If BaD Radio isn't on from 3-7 p.m. ...

mdmost

things should get more interesting on The Dumb Zone.  they can now run ads.  there will be two free episodes per week, which can be found on all platforms (not just Patreon).  and tomorrow is the day their confidentiality agreement runs out, so they can start discussing what went down at the Ticket.  their lawyer warned them not to get into privileged stuff, but otherwise, they can start giving the low down on how/why they left and everything that entails.

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Drool 1

2 minutes ago, RPM said:

Tomorrow is the big day. Today's Business Wednesday should be interesting to hear about. They are also talking about moving to Substack.

i'm see what their their actual end goal is. leaving patreon is certain to cost them an actual real amount of money as folks won't flip over. right now they are at like 38k/month and betting that halves as you can find it free elsewhere - which is fine. being ad supported always was the end goal.

i've enjoyed what they put out and will continue to listen to all of it. having it out at a more consistent time is a good thing.

Just now, NoName said:

leaving patreon is certain to cost them an actual real amount of money as folks won't flip over.

I should have said adding Substack. They discussed it on the last episode. Substack approached them with a much better offer. so...

30288906-8481111-THEN_Mia_Agraviador_age

29 minutes ago, RPM said:

I should have said adding Substack. They discussed it on the last episode. Substack approached them with a much better offer. so...

30288906-8481111-THEN_Mia_Agraviador_age

haven't listened to the most recent epi yet.

but if they go to substack it's going to be some kind of exclusive thing so they will likely have to leave patreon and idk how their concept of releasing the same thing in both places works? bet they will have to offer something "exclusive" for those who pay - which is fine.

from a business side i'm really interested in where they are in 6 and 12 months. really hope for the best for them

Edited by NoName

26 minutes ago, NoName said:

from a business side i'm really interested in where they are in 6 and 12 months.

They talked about it being the flip side of the coin from radio. Local sponsors (even though they are loyal) pay less than national sponsors. It's the change in audience. They are now reaching a national/global audience. They have listeners in every state except Nebraska. Eatzi's and Grapevine Ford only have DFW clients. They need national advertisers. If they get serious they need to hire a sales guy or two and move in a studio.

• Hook 'Em 1

8 minutes ago, RPM said:

They talked about it being the flip side of the coin from radio. Local sponsors (even though they are loyal) pay less than national sponsors. It's the change in audience. They are now reaching a national/global audience. They have listeners in every state except Nebraska. Eatzi's and Grapevine Ford only have DFW clients. They need national advertisers. If they get serious they need to hire a sales guy or two and move in a studio.

i think the studio is coming very soon. they are already scouting locations.

i would love to see their numbers, i would think being open to state-wide advertisers even would be a benefit vs KTCK

24 minutes ago, NOMAAA said:

Jakes take yesterday that Texas fans are soft and not ready for the sec was out of touch. Bama wasn’t ready for us. LSU????? Please. Almost punched out. 

i just listened to that. he said we weren't ready for Starkville.

it's like the Alabama game didn't happen. yeah, i had to pause the podcast and calm down.

• Hook 'Em 1

On 1/30/2024 at 1:17 PM, Skipper said:

I caught part of the hardline segment talking about the party.  Dave noted it was great that they were out mingling with the PI's, just chatting, taking pictures and giving autographs.  What?  Imagine being a grown ass man asking one of these guys for their fucking autograph.  Dear lord.

You just reminded me of one of the craziest things I've ever seen in my life. I was at a remote like 20 years ago and saw a dude get an autograph from Johnny "Showtime" Barnes.

• Haha 1

3 minutes ago, threesheets said:

You just reminded me of one of the craziest things I've ever seen in my life. I was at a remote like 20 years ago and saw a dude get an autograph from Johnny "Showtime" Barnes.

Was it that guy from Aledo?

• Hook 'Em 1
  • Haha 1

58 minutes ago, Jive Turkey said:

i just listened to that. he said we weren't ready for Starkville.

it's like the Alabama game didn't happen. yeah, i had to pause the podcast and calm down.

