If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

2 hours ago, C-Man said:

I'm admittedly an idiot when it comes to this but the "rating" and "share" column for The Ticket is approximately 40% higher than the four stations tied for second, right? That seems pretty substantial to me.

Sure, no argument there.  The rating is a percentage of the total population of the DMA that listen in an average quarter hour, and share is the percentage of people listening to radio that are listening to a particular station.  You could argue the merits of either.  I just know that agencies/media buyers use the rating (they buy gross ratings points over the course of a spot schedule) in making their decisions.

14 hours ago, threesheets said:

Sure, no argument there.  The rating is a percentage of the total population of the DMA that listen in an average quarter hour, and share is the percentage of people listening to radio that are listening to a particular station.  You could argue the merits of either.  I just know that agencies/media buyers use the rating (they buy gross ratings points over the course of a spot schedule) in making their decisions.

I get it. But the way you posted it initially was that The Ticket's lead was razor-thin all of a sudden. It doesn't appear that way when you really look at it. Yes?

Nah, I haven't misrepresented/misinterpreted anything. If you want to take me to task for my "nipping at their heels" comment that's fine, but it's absolutely true for mornings and middays. And the overall lead is growing smaller by the month. That's just a fact. If I took the time to chart it, the line would show it's been that way for the last five years, with slow (but steady) growth pretty much every quarter. 

I know people are tired of the conversation so my apologies- I'm just responding.

1 minute ago, threesheets said:

Nah, I haven't misrepresented/misinterpreted anything. If you want to take me to task for my "nipping at their heels" comment that's fine, but it's absolutely true for mornings and middays. And the overall lead is growing smaller by the month. That's just a fact. If I took the time to chart it, the line would show it's been that way for the last five years, with slow (but steady) growth pretty much every quarter. 

I know people are tired of the conversation so my apologies- I'm just responding.

Nipping at heels is total misrepresentation.  You should go start a FAN thread for your sports talk, you fraud.  

You mad bro?

And you should go fuck your mom.  I think I'll stay for a while.

No thanks. Mom passed away in ‘00. 

Can’t wait to see your misrepresentation of July numbers. 

Manipulations huh. You cite Barry Horn at every turn. The same Barry Horn who's company was (and still is) a major partner of the Ticket when he wrote those columns.

Stick to what you know.  

DMN or threesheets from Surly?  

1 hour ago, mdleast said:

I hate it when ratings mom and dad fight

I’m definitely Ratings Dad.  Because I’ve got a big ole D and two swingin’ Bs.

He’s not Ratings Mom either.  He’s Ratings Whore. 

3 hours ago, Gene Parmesan said:

I can't believe that many people listen to the eagle.  Has it always been like that or did the edge folding give them a bump?

Not many options for rock radio anymore. KZPS and KEGL are about it. Jack-FM is lame and ... hell, I can't think of another rock station in DFW.

3 hours ago, threesheets said:

Manipulations huh. You cite Barry Horn at every turn. The same Barry Horn who's company was (and still is) a major partner of the Ticket when he wrote those columns.

Stick to what you know.  

Barry Horn uses Column 5 (or whatever). You were citing Column 3 (or whatever). They are almost exactly the same distance apart in percentage numbers.

The lead is eroding yet it's still 40% higher than the #2 competitors. I still think that points to a pretty healthy gulf at this point.

2 minutes ago, C-Man said:

Barry Horn uses Column 5 (or whatever). You were citing Column 3 (or whatever). They are almost exactly the same distance apart in percentage numbers.

The lead is eroding yet it's still 40% higher than the #2 competitors. I still think that points to a pretty healthy gulf at this point.

No no no, man, 40% = nipping at heels. You just made the band, fanboi.