I'm coming around to Briskets side

Michael Knight

1 hour ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

Please close the door on your way out. I love these I'm gonna leave people, they never go... Did this trick work with mommy and daddy when your were 6 ?  

Snowflake or a 6 year old (they're interchangeable): I'm gone I'm running away.

Normal mom and dad or other mature grown up: Hey let me help you pack your bags......

Some of us have gone already.  More will in the near future.

13 hours ago, tjhooker said:

Why does this pathetic shit about the implosion of America and how bad it is always coming from the left?  What's that all about?

That’s total BS.  When the black guy wore a tan suit and ate spicy mustard I was told shit was OVER. 

Also scary brown caravan.  #shivers

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fudge Nuggets said:

I left already.  Can you read?

I typically don't care too much about people with your type of post. Yeah, I did read your post, and was just offering you a friendly bye bye, and leave the ball.

So a little clarification:  If you took the ball mail it back, it wasn't yours to take.     Better ?

14 hours ago, Kiss said:

Yes! I'm an American. But not for long. I'm leaving. Ex Pat all the way, baby.

America is a shit hole country now. Total 2nd world dive and plummeting. Anybody can see this. The dollar is becoming worthless.

Where are you thinking of moving to? I have been thinking of eventually moving to Ensenada/Baja, Mexico.

Edited by Dolemite

16 minutes ago, Onboard 2.0 said:

I typically don't care too much about people with your type of post. Yeah, I did read your post, and was just offering you a friendly bye bye, and leave the ball.

So a little clarification:  If you took the ball mail it back, it wasn't yours to take.     Better ?

You ain’t getting it back until your mom pays the money she owes me for the horse fucking I gave her before leaving.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Brandywine said:

I’m sorry, did you not hear Trump’s inauguration speech?

"But for too many of our citizens, a different reality exists: mothers and children trapped in poverty in our inner cities; rusted out factories scattered like tombstones across the landscape of our nation; an education system flush with cash, but which leaves our young and beautiful students deprived of all knowledge; and the crime and the gangs and the drugs that have stolen too many lives and robbed our country of so much unrealized potential.

"This American carnage stops right here and stops right now."

15 hours ago, Kiss said:

Awesome. You called bullshit! That's like a super power or something. Like calling "dibs", or "shotgun" or "jinx you owe me a Coke".

Carries as much weight as your “trust me” Super Power.

just sayin

Life in this country appears to be increasingly unbearable for a growing number of people.

U.S. life expectancy dropped in 2017 for the third consecutive year, as deaths by suicide and drug overdose continue to claim more American lives.

The average American could expect to live to 78.6 years old in 2017, down from 78.7 in 2016, according to data released Thursday by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s National Center for Health Statistics (NCHS). That decline may be modest, but it marks the third year in a row that life expectancy at birth has fallen — a noteworthy phenomenon, since the previous multiyear drop recorded by the NCHS was in the early 1960s.

Deaths by suicide, meanwhile, rose by 3.7% between 2016 and 2017, according to the new report. While still relatively uncommon, suicides accounted for 14 deaths per 100,000 people in the U.S. last year. In 1999, by contrast, that number was around 10.5 per 100,000 people.

Increases have been particularly pronounced among women, even though most people who die by suicide are male. The female suicide rate rose by 53% between 1999 and 2017, compared to 26% for men. Past CDC data has shown particularly worrisome increases among teen girls, for whom the suicide rate rose by approximately 70% between 2010 and 2016.

http://time.com/5464607/us-life-expectancy-2017/

1 hour ago, Fozzz said:

This is always so striking.  Such ruthlessly effective policymaking.  

And, as history has consistently illustrated, such a path is unsustainable.

History also tells us what the script is, and it's being followed to the letter.

Rig the system in favor of those at the very top.  As the masses in the middle grow restless, provide those masses with scapegoats for their problems (both as a distraction, and to give them some excuse for their own political missteps) -- muslims, mexicans, etc.  It helps if you can turn one group of the masses on another group of the masses, so that they are so distracted fighting each other over who took which stale crumb, that they don't notice the 1% loading up their trucks with pallets of bread.  Hold on to power by creating a kleptocracy that concentrates power even further -- aided by sub-officials (senators and the like) who happily cede their power/responsibility to one or two centralized authority figures who reward them with what they really want: prestige, and safety in terms of holding on to that prestige.

It works very, very well.  Until it doesn't.

All signs are that we've entered the end-stage.  Don't worry, there will still be a USA for quite some time.  It will just be a shell of its former self, but plenty of useful idiots will continue to declare it to be a wonderful shining city on a hill for decades to come, even as anyone with a lick of sense walks past them and snickers at their delusion.

Scotch will still be manufactured.  Ledges will still exist.  All is well.