Was strongly considering getting back in to their podcast.  If it's full of idiotic takes like that then never mind.  Get enough absurd anti-Texas bullshit from Corby 

• Hook 'Em 1

49 minutes ago, Skipper said:

Was strongly considering getting back in to their podcast.  If it's full of idiotic takes like that then never mind.  Get enough absurd anti-Texas bullshit from Corby 

I would say they rarely discuss college football or UT specifically. 

• Hook 'Em 1

1 hour ago, threesheets said:

Did he threaten to beat yo ass?

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

Jakes take yesterday that Texas fans are soft and not ready for the sec was out of touch. Bama wasn’t ready for us. LSU????? Please. Almost punched out. 

We’re a soft ass school and are about to get punched in the mouth, in every sport, apparently.

I don’t even get his point. It came up in the discussion about the horns down nonsense from BYU. Is he saying all our teams are going to fold because the fans are too mean? Or is it that all these powerhouse SEC programs are going to beat us straight up?

Biggest fucking eye roll.

42 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

We’re a soft ass school and are about to get punched in the mouth, in every sport, apparently.

I don’t even get his point. It came up in the discussion about the horns down nonsense from BYU. Is he saying all our teams are going to fold because the fans are too mean? Or is it that all these powerhouse SEC programs are going to beat us straight up?

Biggest fucking eye roll.

I took it as the fans weren’t ready and our fan base is soft. Jake is a horn fan, but it was a really bad take. 

well. Maybe fan is a bit strong. But he routinely talks about growing up a fan of the punt team. 

Edited by NOMAAA

2 hours ago, NOMAAA said:

I took it as the fans weren’t ready and our fan base is soft. Jake is a horn fan, but it was a really bad take. 

well. Maybe fan is a bit strong. But he routinely talks about growing up a fan of the punt team. 

Dan and Jake’s college football segments in general are usually pretty painful to listen to. I’m glad they rarely devote time to it.

• Hook 'Em 1

6 minutes ago, nolongerU2horn said:

And you're mad for him saying Texas is soft? 🤣

If he said "Texas isn't ready for Miss St" (whether talking about the team or the fans) that's just idiocy.  There is really nothing I can't stand more than terrible college football sports talk.  I listen to Sirius XM84 90% of drive time during the college football season for a reason.  Much better quality than the Ticket (which is just terrible at it).   When Corby is your "expert" and I know more about his own team than he does, that says it all.  Jake actually used to have decent takes (I liked the BAD radio segment with McElroy at least) but yeah, if they want me to make the effort to find their podcast (instead of just hitting a preset button while driving) going to have to have better takes than that.

59 minutes ago, Skipper said:

If he said "Texas isn't ready for Miss St" (whether talking about the team or the fans) that's just idiocy.  There is really nothing I can't stand more than terrible college football sports talk.  I listen to Sirius XM84 90% of drive time during the college football season for a reason.  Much better quality than the Ticket (which is just terrible at it).   When Corby is your "expert" and I know more about his own team than he does, that says it all.  Jake actually used to have decent takes (I liked the BAD radio segment with McElroy at least) but yeah, if they want me to make the effort to find their podcast (instead of just hitting a preset button while driving) going to have to have better takes than that.

Toughen up, sugar britches

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, nolongerU2horn said:

Toughen up, sugar britches

So you are trying to defend lazy and stupid sports takes?  I don't care if it's about Texas.  A lazy or stupid CFB take by anyone is pretty much auto tune out for me on principle.  It drives me crazy when people that are "sports talk professionals" are too lazy to know WTF they are talking about.  And it happens with CFB all the time at the Ticket (and apparently still on Jake and Dan's podcast).  We all have full time jobs in "not sports" and 90% of this board has more general college football knowledge than these idiots do. 

20 hours ago, Skipper said:

thankfully, the show is not full of idiotic takes.  just the occasional Jake stupid hot take that does seem very trollish.  but otherwise, you should definitely check back into the podcast.  4 shows a week, 2 will be free, and you can listen at your leisure. and now that they can talk about the Ticket, we should get a lot more disclosure.  starting today.

they are streaming their Super Bowl watch party on YouTube, with special guests Mike and Cash Sirois in attendance. 

