If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 hours ago, Kevin O’Shea said:

Anyone who listens to the Fan makes me uncomfortable. Also Jake had a bad Texas football take on Twitter last night. 

Why? They've got done quality stuff here and there. With the insane amount if commercials on sports talk I don't see how most people wouldn't go back and forth. 

21 hours ago, threesheets said:

Can't provide a link.  I work in media so I have a subscription (that my company pays a ton for). I'll pull a report and screenshot it on Monday if you really want proof. 

I wouldn't really need to reconcile anything.  I never said the Fan was beating the Ticket.  Only that they're catching them.  But the Fan leading in Tarrant County for M25-54 in Prime is 100% fact. 

Horn was let go at the end of March btw.

When I said reconcile, I'm genuinely interested.  I read Horn's article that was linked after I responded to your post doubting the numbers.  Your numbers purport much lower ratings for KTCK than what Horn reported, or maybe you were citing a specific demo or I just misread.  Thanks in advance.

Just heard the Koko call in this morning, that was hilarious. Also Junior actually made me laugh this morning when after asking Gorgo some questions about his news story. Gordo, as always, didn’t have any additional info on the story he reported so Junior sounding put out says “I’m so sick of you never knowing anything”. Lulz

5 minutes ago, Mileslong said:

Nothing about John Prine is terrible. If you don’t get Prines greatness then I feel sorry for you. Go listen to some Drake and Katy Perry and maybe you will feel better...

Never said John Prine was terrible. I'm referring to Jub's segment and his constant need to force music he's into on to the listeners.

Here's a tip: Listen to the show.

I reiterate my position that, other than segments making fun of songs (such as HL’s bro country segments) or those where they are doing commentary on the weekly shows coming up (concert calendar/biggest show), almost all “let me play you some songs from my iPod” segments are a waste of time (& a better segment they could have done in its place). The fact that they may occasionally hit on an artist or style that I might like doesn’t really change that. Also, that applies to 100% of Red Dirt Georgie’s “let me play you some music” segments these days.

• Like 1

On 6/26/2018 at 8:21 AM, mdleast said:

I reiterate my position that, other than segments making fun of songs (such as HL’s bro country segments) or those where they are doing commentary on the weekly shows coming up (concert calendar/biggest show), almost all “let me play you some songs from my iPod” segments are a waste of time (& a better segment they could have done in its place).

I don't know what the fuck this thread is about but I can get behind radio personalities making fun of bro country.

That's all I got.

2 hours ago, mdmost said:

1000X better than Nose in the News. Team Jake 

Trouble is that it comes along with my Ticket kryptonite, Sean Bass.

Do yourselves a favor and Google the Deadspin/Action Park story referred to in Jake's "Gordo's Corner" today. It's amazing. (It's also long as fuck.)

Edited by C-Man

On 6/24/2018 at 1:03 PM, Rex Kramer said:

When I said reconcile, I'm genuinely interested.  I read Horn's article that was linked after I responded to your post doubting the numbers.  Your numbers purport much lower ratings for KTCK than what Horn reported, or maybe you were citing a specific demo or I just misread.  Thanks in advance.

threesheets doling our bullshit numbers then disappearing. 

31 minutes ago, RPM said:

KRLD has a better signal, thus more area to have listeners.

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=KRLD-FM

https://radio-locator.com/cgi-bin/patg?id=KTCK-FM

Better signal does not equal better programming.

Let me know if you want me to explain how ppm ratings work. Nielsen doesn't just look at geo coverage and estimate listenership. The ratings come people that are actually listening.