[Official Surly] - San Antonio Commanders - Game thread of Busch and domination

immamac

So far, rules wise, it's like the NFL minus 2 decades. Which I'm obviously a fan of. Limited flags, lots of contact, most of the penalties seem to be on schematics rather than on field action. Feels like this should jump form 8 teams to 16 without much issue. 

Wtf, Tiki Barber-"it's been a long time since there has been football in the Alamodome, 2005 with the Saints to be exact". The Alamodome has the Alamo Bowl every year, the US Army All American game every year, UTSA, high school play off games, etc. etc. Lol

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

16 minutes ago, clapclapclap said:

Holy crap, Squints is the league MVP at the moment.

Also, Atlanta and Orlando uniforms look much better on tv.

Well, shit. Good for him! I hope he does great. Wish he'd been better for us, but won't ever hold that against him.

I'm really enjoying this. Like watching college level ball but with the extra access that a startup league needs to provide. I don't know that it will grab your average NFL fan because I think they're all about player name recognition. College fans fans like us can appreciate the style of play a little better.

1 minute ago, Eternal Noob said:

I'm really enjoying this. Like watching college level ball but with the extra access that a startup league needs to provide. I don't know that it will grab your average NFL fan because I think they're all about player name recognition. College fans fans like us can appreciate the style of play a little better.

I think all football fans will appreciate this because it's better than no football.

Just now, Helobious said:

I know It’s only one night but this already looks better than any non-NFL pro football league since the USFL.

The games are like watching some really good CFB games. It's top-notch. I'm enjoying it. Should tide me over until baseball season at the very least.

4 minutes ago, Eternal Noob said:

Fun watching guys who are excited to be playing football again....... brings out the kid in yah

Also San Antonio really wants pro football....

Edited by LTtxfan

2 minutes ago, 'stache said:

Yeah these QBs are looking super “developmental.” League is gonna need better qb play than this to be interesting long term.

Naw. I don't think you have to have great QB play. We all enjoy CFB well enough with worse QB play than this. That's why I think "College Football plus" is a good way to describe it.

Just now, Rimbo said:

Naw. I don't think you have to have great QB play. We all enjoy CFB well enough with worse QB play than this. That's why I think "College Football plus" is a good way to describe it.

Worse play than this?  The better of the two QBs is like 5-12 for 40 yards with 2 INTs through 3 quarters. 

• Like 1