• Hook 'Em 2

Just now, Jive Turkey said:

thankfully, the show is not full of idiotic takes.  just the occasional Jake stupid hot take that does seem very trollish.  but otherwise, you should definitely check back into the podcast.  4 shows a week, 2 will be free, and you can listen at your leisure. and now that they can talk about the Ticket, we should get a lot more disclosure.  starting today.

they are streaming their Super Bowl watch party on YouTube, with special guests Mike and Cash Sirois in attendance. 

Yeah I'm going to check it out. I mean I still enjoy the hardline most of the time despite Bob and Corby's incompetence as it relates to college football topics.

I listen to The Ticket (Musers) on days D&J are playing business. The Top 10 could be a weekly segment these days. I had roughly 2 weeks of Top 10 to listen to and beyond Gordo skits and Muser's bits there was nothing worth listening to. The Invasion did a Tag-Team interview of Sark that I did listen to. My biggest takeaway from that was Sark watching the clock for the second he could bounce.

• Hook 'Em 2

58 minutes ago, futureman said:

Doocy in for Junior on a Friday.  Musers mornings don’t get any better than this.  Enjoy. 

Just came to say the same thing. Jub Gordo and doocy is just great radio. 

• Hook 'Em 2

17 hours ago, Jive Turkey said:

and now that they can talk about the Ticket, we should get a lot more disclosure.  starting today.

If they ever say anything interesting about their exit from the ticket on the public episodes can y'all link it here? I wouldn't mind listening to that just not interested in anything else anymore. 

• Hook 'Em 1

23 hours ago, Skipper said:

Yeah I'm going to check it out. I mean I still enjoy the hardline most of the time despite Bob and Corby's incompetence as it relates to college football topics.

The uninformed and recycled takes are indeed annoying but at least the Hardline dedicates multiple segments per week to CFB.

It felt like Dan and Jake did about 20 minutes total CFB talk this season. I do have CFB podcasts to get that stuff, but still the dominance of Cowboys talk on the DZ is a bit tedious for me. Not unlike The ticket in general I guess and it easy to skip ahead at least.

Edited by LonghornSean

11 minutes ago, LonghornSean said:

The uninformed and recycled takes are indeed annoying but at least the Hardline dedicates multiple segments per week to CFB.

It felt like Dan and Jake did about 20 minutes total CFB talk this season. I do have CFB podcasts to get that stuff, but still the dominance of Cowboys talk on the DZ is a bit tedious for me. Not unlike The ticket in general I guess and it easy to skip ahead at least.

Yeah, I can't handle Cowboys talk on any platform.  I just don't give a shit.  It's a big part of why my listening flips heavily in favor of XM84 during the fall.  I make sure and catch the HL Klatt segment each week and will listen to Mavs/Stars/Rangers or non-sports segments here and there but not near as much Ticket listening in the fall.

So they're all staying at the Mandalay Bay where the dude shot everyone in 2017 from the window of his room. Gordo has to be really horny about that. 

At Shannon Rose Hill, there is a marker between the street and Oswald. Marked HIDELL. Oswald’s alias. I wonder if Gordo owns that plot.
  • Haha 1

nothing makes the loss of the dumb zone more acute than super bowl week. there simply isn't anyone compelling outside of musers / hardline, i don't care about anyone popping on and the lack of the extended wtds bits that basically powered the week are nonexistent. 

thissucksthissucksthissucksthissucks.

• Hook 'Em 2

The stories of their nights out are just cringe. It’s like they just took their first trip to Winstar. In sure Corby will have a “a girl in the elevator asked if I wanted a blow job!” The whole crew should be taken out of town to one of the brothels for our entertainment as they fail to get laid.

at least corby has the ability to be entertaining.  outside of the musers and corby the only one with any charisma is monty.  people are just drones, though, and the ratings will continue to be great.  the ticket really is bigger than any of them.  maybe not gordo.