Beto 2020

bad_teammate

56 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

Good.  Let's see it.

Agreed. I've always liked Beto a lot but found myself disappointed with his performance on the national stage. Time to eschew the aw shucks thing and get serious on these fools.

Edited by BradInATX

3 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

Beto the activist.  I like it. 

Yep. Morally, it's the right thing to do. Politically (for him), it's the right thing to do as well. He's spent a ton of time with Iowa without much to show for it. 

Travel all across the country and show everyone the damage Trump has caused. He's got the means and the time to do it. 

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Mojo Hand said:

it means he's running for VP now. 

This was my takeaway as well.  I’ve never seen a candidate run for VP before but if someone tried, this is what it should look like.  High visibility defending the most vulnerable among us.  It’s a good strategy, not just for Beto but also for the democrats. 

I think it is something like that as well, but a little different.  Running for a non-loss.  If he goes to Texas and loses, that's tough to recover from.  The world only knows you as a two time loser.  If you keep running and then bow out in 3 months on your own terms, it doesn't look like a loss.  You can do anything from VP to Stacey Abrams stuff to the private world.

14 minutes ago, Hugo Stiglitz said:

With every subsequent Trump inspired violent attack, Beto will be there to put Trump’s shit on blast and console the victims.  It’s sad this is how bad it’s become but Beto found his calling in this race. 

This...He's also going to be a useful tool to keep Trump's focus on him and keep him from being fully focused on the dem field. 

11 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

Corn dogs in Iowa state fair have a higher favorability rating than Beto 

Good job lil buddy! You got em! You should post that on Facebook to get all 6 of your likes from all of the people that haven't muted you yet.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 6

11 minutes ago, EuroHorn said:

I know you think that's funny and all that, but it's not at all. It's just a group of University of Texas educated people who can process thoughts and information and form educated opinions that are well beyond "look at my Facebook wall omg we should have won the civil war!!". There are plenty of dissenting voices here. There is plenty of spirited debate. Just because you feel out of place amongst a group of successful, educated people isn't an indictment on the successful educated people. It just means you're a fucking idiot.

Edited by BradInATX
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, BradInATX said:

I know you think that's funny and all that, but it's not at all. It's just a group of University of Texas educated people who can process thoughts and information and form educated opinions that are well beyond "look at my Facebook wall omg we should have won the civil war!!". There are plenty of dissenting voices here. There is plenty of spirited debate. Just because you feel out of place amongst a group of successful, educated people isn't an indictment on the successful educated people. It just means you're a fucking idiot.

Lol...

spacer.png

Edited by EuroHorn
  • Fuck You 1

Corn dogs in Iowa state fair have a higher favorability rating than Beto 

Wait...y’all are letting this go?
I mean, what a pointless observation. Corn dogs are fucking delicious. They have a higher favorability rating than...well, everyone.
So, real sick burn there. Jesus. The moronity is complete and total.
  • Like 2

Just now, Brisketexan said:

Wait...y’all are letting this go?
I mean, what a pointless observation. Corn dogs are fucking delicious. They have a higher favorability rating than...well, everyone.
So, real sick burn there. Jesus. The moronity is complete and total.

DenseFemaleAzurewingedmagpie-size_restri

• Like 2
  • Haha 1
  • Fuck You 1

What the hell happened here?

How's the Beto 3.0 launch go over? I like the new strategy. Kind of let Beto be Beto. We need his voice right now. Would love to see the Warren/Beto ticket preaching moral clarity at every level.

Edited by horncyclist
  • Like 1

(*nitpicky Hugo:  I wish politicians would stop calling them silencers.  There is no such thing as a silencer.  They are suppressors. Guns are still very noisy with suppressors.  

Also, suppressors are already very challenging to get. You have to fill out a LOT of paperwork, submit fingerprints, supply passport photos, pay $200 tax stamp, and wait at least six months for them to process your application.  This is already overkill for a device most people get to protect from hearing loss.)