Beto 2020

bad_teammate

Beto's greatest strength is being genuine and relatable, like a non-slimy Bill Clinton.   He hasn't found a way to convey that in this strong field of Dems before now, but he really found his legs on this one.  I can't see him winning, but there's definitely a lane, and maybe Veep spot, for someone who cuts through the crap as well as he does. 

38 minutes ago, bad_teammate said:

*B_T, watching Beto take huge shits on NYT and CNN*

22 minutes ago, Post Oak said:

The media is failing us.  Good on Beto for calling them out.  

It's a proven winning strategy

The media is failing us.  Good on Beto for calling them out.  
The president is a racist cunt.  That's established.  Ask better question you twats

And what kind of headline is that anyway. Jesus Christ, what the fuck?

Beto is leading the way while the media refuses to call out trump to the full extent that he is responsible for this. The media has been looking for any credible evidence about Russia for years but you get a smoking gun in him inciting racist violence and all but ignore it. Doesn’t make any sense. The guy fucking said why he did this.

• Like 1

I love this guy.

I lost some hope for Beto after his first debate showing.  But the only good lesson we've learned from the Trump fiasco is that being "unconventional" and "not sounding presidential" aren't deal breakers anymore.  So speak from the heart, Beto.  Someone needs to be the embodiment of all this hurt and betrayal and anger.  And yeah, it's gonna take a few F bombs.  Let it all fly, man.  It needs to be said.

Edited by TexArcher
  • Like 1

What the fuck?” is so effective because it demands our acknowledgment that we know, actually, why this is happening, despite some people asking as if the answer weren’t obvious. We know that having a racist, xenophobic, misogynist voice at the top is certainly more than “connected” to violent events in our country and that is has possibly never been more clear than it was this weekend in El Paso and Dayton.

https://www.thecut.com/2019/08/beto-orourke-responds-to-mass-shootings-what-the-fuck.html?utm_medium=s1&utm_source=fb&utm_campaign=nym&fbclid=IwAR0WcnRO08QVnSWNCAiqR0ATC2t6--iNbrMqoXfRFIUQ7kili60bItq13bw

• Like 1

If you are of the persuasion that people should not have AKs, then you have to come up with a plan to get them away from the public. Fully automatic weapons have to be registered and there are supposedly 638,000 out there. Nobody knows how many semi-automatic “assault rifle” type weapons are out there but the estimate is between 15 and 20 million. So, that’s a lot of guns and we don’t know who has them.

I guess Beto’s plan makes as much sense as any but it would be require going all in. The far right would go absolutely ballistic and I would expect the number of guns turned in to be very small. 

If you were going to do this you would have to:

1. Ban new production

2. Do a mandatory buy back

3. Wait 50 years the guns to naturally decline in numbers.

Side note: this is exactly why gun nuts have  been against a gun registry forever. They want to keep their AKs even when the become illegal.

Weapons of war should be off the streets. Buy back is the right move. Throw down another couple dozen of these senseless mass shootings and I’d be in favor of first degree felony charges for possessing after 12 months, maybe even sending notices to known purchasers and start rounding the rifles up. There is no reason for this crap.

• Like 2
  • Fuck You 2

11 hours ago, troph said:

Weapons of war should be off the streets. Buy back is the right move. Throw down another couple dozen of these senseless mass shootings and I’d be in favor of first degree felony charges for possessing after 12 months, maybe even sending notices to known purchasers and start rounding the rifles up. There is no reason for this crap.

Agree. It's not worth it. Can have special permits for 30-50 feral hog situations.

I think public opinion is starting to shift on this. Will be helpful to have a Dem with the bully pulpit.

Meanwhile, this tweet is blowing up:

17 hours ago, GRHorn said:

Oh, Beto. It’s sad watching him flail around, trying to make himself relevant in the campaign. He thought he was “made for this.”

Why are you presuming he's "trying to make himself relevant in the campaign"? Are you not aware that he's from El Paso?

Is this really how your brain operates?

Contrast this with trump’s reaction to tragedy. Tossing paper towels like basketballs, firing off ridiculous tweets, quick photo ops then bouncing. It would be so refreshing to have someone like beto or warren in the White House who genuinely cares about people going through the worst moments in their lives. The far right will find fault in anything they do but it will still shift the rest of the country back to valuing humanity a tiny bit more.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Bama Chick said:

YOU GUYS

Why is it so damn hard for so many politicians to act like a human being? The guy is hurting and Beto reacts like a normal person would. We need so much more of this from our leaders and less of the racist asshole inciting people to commit these atrocities.

• Like 1

Beto's humanity is his best quality.  I don't think it's enough to win but it's enough to beat Cornyn if he were to decide.
No way he is winning against Cornholio in 2020. Trumptards will be out stronger than they were for Cruz; Beto went further Left on guns. Nobody likes Ted Cruz yet here we are.
  • Like 1

I genuinely hope that your internet persona is just a bit. If not, you are a truly horrible human being.

This. Jesus fucking Christ, you’ve never done a nervous chuckle to keep from completely fucking breaking down? It’s a human thing...so I guess I get why you don’t understand.
As for the rest of the posts above...it just makes me sad.
It makes me sad that basic human decency is such a a contrast to the piece of shit currently in the White House. Hell, W had 1000x more than Trump - y’all remember the story of W standing there in a hospital, being berated by an angry mother of a wounded soldier, and taking it? Afterwards, telling his aide “that momma was pretty mad at me...And I don’t blame her a bit.”
I want a human being to be our president. It’s sad that it’s clearly too much to ask.
  • Like 4

Beto is a far better person, or at least better at communicating and connecting with other people, than he is a politician. I imagine he will see a bit of a bump after the El Paso incident because it's put the spotlight on who he is off-script as opposed to his clumsy Presidential campaign.

Seeing him in the wake of this mess has reminded me why I was so enthusiastic about his Senate campaign. The way he carries himself is the polar opposite of the contemporary GOP. He isn't going to be the Democratic nominee and it is going to be too late to jump into the Texas Senate race unless he does it very soon, and I don't think that is going to happen. So I don't know what comes next for him, but I hope he stays involved in the conversation in Texas after this primary is over. He is an asset to the state.

• Like 1

This. Jesus fucking Christ, you’ve never done a nervous chuckle to keep from completely fucking breaking down? It’s a human thing...so I guess I get why you don’t understand.
As for the rest of the posts above...it just makes me sad.
It makes me sad that basic human decency is such a a contrast to the piece of shit currently in the White House. Hell, W had 1000x more than Trump - y’all remember the story of W standing there in a hospital, being berated by an angry mother of a wounded soldier, and taking it? Afterwards, telling his aide “that momma was pretty mad at me...And I don’t blame her a bit.”
I want a human being to be our president. It’s sad that it’s clearly too much to ask.

I can’t believe republicans can’t see this for what it is - clearly an expression of emotion to avoid a total break down and sobbing.

I wish we had two alternatives for decent people to chose from, but we don’t.
  • Like 1