of getting the truth from the corrupt cop shooters, Art Acevedo, or anyone else from the PD.

The only positive outcome from this as far as HPD goes is that both victims are dead and won’t be telling their side of the story. Art is definitely going to take full advantage of that fact as any good bad cop would. Art’s been one of the best in the business of corruption going back to at least his days with CHP. Not a good man at all.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1