Edited by Brisketexan

2 minutes ago, Brisketexan said:

And, as history has consistently illustrated, such a path is unsustainable.

History also tells us what the script is, and it's being followed to the letter.

Rig the system in favor of those at the very top.  As the masses in the middle grow restless, provide those masses with scapegoats for their problems (both as a distraction, and to give them some excuse for their own political missteps) -- muslims, mexicans, etc.  It helps if you can turn one group of the masses on another group of the masses, so that they are so distracted fighting each other over who took which stale crumb, that they don't notice the 1% loading up their trucks with pallets of bread.  Hold on to power by creating a kleptocracy that concentrates power even further -- aided by sub-officials (senators and the like) who happily cede their power/responsibility to one or two centralized authority figures who reward them with what they really want: prestige, and safety in terms of holding on to that prestige.

It works very, very well.  Until it doesn't.

All signs are that we've entered the end-stage.  Don't worry, there will still be a USA for quite some time.  It will just be a shell of its former self, but plenty of useful idiots will continue to declare it to be a wonderful shining city on a hill for decades to come, even as anyone with a lick of sense walks past them and snickers at their delusion.

Scotch will still be manufactured.  Ledges will still exist.  All is well.

Perhaps thats because Scotch will continue to be manufactured in Scotland. The question is whether Bourbon will still be manufactured. 

Who am I kidding though?  Scotch is going to get hit by Brexit. That ledge will only be serving vodka. 

2 minutes ago, FondrenRoad said:

Perhaps thats because Scotch will continue to be manufactured in Scotland. The question is whether Bourbon will still be manufactured. 

Who am I kidding though?  Scotch is going to get hit by Brexit. That ledge will only be serving vodka. 

Only for a little while, and I have a good stash.  Once Scotland goes independent, they'll be selling the hell out of it.

On 3/23/2019 at 9:27 PM, Michael Knight said:

America is irredeemable and it's citizens deserve Trump. We used to think we were the shining city on the hill and a guiding beacon of freedom and justice in the world, the truth is we're the baddies. The price of freedom is eternal vigilance,  but we got fat stupid and lazy. Our empire is swiftly dying,  I don't know what will replace us,  but it probably won't be good for most of us. 

Welcome to reality.

The problems have always been there. You were just caught up in the "hug a hero soldier/freedom/savior of the world/everybody else wants to be us" propaganda that tucks Americans in at night. As someone that has traveled internationally extensively, I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, the rest of the world is doing just fine. Trump has just highlighted some issues.

6 hours ago, Spankytoes said:

Welcome to reality.

The problems have always been there. You were just caught up in the "hug a hero soldier/freedom/savior of the world/everybody else wants to be us" propaganda that tucks Americans in at night. As someone that has traveled internationally extensively, I can tell you, without a shadow of a doubt, the rest of the world is doing just fine. Trump has just highlighted some issues.

Oh I never bought any of that shit, but I did believe in the inherent goodness of the average American and had faith in our institutions to eventually nudge towards the right answer. I foolishly believed that the American public would be up in arms if they found out we were caging children on American soil. Who knew electing a black man would awaken the true ugliness of its people.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Michael Knight said:

Oh I never bought any of that shit, but I did believe in the inherent goodness of the average American and had faith in our institutions to eventually nudge towards the right answer. I foolishly believed that the American public would be up in arms if they found out we were caging children on American soil. Who knew electing a black man would awaken the true ugliness of its people.

Onboard is not going to like this one bit.

#teambrisket

Republicans have accelerated America’s decline. We are going to cede our position to China as a result which will have negative consequences for not just the US but the whole world.

I expect less freedom and more conflict. Good job, Republicans!

• Like 1

16 hours ago, Michael Knight said:

Agreed...but on BOTH sides of the fence.

I remember the feeling of pride when Obama took the stage when he was elected. Even to this day, I get a little misty-eyed when I watch it. There was so much hope for our nation that night. A black man, who was idealistic and charming, was elected President of a country that wouldn't even let him drink from the same water fountain as white people 45 years prior. To boot, he beat a popular white war hero to get there. America had survived 9/11 and we were on a new path of living up to our ideals.

Then, his Presidency happened. Not only did it stir up a hornet's nest for those not wanting to accept a minority as our President, it gave birth to a racial divide in our country that had been dwindling. All of a sudden, you could not criticize our President without being accused of having a racial motive, despite the fact that he was also 1/2 white. However, IMO, the shift starts with black people wanting Obama to be the figurehead of transgressions against the community and white people wanting Obama to acknowledge that America was no longer racist, as evidenced by his victory. Of course, neither occurred.

As a result, the seeds were sewn for a Trump victory. 

• Like 1