5 Members of East Texas Family, Including Infant, Found Shot Dead At Residence

Vic Mackey

Even had to kill the infant?

V-5%20KILLED%20POLK%20COUNTY%209P_00.00.

BLANCHARD, Texas - Sheriff's officials say five members of an East Texas family, including a 15-month-old child, have been found dead at the family's home.

Polk County sheriff's officials say two men were found dead inside the house while two women and the infant girl were discovered outside the residence.

Chief Deputy Byron Lyons identified the deceased as Ashley Delaney and husband Randy Horn, as well as Delaney's in-laws, Carlos and Lynda Delaney. The child's identity hasn't been released, but Lyons says a woman was found safe locked in a bedroom closet. She told investigators that she awoke about 5:30 a.m. Monday to a disturbance described as popping noises. She called her son, who alerted authorities about 10:30 a.m.

Lyons says a firearm was recovered from the house about 75 miles northeast of Houston and that no suspects were being sought. However, he declined to characterize the incident as a multiple homicide and suicide.

More can be found about the background of the family here:

https://heavy.com/news/2019/02/ashley-ranley-horn-gene-lynda-delaney-texas-shooting-victims/?fbclid=IwAR0sjUCe4-XTrqr19ABh3c_MYaE10PuAtz9p0NHAsJ4AIz2pTFa1cvPCh3k

43 minutes ago, Vic Mackey said:

Lyons says a woman was found safe locked in a bedroom closet. She told investigators that she awoke about 5:30 a.m. Monday to a disturbance described as popping noises.

She’s the only one left alive?

......righhhhhhhtttt. 

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

Typically these people are not suicidal by the more medical definition pyscological speaking.

Typically they fall more into a borderline personality tipping into sociopathic mindset.

Essentially, the suicide is the final act of the process. One can't know for sure of course, but either it is the dot on their exclamation mark or they were simply unwilling to face the consequences of their actions. 

I'd be interested to read more on this. I would figure you would have to get over the suicidal hump before deciding to do the rest. Otherwise, why would you kill yourself at the end? 

1 minute ago, BurntEyes said:

I added a bit more to explain further.

Net - This wasn't drive by a desire to commit suicide. Suicide is a closing part of the drama/plan/act/ideation/desire.

Makes more sense now, thanks. So it's the desire to commit the act that is the trump card. The suicide is the "solution" for the fallout.

Nasty stuff.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, BurntEyes said:

I added a bit more to explain further.

Net - This wasn't drive by a desire to commit suicide. Suicide is a closing part of the drama/plan/act/ideation/desire.

I tend to agree even though I've never been in that frame of mind but it seems, under the circumstances, logical. You go on a murderous rampage, start thinking "oh fuck" and then "well, alrighty then" and BOOP! You off yourself as the coup de grace.

• Like 1

He was 54 and she was 27?

Did anything explain who was in the closet and why it took 5hrs to call 911?

Also, there was some implication that it was possible that the GF might have killed the murderer before GF died himself. I hope that is true at least.

I knew Ashley pretty well. She was a receptionist at my office for a few years. Her dad worked for us as well. I hadn’t seen her in about 5 years so I had no idea about this idiot she married. She was a sweet girl and this is a horrible story.

It was her mother that was in the closet. She was probably scared to come out because she didn’t know if he was still there waiting for someone else to show up.
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Hate said:

I knew Ashley pretty well. She was a receptionist at my office for a few years. Her dad worked for us as well. I hadn’t seen her in about 5 years so I had no idea about this idiot she married. She was a sweet girl and this is a horrible story.

It was her mother that was in the closet. She was probably scared to come out because she didn’t know if he was still there waiting for someone else to show up.

She looked like a very pretty woman. No idea why she would want to get with someone twice her age. And it looked like she filed for divorce with him but it was dropped. Maybe due to him pressing her to drop it and stay in a toxic relationship? Sad story all the way around.

Iirc, I saw it reported earlier today that a younger male relative said that the old man may have shot the murderer, that shots had been exchanged. That the murderer was dead but it wasn't clear then from where the fatal shot came.

The Grandparent’s other son (the one I didn’t know) alluded to something like this on Facebook. He said they weren’t sure if his dad shot the son in-law or not. I haven’t seen anything official up to this point though.

She looked like a very pretty woman. No idea why she would want to get with someone twice her age. And it looked like she filed for divorce with him but it was dropped. Maybe due to him pressing her to drop it and stay in a toxic relationship? Sad story all the way around.

She was a very pretty girl. When she started working for us she was probably 19 or 20. She was always very nice as well. Her family lost her little brother to cancer when he was 9 or 10. Brian Robison was very involved with him during his treatments so the family was always very big Longhorn fans.

The Sheriff’s Office said they are looking at a Facebook post Randy Horn posted earlier.

The last post on Horn’s Facebook page states, “And this is why i can't be out in the bars at night....blood on the floor!” with a picture of drops of blood on a floor.

“We are aware of the Facebook page made by Randy Horn, we are in the process of trying to determine if that actual picture that he took is part of our crime scene here or did it take place at a location that he was at last night,” Lyons said.

10 hours ago, BurntEyes said:

Typically these people are not suicidal by the more medical definition pyscological speaking.

Typically they fall more into a borderline personality tipping into sociopathic mindset. It also has trappings of egomaniacal.

Essentially, the suicide is the final act of the process. One can't know for sure of course, but either it is the dot on their exclamation mark or they were simply unwilling to face the consequences of their actions. Perhaps a combination of both. However, the onset of action wasn't driven out of a desire to die rather the suicide was a part of the package.

You're still going to hell, nice try though...lulz