If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

I bet the seeds were sown when they switched his ticker shift to 7 hours. He used to only do 4 hours. Probably for the same pay. Then you don't get promoted when you've been around longer than Mino and Monty. That said, Ty was not host material. He was a role player. I know Reddit is having a field day with all of this and oddly, happily celebrating the Ticket's "demise" but middays really aren't that huge of a deal in the grand scheme of the station. If you see cracks in the Musers or HL numbers, then it's panic time. I can't recall middays doing much ratings wise until Rhyner left and the ratings took off. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

I know Reddit is having a field day with all of this and oddly, happily celebrating the Ticket's "demise" but middays really aren't that huge of a deal in the grand scheme of the station.

Yeah, midday exit/shuffle hasn't had any measurable difference or effect on lil 1310.

Right GIFs | Tenor

1 hour ago, RPM said:

Yeah, midday exit/shuffle hasn't had any measurable difference or effect on lil 1310.

Right GIFs | Tenor

It has made a difference but the Ticket isn't going away because middays aren't great. That was my point that you blew right past. As I said, if the Musers and HL numbers start to tank then the demise is happening.

Edited by mdmost

1 hour ago, NoName said:

for one day or moving forward?

Donnie just said tomorrow so I'm assuming 1 day. Guessing it's a scheduling conflict for either Donnie or Davey and the other agreed to be a good dude and switch to accommodate, but normally they would just get a low level to fill in. Maybe they feel so short staffed now that they don't like the idea of a regular fill in?

Or maybe they're thinking about a switch in the lineup and are trying things out

Edited by Hermanator

MM is better and seems more comfortable when he's running the show like today. I don't like playing armchair station PD but if these were the budget pieces that the station/Cumulus was forced to use for the midday makeover (MM, Bass, Mino) then I'd have kept the 10-12 and 12-3 timeslots the same. They could have made MM the new Norm to host 10-12 by himself and then have a fun 12-3 show with Donny/Bass/Mino and Monty producing. MM is already used to doing a show by himself in Birmingham and this would have allowed the station to introduce and promote him to the Ticket audience as an individual personality instead of forcing a new pairing. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Juke_Em said:

MM is better and seems more comfortable when he's running the show like today. I don't like playing armchair station PD but if these were the budget pieces that the station/Cumulus was forced to use for the midday makeover (MM, Bass, Mino) then I'd have kept the 10-12 and 12-3 timeslots the same. They could have made MM the new Norm to host 10-12 by himself and then have a fun 12-3 show with Donny/Bass/Mino and Monty producing. MM is already used to doing a show by himself in Birmingham and this would have allowed the station to introduce and promote him to the Ticket audience as an individual personality instead of forcing a new pairing. 

Seems like you do. And scattershooting while wondering what lineup would best feature Sean Bass makes you terrible at it. 

just listened to the NIT brake.  sean bass literally called mcclearin a “leading cunt” over the air and completely stopped down the show and the musers didn’t put him on the e-brake.  I can only take that to mean that they think of him about as much as everyone else does.  I found it funny. 

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

13 minutes ago, futureman said:

do any of you insiders know if blake will show up on the dumb zone?  I'm actually curious if he will reunite with dan and jake.

If they jump to a station then probably but not on the podcast unless their subs jump way up. I Gotta give them credit they're holding at about 4900 subs right now which after fees and taxes they're probably each taking home about 9 to 11k each a month. Not bad at all but not enough to be hiring extra people. 

Edited by Hermanator

43 minutes ago, RPM said:

yeah, that's the show we all listen to:

They have talked in recent episodes about whether or how mermaids would tan, the induction of NBA legend Dirk Nowitzki into the Naismith Memorial Basketball Hall of Fame, how the phrase “leave room for” became associated with dessert and which male celebrity the heterosexual male hosts would have sex with, if they had to pick one.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 4

12 hours ago, futureman said:

just listened to the NIT brake.  sean bass literally called mcclearin a “leading cunt” over the air and completely stopped down the show and the musers didn’t put him on the e-brake.  I can only take that to mean that they think of him about as much as everyone else does.  I found it funny. 

Nobody cares about bass. He’s a total non-factor. 

6 hours ago, Hermanator said:

If they jump to a station then probably but not on the podcast unless their subs jump way up. I Gotta give them credit they're holding at about 4900 subs right now which after fees and taxes they're probably each taking home about 9 to 11k each a month. Not bad at all but not enough to be hiring extra people. 

That's probably (maybe?) in line with what Jake was making at The Ticket but I'm pretty sure that's a massive haircut for Dan. They're going to The Freak the minute their non-compete is up IF the Freak can afford them.

Once they get past the non-compete, they can take on advertisers like Alamo Drafthouse and Eatzi's. That could pad their totals some more. Not sure how the lawsuit pushes that back or not. 

One thing about this new deal, by the time they have Monday's podcast out, I'm already past tired of Cowboys talk. Honestly, I'm skipping a lot of their sports talk which was pretty much what I did with the Hang Zone. I'd tune in at 12:10 and then back out until 1:30. 

1 hour ago, mdmost said:

One thing about this new deal, by the time they have Monday's podcast out, I'm already past tired of Cowboys talk. 

We're sorry, but we can't do an episode today. Jake couldn't get out of bed after watching his 4th round quarterback lose to the Cardinals. Maybe CeeDee didn't sniff his finger enough. We vow to be back tomorrow. Love you

Bob v. Corby tennis match ftw.

50 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

you would think so.  bet he doesnt like the suits telling him how and when he can spend his money.

It's probably built into the non-compete that they can't solicit or accept advertising that is a current Ticket advertiser. So it's not so much what Romo can do but what DZ can't do yet. Or maybe they're happy with the money they're bringing in so they don't need outside advertisers yet. It will probably happen some day. That's just leaving money on the table.